LAX TV/Streaming Action for March 15-20 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

LAX TV/Streaming Action for March 15-20

cornell extends the run to 7 and shuts out yale in the 3rd.. now 11-5. Interesting in that Yale has 17 saves and is dominating the FO by a huge margin and still struggling. cornell has 2 FO wins and a few on violations and thats it

crazy game.. yale with 5 in a row in the 4th as cornell has had the ball for 30secs the whole quarter and yale after 5 goals in 3 quarters has 5 in 5 min to make it 12-10. FO now killing cornell.

13-12 Cornell over Yale final
12-7 Notre Dame over Michigan final
11-10 Lehigh over Army final
16-6 Georgetown over Utah final

10-7 Binghamton over Albany in the third (!!!)

Switching over to the Cuse game but this Penn-Princeton game might be first to 30. 17–16 with 14 mins left.

13-12 Cornell over Yale final
12-7 Notre Dame over Michigan final
11-10 Lehigh over Army final
16-6 Georgetown over Utah final

10-7 Binghamton over Albany in the third (!!!)
Looking at Michigan's results of losing 14-9 vs Harvard and 12-7 vs ND, leads to a bit of a feeling that Michigan's weak early schedule didn't prepare them well for playing tough defenses.

Penn's decision to swtich goalies has not panned out so far. Princeton with 3 quick goals to go back up by 2. I def expected this to be more of a defensive game but it has been exiciting.

cornell lost the faceoff game 7 to 21 and almost blew the 7 goal lead in one quarter but held on.

Switching over to the Cuse game but this Penn-Princeton game might be first to 30. 17–16 with 14 mins left.
great to have the Ivies back. But for Dartmouth, they seem the best league. Tigers v Penn was a fun game to watch. Glad my alma mater on the map again.

Well, I guess Maryland gets to rule the roost now, with their 23-12 shellacking of UVa.
Actually, I think it was a little closer than the final score. UVa was beginning to get back in the game with 4 straight goals going into the early 4th quarter, cutting Maryland's lead to 15-11. Maryland gets 2 goals from their defense, first Puglise and then an over half field heave from Rahill at an empty net. This seemed to take the wind from UVa's sails in trying to comeback - and Maryland finished the game on a run. Wierman's winning the face-off battle seemed like a big plus for the Terps.

Cornell is also still undefeated, although their wins haven't been quite as impressive as Maryland's.

Maryland moves into the Big Ten part of their schedule with PSU on the road next weekend and then Michigan on the road the following weekend.

Well, I guess Maryland gets to rule the roost now, with their 23-12 shellacking of UVa.
Actually, I think it was a little closer than the final score. UVa was beginning to get back in the game with 4 straight goals going into the early 4th quarter, cutting Maryland's lead to 15-11. Maryland gets 2 goals from their defense, first Puglise and then an over half field heave from Rahill at an empty net. This seemed to take the wind from UVa's sails in trying to comeback - and Maryland finished the game on a run. Wierman's winning the face-off battle seemed like a big plus for the Terps.

Cornell is also still undefeated, although their wins haven't been quite as impressive as Maryland's.

Maryland moves into the Big Ten part of their schedule with PSU on the road next weekend and then Michigan on the road the following weekend.

I was a little worried at 15-11 that the Terps could let them back into the game but honestly it never really felt like it was a game. Maryland mostly did what they wanted on the offense. Their ball movement and depth are fantastic. To me they also looked like the team that lost in the Championship last year and haven't forgotten about it.

Cornell isnt gonna win some of the elite games losing all the draws in multiple quarters, if they just won 40% of the draws they beat yale by 5+ the way the game was played. 25% FO is not gonna fly most of the time. Wonder if the debacle in PSU has gotten into the their FO heads

It seems to me that UVa was the only ACC team to win last weekend, and then was the only ACC team to lose this weekend.

Delaware 12, Hop 10

I know we talk endlessly about how needlessly difficult the SU schedule is, but Hopkins seems to have taken the cake. I really don’t get scheduling Delaware after playing Navy two days ago when the Blue Hens haven’t played in a week. I understand wanting to get tournament ready with a quick turnaround, but do it when your opponent is doing the same thing. They also did this earlier in the season except they scheduled Georgetown for their Sunday game when the Hoyas had a week off. Why??

I know we talk endlessly about how needlessly difficult the SU schedule is, but Hopkins seems to have taken the cake. I really don’t get scheduling Delaware after playing Navy two days ago when the Blue Hens haven’t played in a week. I understand wanting to get tournament ready with a quick turnaround, but do it when your opponent is doing the same thing. They also did this earlier in the season except they scheduled Georgetown for their Sunday game when the Hoyas had a week off. Why??

I didn't think the early season friday/sunday scheduling was a big deal but to do it again a month later after the schedule they've played already seemed pretty ambitious. Perhaps the coaching staff was feeling as confident as many of their fans and media thinking that the late season run the team had last year was automatically going to carry over to this season.

My brief glimmer of hope for this team is gone.

I thought that there was a better than 50% chance of heading into Big Ten play at 6-3.

I was a little more worried about Delaware because of quality of the teams and the huge rest disparity (2 days vs 8 days), but still felt Hop was slight favorite.

As soon as they lost to Navy on Friday night, my mind immediately turned to AQ or bust. You can’t recover from that loss with how little margin there already was.

I hope both us and Cuse tinker with the lineups the rest of the season to come back stronger next year, because there’s likely not a lot left to gain in this one.

Syracuse is going to struggle to find 4 more wins to finish .500, and Hop is going to need a legitimate miracle to beat this Maryland team in the Big Ten tourney - not to mention likely 2 other teams along the way.

I tended to favor Hopkins as the #2 Big Ten team going into the season due to their finish last year, but I felt that the 5 teams behind UMd were relatively close and that some of them would rise up to the spot It appears at the moment that it is Rutgers and Ohio State have risen up.

When one looks at the current RPI chart Rutgers best wins are #22 Loyola, #28 Stony Brook,, and #31 Army - so Rutgers still has some work to do to make the NCAA tmt. Despite losing to Denver yesterday, OSU has a nice group of top RPI wins: #6 UNC, #8 Harvard, and #14 Notre Dame.

I don't think that Hopkins is out of the running for an at-large berth yet. They just have to turn things around big time in the Big Ten part of their season. Hopkins has wins over #22 Loyola,, #24 [name withheld]. Loyola seems to be upwardly mobile recently and will probably be in the top 20. Even if Hopkins can't beat Maryland, if they can take Rutgers and Ohio State, it could give them a nice group of top 20 RPI wins. Hopkins' RPI is still good at #16.

If Hopkins can take care of Michigan this weekend, and go up to Piscataway and upset Rutgers the following weekend. They would be 6-5, with possibly 2 top 20 RPI wins (if Loyola continues to win), a top 15 RPI themselves, and an outstanding SOS.

I tended to favor Hopkins as the #2 Big Ten team going into the season due to their finish last year, but I felt that the 5 teams behind UMd were relatively close and that some of them would rise up to the spot It appears at the moment that it is Rutgers and Ohio State have risen up.

When one looks at the current RPI chart Rutgers best wins are #22 Loyola, #28 Stony Brook,, and #31 Army - so Rutgers still has some work to do to make the NCAA tmt. Despite losing to Denver yesterday, OSU has a nice group of top RPI wins: #6 UNC, #8 Harvard, and #14 Notre Dame.

I don't think that Hopkins is out of the running for an at-large berth yet. They just have to turn things around big time in the Big Ten part of their season. Hopkins has wins over #22 Loyola,, #24 [name withheld]. Loyola seems to be upwardly mobile recently and will probably be in the top 20. Even if Hopkins can't beat Maryland, if they can take Rutgers and Ohio State, it could give them a nice group of top 20 RPI wins. Hopkins' RPI is still good at #16.

If Hopkins can take care of Michigan this weekend, and go up to Piscataway and upset Rutgers the following weekend. They would be 6-5, with possibly 2 top 20 RPI wins (if Loyola continues to win), a top 15 RPI themselves, and an outstanding SOS.

I thought Hopkins would be better this season as well. But they've had some injury issues (Narwiski their main FOGO, Fernandez hasn't come back from his knee injury, Grimes and Maher off the top of my head) and that schedule has been brutal. But they look "off" to me - their second line midfield was such a bight spot near the end of last season, but now they're not getting much production from that group. Injuries have something to do with that of course. Desimone looks to be his pre-2021 self. They've gotten some up and down goalie play (of course it was "up" against 'Cuse) and their clearing troubles are well documented. Still can't beleive we lost down at Homewood, but it is what it is.

In reading the Hopkins board at FanLax, their fans seem very upset that the staff is implementing a system/style that does not fit the skills of the players they inherited. Of course over on this board we are upset for the opposite reasons - our coaches are not implementing a system but rather just letting our best players have at it. I guess why I'm pointing this out is that the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the argument. Sometimes if you don't have the players, you just don't have the players no matter what. We might still be furious if someone was taking shots away from Dordevic and Curry that weren't on their level. Not sure the right approach is, but it felt worthwhile to point out a program that is having similar struggles, but maybe for different reasons.

The Hopkins board at FanLax is a National Treasure when it comes to the online lacrosse community, particularly if you're not a Hopkins fan. The spectrum of delusion to optimism is really something else. For those of you that venture over there with any regularity are certainly familiar with what I'm talking about.

The Hopkins board at FanLax is a National Treasure when it comes to the online lacrosse community, particularly if you're not a Hopkins fan. The spectrum of delusion to optimism is really something else. For those of you that venture over there with any regularity are certainly familiar with what I'm talking about.

It really is great, Doc and 16 constantly bickering and then Steelhop parachuting in occasionally to drop a reality bomb and then disappear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom