Class of 2014 - LB Jonathan Thomas (GA) Offered | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 LB Jonathan Thomas (GA) Offered

OU all ready have 3 higher rated olb's committed I think all are top 50 rated

Pretty sure they have only 2, or 2 they recruited as LBer. They plan on taking 3 or 4. I was Bond who had a great visit last week and OU is considered favorite going into his Nebraska official next weekend and their other target is Thomas

Or at least that's what I gathered from snooping around the OU board

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1

Pretty sure they have only 2, or 2 they recruited as LBer. They plan on taking 3 or 4. I was Bond who had a great visit last week and OU is considered favorite going into his Nebraska official next weekend and their other target is Thomas

Or at least that's what I gathered from snooping around the OU board

-
I COUNTED 3 OLB'S AT S@OUT

rankings a 39, 43, 45

could be waiting on grades to improve. I hope we keep on him because he looks like a stud.

could be waiting on grades to improve. I hope we keep on him because he looks like a stud.
It doesn't really matter because as soon as OU says jump, he will say how high.

It seems insane to me that with the news that oklahoma pushed back his official that the coaches aren't rushing to get him on campus asap. They have a window to make a big impression on him and they are waiting until Jan.

He would have committed to OU on his visit but if he doesn't visit there I think there's a very good chance we land him as we are his last visit.

@Austinbrooks14: @jonny_suave1 you decide where you're going yet?
@jonny_suave1: @Austinbrooks14 not yet.. I'm waiting to see what else happens

I didn't realize A.J. was an early enrollee. Niiiiicccceeee

Oh and Thomas coming for a multiway visit? Double Niiiiicccceeee

that was AJ tweeting he was going up this weekend. Thomas will be here for the first time on his official Jan 31st. Nice getting last impression, but you would think he would have his mind made up if he is declaring on NSD? Maybe we already know something?

Thomas will be here for the first time on his official Jan 31st. Nice getting last impression, but you would think he would have his mind made up if he is declaring on NSD? Maybe we already know something?

Are you saying his mind will be made up before his visit here?

Personally, I think he's going to sign with the biggest name brand school that offers him and he's probably not even qualified.

Are you saying his mind will be made up before his visit here?

Personally, I think he's going to sign with the biggest name brand school that offers him and he's probably not even qualified.
Hopefully he qualifies right after Oklahoma fills their class.

After looking at the OU board it looks like they will be extremely tough to beat. Sounds like they had him hold off just to make sure his grades are in order. OU doesn't take risk on non qualifiers so you know if they go after him his grades are straight. He's pretty hyped about OU facing Bama.

I'm starting to get a bit concerned this year is like the Marrone recruiting years where we are in it for a lot of great players right up until the end but can't cross over and get signatures.

Of the best possible players that we have a chance with

Ward: Still a Purdue Commit
Thomas: As referenced above OU lean?
Sykes: ND?
Slayton: ?
Williams: Will wait on Wake hire
Ishmael: Looks positive, but who knows, lot of traction on his twitter account to play at big time schools
Enoicy: Lot of big boys in the hunt

We're totally out for Holley and I'm probably missing a few. That's not to say this class doesn't have great players, KJ, AJ, Alin, etc., but some of these game changers that would really invigorate us hopeless fans are gonna be hard sells. I can vividly remember the last few Februarys waiting as the class came in and thinking maybe we will see a new name pop up, to no avail. Hate to be a downer, but I've heard this song before. Maybe with GMAC its different? Any thoughts?

We are going to get Hudson. I think the staff feels pretty good about Ward. Nobody but the staff knows about Slayton since he doesn't really talk to reporters. Even if we don't get Ishmael, Cooper, KJ and Custis will upgrade the position. No ledge jumping necessary yet.

We are going to get Hudson. I think the staff feels pretty good about Ward. Nobody but the staff knows about Slayton since he doesn't really talk to reporters. Even if we don't get Ishmael, Cooper, KJ and Custis will upgrade the position. No ledge jumping necessary yet.

Ward is supposedly down to Purdue, SU and USF - and I really don't see Syracuse losing out on him to a 1 win Purdue team or a 2 win USF team. Have to like our chances there.

Ishmael has been recruited by McDonald FOREVER and it sounds like him and his mother have about as solid a relationship with a recruiting coach that you can. Not to mention him and Edouard are pretty good friends and have talked about playing together even before he was committed to Syracuse. Have to like our chances there too.

Hudson sounds like a done deal for the most part - I'd be floored if we lost out on him to Rutgers or Iowa St. We play in Florida every year and I think that's a big deal to him. I'd also be pretty surprised if we lost out on Jaboree Williams. I love the fact he's an early enrollee too.

Part of the fun in recruiting is not knowing what's going to happen and finding out about last minute surprises. I think Slayton is one of those kids that could commit to us tomorrow, on signing day, or not at all - just not much info out there on him. Sykes will be a tough battle but we have a shot.

Then there's the slew of other Florida cb's, we probably end up with 2 or 3 total in addition to what we already have but who really knows which ones at this point outside of Hudson. And you have Enoicy floating out there as well who is scheduled to visit us right before signing day.

A lot to be excited about and it will be a fun ride.