LB Geoff Cantin-Arku graduated from Memphis/Declaring for NFL Draft | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

LB Geoff Cantin-Arku graduated from Memphis/Declaring for NFL Draft

Certainly not good news, I’m starting to think the portal and the NIL may be the beginning of the end of my fanatical devotion to SU For football and hoops , This just sucks. I don’t believe for a second within the next couple months teams all over are going to lose key players, and it’s the have nots that don’t have depth that will suffer . And the gap will widen.

Have to agree. CFB they we knew is long gone it appears.

Coaches don't quit their teams and leave in the middle of the season. They get fired, yes, but they don't just get up and leave because they don't like their situation. I get the desire to level the playing field, but these are immature teenagers and should not be trusted with this much freedom. Let them transfer after the season. But there needs to be some checks and balances before the whole thing blows up in its face.
Texas Tech’s new coach left his position at Baylor last week and they play each other next Saturday. Lol

Let the kids do whatever they want. Even if it’s not the right decision most of the time they’ll learn from their mistake and if they don’t oh well. The sport is fine

Coaches don't quit their teams and leave in the middle of the season. They get fired, yes, but they don't just get up and leave because they don't like their situation. I get the desire to level the playing field, but these are immature teenagers and should not be trusted with this much freedom. Let them transfer after the season. But there needs to be some checks and balances before the whole thing blows up in its face.
I would like them to have a portal dead period like we have for recruiting, maybe Sept-December the portal is closed. At least you could plan on your roster for the season.

I think that's what many were saying when the portal got implemented with unfettered lack of limitations.

It doesn't have to be polar extremes -- i.e., they have to sit out or they are free agents. Maybe it should be somewhere in the middle, where players are free to leave and won't have to sit out if their coach bails for another job or is fired, but they do for other circumstances.

Hard to say for sure but you wonder if the writing is on the wall internally regarding Dino's job status.

I mean..I don’t think it’s that

However, I could see if it was. We are staring 5 losing seasons out of 6 right in the face. And we literally just didn’t even show up in Louisville after a bye week…

This one is a shock and makes you wonder

Last edited:
You should fire your coach because something right isn’t going on
I don’t understand that logic at all. Each kid is an individual, you may get 15 one year and 2 the next. Do you remember being 19 , I do , no one could tell me anything, I knew it all.

This transfer portal is going to ruin what is left of this program. Wait until the starters enter and wind up at programs with recent success. These kids not only want to start, they want to be with programs that are successful and fully invested in football.

I don’t understand that logic at all. Each kid is an individual, you may get 15 one year and 2 the next. Do you remember being 19 , I do , no one could tell me anything, I knew it all.

So when a ton of the girls basketball team transferred out that didn’t cause JW to start digging into why?

Come on, if you lose 15 kids in one year the coach is likely doing something that the kids don’t like or isn’t very well accepted. Especially when it starts to be kids that are getting playing time. For example GCA.

I’m not saying that’s the situation right now with the football team, but it’s certainly something that needs to be monitored.

Hard to say for sure but you wonder if the writing is on the wall internally regarding Dino's job status.
Dino is likely back and win one more game definitely back, so I don’t think that’s it.

It is very odd to announce this with two games to go in the season. You would think players would make this call once the season ended or a couple of games in.

I guess he just wants to get in line in the portal ahead of all the players that will enter once the season ends?

He was a good player. Really undisciplined but talented. I wish him good luck.

We are not getting good results with our Canadian kids. What a shame. There is a lot of talent up there.

why does the dislike symbol look like a woman's high heel from the 80s?

I might be remembering incorrectly, but I think he was one of the kids who's tackling was atrocious last Saturday. I wonder if this is the result of getting an ass chewing because Dino was NOT happy and made mention of Tuesday's practice and who's going to show up. So he portals the next day after Tuesday?

Not a good look for either side. Kid is basically a starter, Dino can't lose kids like this but on the other hand Arku has always been a loose cannon and as talented as he is couldn't claim the starting spot.

Too bad.

So when a ton of the girls basketball team transferred out that didn’t cause JW to start digging into why?

Come on, if you lose 15 kids in one year the coach is likely doing something that the kids don’t like or isn’t very well accepted. Especially when it starts to be kids that are getting playing time. For example GCA.

I’m not saying that’s the situation right now with the football team, but it’s certainly something that needs to be monitored.
The implication your making is really wrong on so many levels.

It is very odd to announce this with two games to go in the season. You would think players would make this call once the season ended or a couple of games in.

I guess he just wants to get in line in the portal ahead of all the players that will enter once the season ends?

He was a good player. Really undisciplined but talented. I wish him good luck.

We are not getting good results with our Canadian kids. What a shame. There is a lot of talent up there.
Bergeron is doing great. Have lost some Canadian players. Not sure if covid had any impact or just the portal. Feel labrose was a personal reason and not looking for a better fit.

alright, I’m here to have a discussion. Inform me
There is absolutely no evidence that There is something unethical in the football program. To imply without any evidence is something you should stay away from. If a player comes out and claims Dino was Wringing him by the face mask then that’s different.

Unfortunately I feel we may loose a lot more right after the season whether DB stays or goes. Our recruiting class has limited numbers. The only potential positive if we can go into the portal is that the player must sit out if they try to leave a second time so we may have less transfer try to leave. However ncaa will screw that up also.