Class of 2016 - LB David Reese (MI) Committed to Florida | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 LB David Reese (MI) Committed to Florida

I will say the music scene in austin is probably better than a lot of places. I guess my point is that for a college kid I'm not sure how much the city they are in plays a role as much as the campus itself, the dorms, the facilities, the weather, etc...
I agree with this - at least for a high D-1 athlete whose days are highly regulated and whose free time is somewhat limited. But, to the extent that being in a place with a lot to do factors into the decision, Austin comes out ahead of most places.

Moved to San Diego a few months ago and already contemplating the next move and think Austin is going to be next. Seems like it might be the best city in the country to live in for late 20s/early 30s.
ordinarily I beg people to stop moving to Austin, but this place needs more Syracuse fans! :)

Haha, Its only been a few months but I'm already sick of my 30 mile commute taking 75-90 mins & the $2000+ rent for 1 bedroom condo. Visited Austin in October for the F1 race and a UT game and was pretty much sold on it being my next stop.
feel free to message me if you have any questions.

edit: i should add, if high rent and traffic are things you are looking to get away from, then Austin might not be the place!

This David Reese thread is threadbare.

Also, I would love to see David Reese wear Orange...or Blue or White or Platinum or whatever else.

The hope is he and Dino already built a good relationship during BG recruitment, and the school just couldn't compete with the big boys. Now he's probably selling - to all his former highly valued/rated recruits - the idea of helping us get there given the ACC, facilities, Dome renovations, and his offensive and defensive philosophies.

It's the dead period and he wants to enroll early. He still could visit, but can't see the coaches. But they can communicate by phone, emails, etc. So they could arrange for him too see the campus and facilities, etc. Sounds positive he hasn't committed to Texas or Florida while both are clearly after him hard.

Proximity to home may have played a part in committing to UM in the first place. And one good selling point we do have - we're within reasonable driving distance.

I hope HCDB or his staff gets on this kid quick. He is ready to do something and he is a stud and just what the Orange ordered and need. He wants a family atmosphere, well he will definitely get that here.

sure reads like he has no more official visits left and is also enrolling early. he's not in the picture.

The dead period screws it all up but thats what you get when you change staff at the end of the year.

sure reads like he has no more official visits left and is also enrolling early. he's not in the picture.
He could still visit, just can't see the coaches. But having been recruited by Dino to BG that may be moot. Just needs to see campus. Could still be in the picture.

The dead period screws it all up but thats what you get when you change staff at the end of the year.
Doesn't really have anything to do with the dead period in this case.

He could still visit, just can't see the coaches. But having been recruited by Dino to BG that may be moot. Just needs to see campus. Could still be in the picture.
Technically he could still be in the picture, but the odds are between slim and none, I think.

Doesn't really have anything to do with the dead period in this case.
Well I was figuring if the coaches wanted to get him in to see the campus soon, they would and could be the ones to give the tour.

He got out of Texas without committing but Texas never left him. ugh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom