LAX TV/Streaming Action for Feb 4-6 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

LAX TV/Streaming Action for Feb 4-6

They lose multiple D starters as well
That somewhat depends upon whether Makar and Geppert (LSM) return for their 5th year. But Rahill and the ssdms Puglise and Higgins will have finished up.

That somewhat depends upon whether Makar and Geppert (LSM) return for their 5th year. But Rahill and the ssdms Puglise and Higgins will have finished up.

Tillman will full press both to comeback, losing Rahill and both ssdms is a already a lot. Maryland won't fall apart by any stretch but there gonna take a step back with all those losses even with the portal

The highly touted UVA goalie Matthew Nunes looking like a frosh against AF. Schellenberger picking up where he left off.

Tillman will full press both to comeback, losing Rahill and both ssdms is a already a lot. Maryland won't fall apart by any stretch but there gonna take a step back with all those losses even with the portal
Josh Coffman, who apparently is injured, and didn't play today, could be back for a 5th year as ssdm. Tillman has already picked up a transfer ssdm. Colin Burlace could be ready to step in as a sophomore next year. The Terps bring in 2 five star defensemen recruits next season, Larkin and Schaller. In the end, I don't expect the defense to drop much if Makar, Coffman, and Geppert return for a 5th year.

I agree with you general premise that Syracuse will have a better chance next year, particularly now that Hiltz is injured. Although, I feel more that it comes more from losses on the offensive end of the field for Maryland. That being said, Syracuse will be losing some key players after this year too.

See Maryland new transfers all had big day.

Khan 4g-2a
Murphy 4g
Donville 2 g
Tygh 9-16 f/o, 1 g

Meanwhile Winaukaus 5g 3a

No. 1 Virginia def Air Force 21-11
No. 2 Maryland def High Point 21-13
No. 3 Duke def Robert Morris 21-12 (Friday)
No. 10 Rutgers def LIU 15-6
No. 12 Denver def Utah 14-13
No. 15 Johns Hopkins def Jacksonville 11-8
No. 16 Delaware def NJIT 19-9

Bucknell 16, Mercer 14
Providence 16, Holy Cross 9
Michigan 22, Bellarmine 13
Mount St. Mary’s 11, Navy 9
Penn State 20, Lafayette 15
Ohio State 18, Detroit Mercy 7

Hofstra 8, Merrimack 7

Last edited:
Let's see what we can glean from the UVA boxscore:

Griffin Schutz got the start on the midfield with Garno and Conner. 1 goal for Griffin.
Shellenberger 2g, 5a, Matt Moore 1g-3a, Cormier 4 goals.
Xander Dickson 4 goals.

I don't see any individual goalie or FO stats. We need to go to the pdf boxscore:

LaSalla 11-18, Braun 7-11, Whalen 3-6 on face-offs.
Nunes 8 saves to 8 GA

Josh Zawada 5g, 5a for 10pts to start the season.

Big Ten starts the season 6-0 this year, after being only 3-3 after the first weekend last year.

Big Ten starts the season 6-0 this year, after being only 3-3 after the first weekend last year.
Cute

it's a 100% improvement.

PSU tied with Lafayette 6-6, yikes
Lmao at PSU giving up 15 goals to Lafayette. They were 1-11 last year.

We Are! Bad at lacrosse again!

Let's see what we can glean from the UVA boxscore:

Griffin Schutz got the start on the midfield with Garno and Conner. 1 goal for Griffin.
Shellenberger 2g, 5a, Matt Moore 1g-3a, Cormier 4 goals.
Xander Dickson 4 goals.

I don't see any individual goalie or FO stats. We need to go to the pdf boxscore:

LaSalla 11-18, Braun 7-11, Whalen 3-6 on face-offs.
Nunes 8 saves to 8 GA
Watched part of the game ..Nunes looked like a freshman.

Watched part of the game ..Nunes looked like a freshman.
I’ve watched the first half so far. Possession time has been critical. When Virginia has the ball, they are getting opportunities. They barely had the ball in the first quarter and were shut out. They had it plenty in the second quarter and scored 10. Pretty deadly from X. Dodge, draw and dump. Even Lascalla scored on a dodge from X.

plopped on the couch yesterday afternoon and watched as much as i could (save for the PSU game, for which there was no stream) and the majority of big ten teams looked improved from last year. michigan's offense and hop's defense in particular stood out to me. OSU has a deeper team than people realize. maryland is still maryland. we'll find out more as the non-con schedules get harder.

biggest surprise of the day is Navy, who a lot of people had in their top 20s, losing to the Mount.

plopped on the couch yesterday afternoon and watched as much as i could (save for the PSU game, for which there was no stream) and the majority of big ten teams looked improved from last year. michigan's offense and hop's defense in particular stood out to me. OSU has a deeper team than people realize. maryland is still maryland. we'll find out more as the non-con schedules get harder.

biggest surprise of the day is Navy, who a lot of people had in their top 20s, losing to the Mount.

FWIW, and I’m not sure if it’s true but someone on FanLax said the Mount lost to UNC in a scrimmage 11-10.

I’ve watched the first half so far. Possession time has been critical. When Virginia has the ball, they are getting opportunities. They barely had the ball in the first quarter and were shut out. They had it plenty in the second quarter and scored 10. Pretty deadly from X. Dodge, draw and dump. Even Lascalla scored on a dodge from X.
That was definitely the most shocking moment in the game. Some guy completely blows by his man at x and rips it past the goalie. I think oh crap this must be some new stud freshman and it’s just Lasalla! Hope Phaup has been working on his ssdm play.

Lmao at PSU giving up 15 goals to Lafayette. They were 1-11 last year.

We Are! Bad at lacrosse again!
They also scored 20 without their star attackman Malone, which means a lot of their other guys on the offense came through for them.

I don't know that the Big Ten has necessarily improved, they just got a chance to play weaker opponents, teams below the median level. I was surprised by the offensive output of most of the teams, except Hopkins who only scored 11.

I don't know that the Big Ten has necessarily improved, they just got a chance to play weaker opponents, teams below the median level. I was surprised by the offensive output of most of the teams, except Hopkins who only scored 11.

you're surprised by their offensive output against weak opponents? lafayette is one of the three worst programs in D1. i would not read anything into PSU's 20 goals

UVA game is the only one I have seen in full. Really the Shellenberger show for the most part. He looks just as fast as ever if not faster, had some ridiculous Ament esque long range feeds. Dickson and Cormier are all you could ask for when you want someone to bury the rock. Not total monsters off the dodge but man do they get it done with finishing from both long and close range. Dickson also has enough shake where you would ideally pole him. Amazing that both nearly transferred. The didn't really need much from Shutz down the stretch so it is hard to have an opinion just yet. Looks a little like Bertrand never left, but he let others do the dodging for the most part yesterday.

Zinn scored of a nice one handed catch and quick long range finish and even had some nice feeds. They appeared to have him as a potential second line middie candidate. He has always looked good at times but the bad tends to outweigh the good in the end, but the ol change of scenery has worked wonders in the past. They played him occasionally on ssdm as well. He of course has the footspeed, but looks a little out of place on defense. Kaestner is one of those guys not on many preseason AA lists who should be on plenty in the post season. A force to be reckoned with.

That was definitely the most shocking moment in the game. Some guy completely blows by his man at x and rips it past the goalie. I think oh crap this must be some new stud freshman and it’s just Lasalla! Hope Phaup has been working on his ssdm play.
That was an odd (at least to me) situation. Lasalla won the face and passed the ball to the attack. Instead of heading off, he stayed on the field. The attack passed it back to him behind the goal like he was any other middie on an invert and he dodged out front.

Vermont hanging tough after one
And their Gaolie has a sweet assist

Go UVM! All the announcers are talking about is Duke and catamounts tie the game in the first. When we were looking to replace Desko thought Feifs would have deserved an interview. He has built that program.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom