Class of 2014 - LB Jonathan Thomas (GA) Offered | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 LB Jonathan Thomas (GA) Offered

It certainly was...

Jonathan Thomas#⃣9⃣ @jonny_suave1
S/o to all those colleges that gave up on me.. Ya boy was clutch on the SAT. #CuseNation baby... Don't sleep on me

TheFootballBrainiacs @TheFbBrainiacs
LB Jonathan Thomas (@jonny_suave1), one of our favorite recruits is now fully qualified! http://thefootballbrainiacs.com/?p=3390

They had a really good feeling he got the score this time around ... he has talked to numerous recruits going to other big programs letting them know they are missing out on a big time baller ... he is going to be a real good one for the Cuse.

After Thomas has 2-3 years in the S&C conditioning program he could be a legit 6-3 235lbs. With that size to go along with his speed he will be in the upper end of ACC LBers in terms of physical abilities. Hopefully being spurned by these other schools will give him a big enough chip on his shoulder where he will put in the work to develop into a future pro. Coach Lea definitely has all he needs in a prospect, can't wait to see his development.

This is HUGE. I was really worried if he didn't qualified there was a chance we might lose him if he prepped. This kid is going to be a stud.

That was my biggest worry as well, that some of the big boys were expecting a qualifying year, and hoping to bring him in next cycle.

This is HUGE. I was really worried if he didn't qualified there was a chance we might lose him if he prepped. This kid is going to be a stud.

There wasn't too much to worry about he buckled down after the season and made qualifying a priority.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootb...oaches_commitment_b.html#incart_flyout_sports

Thomas about Coach Lea...

"He started talking about my grades," Thomas recalled this weekend by phone in South Carolina, where he was playing in a soccer tournament. "He said you need to start busting your (butt) and trying. He's been on me ever since he started helping me out. He's very active. He cares about you more as a person than a player. He treats you like his own son."

As far as a prospect ... Thomas > Cabinda . That actually worked out in our favor.

Hopefully the efforts of our coaching staff, and the way they handled the situation, will pay dividends down the road in that area. Thomas HS coach has to have a new found respect for Shafer and his staff.

As far as a prospect ... Thomas > Cabinda . That actually worked out in our favor.

Hopefully the efforts of our coaching staff, and the way they handled the situation, will pay dividends down the road in that area. Thomas HS coach has to have a new found respect for Shafer and his staff.

CHHS Football ‏@CHHSEaglesFB 1h
We are proud of you @jonny_suave1 Jonathan Thomas! #represent #Eaglenation http://fb.me/2rrcplSSA

I for one don't care if a kid changes his mind or not, wish Cabinda well except against us, but we got a special kid in Thomas who for me will be my impact player on "D" from this class along with "Curtis" on Offense. Maybe its the orange colored glasses or something, or maybe we are just to close to all of this, but all I see is potential and impact in the next 2 years from this class with as many as 8 getting significant PT this season. This class is way better than the 50 or so ranking it got across the board IMO. Which tells me our future is bright if HCSS can keep his team together.

• '>
    ♦️Jonathan Thomas♦️ ‏@jonny_suave1 8h
    Did it! #mrcollinshill [ src="https://abs.twimg.com/emoji/v1/72x72/1f4aa.png">
    1f60e.png
    1f3c6.png
    pic.twitter.com/4NJYSoTHZ5

Kid could have a career in the bodybuilding field, but he better know that this is going to get brought out in the locker room and I think some of his teammates are going to have fun with it.

Kid could have a career in the bodybuilding field, but he better know that this is going to get brought out in the locker room and I think some of his teammates are going to have fun with it.

It's impressive to say the least. Dedication and a workout warrior. I'm excited about this kid.

Naw, I think he is all good. Got to be confident. Things like that never are used for good natured ribbing.

On paper we have a serious LB group. Going to be fun watching these guys mature.

This kid is going to be a PLAYER for us. One of the guys I'm most excited about for next season.

This kid has a legitimate chance to play on Sundays someday. Congrats to kid for getting eligible, hope he works just as hard in the classroom and weight room at Syracuse.

Guess from the picture CuseLegacy posted, we won't have to worry if Jonathan will work hard in the weight room Tom :)

ho.....lee......sh.....it!!!

Here you go Will...see what you can do with this...

Guess from the picture CuseLegacy posted, we won't have to worry if Jonathan will work hard in the weight room Tom :)

He is a soccer player and that is the way we soccer players roll... ;)

He is a soccer player and that is the way we soccer players roll... ;)
And to think this kid would almost certainly not be here if a young man didn't drop us for PSU. I have a great feeling about this young man and can't wait to see him flying all over the field, LT......no JT style! :)

It is hard not to imagine that this classes LB recruits that all 4 of these kids aren't starting together down the road, maybe in just 2 years! With Marcus gone, look for JT to break into the lineup, and wouldn't surprise me to see Zaire right behind him!

I will imagine Thomas and one of the other LB's either moskal or franklin will crack the 2 deep. I just dont think Perry and Batten will be able to hold them off. Perry needs S &C, Batten is still learning how to play in a 2 point stance, Kirkland and Arciniega are injury prone. I think Kirkland and Arciniega will be situational players. Okie, pass rushing DE, zone blitzing, goaline etc..

I will imagine Thomas and one of the other LB's either moskal or franklin will crack the 2 deep. I just dont think Perry and Batten will be able to hold them off. Perry needs S &C, Batten is still learning how to play in a 2 point stance, Kirkland and Arciniega are injury prone. I think Kirkland and Arciniega will be situational players. Okie, pass rushing DE, zone blitzing, goaline etc..
Sounds like we have depth to me, which is a nice problem to have!