LAX TV/Streaming Action for March 8-13 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

LAX TV/Streaming Action for March 8-13

They may yet pull it together but...losing to Ohio State is shocking.
Not really. It is always tough going into the Shoe, and OSU is playing really well this year. OSU beat UNC 20-8 in Chapel Hill, so how could their beating ND 14-11 at home be considered shocking?

Not really. It is always tough going into the Shoe, and OSU is playing really well this year. OSU beat UNC 20-8 in Chapel Hill, so how could their beating ND 14-11 at home be considered shocking?
Yup. Ohio state is no joke at this point. Makes me a little scared for Cornell.

I guess I was shocked because I thought ND was a strong defensive team and was better than UNC. Clearly, I was wrong. :cool:

Notre Dame took a big swing at the faceoff x. Last year they had two All American worthy players in Gallagher and Leonard and won over 60%. This year they are relying mostly on a freshman and winning just about 40%.

Loyola leads Duke 4-2. Loyola defense did a decent job for most of that first quarter, and Duke not looking too crisp on the offensive end till O'Neall netted back to back goals closing out the quarter. Loyola got a couple transition goals but Duke defense pressing out and leaving a lot of open space in the middle.

Loyola up 9-2 just under 5 minutes left in the second. Loyola passing has pretty much been spot on allowing for some great shots and finishes.

Loyola just lost to Towson and barely beat a poor Lafayette team. Either Daniwski or the IL recruit rankings need to take a serious look in the mirror.

Doesn't look like Loyola is doing anything special on defense, just some well timed slides. Sloppy passing on the offense, kinda like the SU offense.

Loyola just lost to Towson and barely beat a poor Lafayette team. Either Daniwski or the IL recruit rankings need to take a serious look in the mirror.
Both. Tired of the Duke (over)hype machine. I think the offense is over rated.

Can't help but notice that the ACC super teams of last year - Duke, UNC and ND - aren't so super so far this year, with the exception of UVA of course. Seems to prove that the big-name transfers had huge impact in 2021. Really a shame given that our Cuse 2020 team got no transfers and paid for it big time.

Both. Tired of the Duke (over)hype machine. I think the offense is over rated.
I don’t think they’re necessarily overrated. I think the coaches just haven’t figured out the best combinations yet. O’Neill doesn’t touch the ball enough. Lulley is a great QB who doesn’t play enough. McAdorey is a true freshman playing first line midfield, so expect him to only be better and have more things figured out by May.

Don’t see any Duke magical comebacks happening today.

They’re probably still tourney bound barring 0-6 in ACC play, but this is not the legit title contender Duke that we’ve seen for the last 4 seasons. They have issues to address.
ooc season isn't over, but looking more like they'll need 2 and 4 or maybe 3 and 3.
notre dame already is gonna need at least 3 and 3.

Can't help but notice that the ACC super teams of last year - Duke, UNC and ND - aren't so super so far this year, with the exception of UVA of course. Seems to prove that the big-name transfers had huge impact in 2021. Really a shame given that our Cuse 2020 team got no transfers and paid for it big time.
Wycoff was a nice transfer pickup. Not enough to save the D that year, but we would have been worse off without him.

I don’t think they’re necessarily overrated. I think the coaches just haven’t figured out the best combinations yet. O’Neill doesn’t touch the ball enough. Lulley is a great QB who doesn’t play enough. McAdorey is a true freshman playing first line midfield, so expect him to only be better and have more things figured out by May.
Fair enough, then its on the coaching staff. Last year they had Sowers and initiated from the midfield. As you said, Lulley is a great QB who is under utilized

ONeill has not developed at all as a passer yet. With all the attention he draws we should be seeing way higher assist numbers at this point. McAdory however has shown some nice feeding ability. Wonder if they ever try him at attack. Hard to experiment when you keep bringing in a new starting QB attack from the portal.

ONeill has not developed at all as a passer yet. With all the attention he draws we should be seeing way higher assist numbers at this point. McAdory however has shown some nice feeding ability. Wonder if they ever try him at attack. Hard to experiment when you keep bringing in a new starting QB attack from the portal.
They just move McAdory to attack..offense scores 3 quick ones

Penn continues to live dangerously, they down Villanova 8-7 at the last second.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom