Class of 2014 - LB Jonathan Thomas (GA) Offered | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 LB Jonathan Thomas (GA) Offered

He looks like he has put on some weight since the season. Definitely looks bigger then his listed weight of 210 last season. Only a good thing in terms of early PT

Anyone missing Cabinda now? DUI charge along with 4 other violations. Maybe the Football Gods are shinning down on us for a change! Look for first year Coach Franklin to come down hard on him, maybe even cut him of the team. I would think they could revoke his schooly as well? Regardless, an uphill battle we don't have to deal with. JT coming through for us academically now this with one that shunned our program, got to be a positive!

Anyone missing Cabinda now? DUI charge along with 4 other violations. Maybe the Football Gods are shinning down on us for a change! Look for first year Coach Franklin to come down hard on him, maybe even cut him of the team. I would think they could revoke his schooly as well? Regardless, an uphill battle we don't have to deal with. JT coming through for us academically now this with one that shunned our program, got to be a positive!

You're hoping that an 18 year old kid who screwed up gets his scholarship revoked?

You're a little too happy about this, IMO.

He looks like he has put on some weight since the season. Definitely looks bigger then his listed weight of 210 last season. Only a good thing in terms of early PT

I'm not sure about this. Football is more about being in shape than putting on weight. There's something to be said for having weight and not getting thrown around by the lineman blocking you and the RBs trying to run you over. However, it's also about being in shape for your body and being able to run around for 60 minutes. Sometimes kids get too caught up in weight lifting, and not maintaining flexibility and other strengths. IE If you bench press all the time, it may difficult to do push ups. Your chest bulks up and you can max a lot on the bench press, but you can only do 10 push ups, that's not necessarily good.

It's important to be able to jump, run fast, change directions have flexible hips to be able to turn. Hope it's good weight he's put on (not all gun show muscle)

I hope he's going about it smart. I would have gone about my football training much differently in retrospect.

You're hoping that an 18 year old kid who screwed up gets his scholarship revoked?

I'm only happy for once we don't have to deal with it. As for the kid who is 18, as my son is currently, there are consequences for your actions, hard way to learn about life, but that is reality. I may have never been as impressed with this young man as many of you were on the site, but that doesn't mean I wish him ill will either. And, who said I was hoping? Where did you read into that? 18 and drinking and driving is a huge problem, not a mistake. Maybe 20 years ago it was a mistake, but that world has changed.

One more short point, put yourself in Franklin's shoes, Major University coming off the scandal of the century in sports, and this is your first issue you have to deal with, tell me what you would do?

One more short point, put yourself in Franklin's shoes, Major University coming off the scandal of the century in sports, and this is your first issue you have to deal with, tell me what you would do?

I wouldn't have taken the job.

Now I feel dirty. :eek:

A 17 or 18 year old kid made a huge mistake. I am sure Franklin has a solid relationship with him and know what type of kid he is. I highly doubt he will be kicked off the team, nor should he.

What do you think Shafer would do if Zaire Franklin(for examples purpose only) got a dui?

You do what every other program does you suspend him and get him back on the correct path. Then he will grow as a person and help the program out down the road.

You do what every other program does you suspend him and get him back on the correct path. Then he will grow as a person and help the program out down the road.

You mean like how ND suspended Michael Floyd? :rolleyes:

A 17 or 18 year old kid made a huge mistake. I am sure Franklin has a solid relationship with him and know what type of kid he is. I highly doubt he will be kicked off the team, nor should he.

What do you think Shafer would do if Zaire Franklin(for examples purpose only) got a dui?
I hear you and agree. Do wish the kid gets a chance, if he earns it.

Bnwy0XtCcAAfphf.jpg:large

Love the kids from Georgia, happy to take their "scraps"...