Class of 2014 - LB Jonathan Thomas (GA) Offered | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 LB Jonathan Thomas (GA) Offered

Ward is supposedly down to Purdue, SU and USF - and I really don't see Syracuse losing out on him to a 1 win Purdue team or a 2 win USF team. Have to like our chances there.

Ishmael has been recruited by McDonald FOREVER and it sounds like him and his mother have about as solid a relationship with a recruiting coach that you can. Not to mention him and Edouard are pretty good friends and have talked about playing together even before he was committed to Syracuse. Have to like our chances there too.

Hudson sounds like a done deal for the most part - I'd be floored if we lost out on him to Rutgers or Iowa St. We play in Florida every year and I think that's a big deal to him. I'd also be pretty surprised if we lost out on Jaboree Williams. I love the fact he's an early enrollee too.

Part of the fun in recruiting is not knowing what's going to happen and finding out about last minute surprises. I think Slayton is one of those kids that could commit to us tomorrow, on signing day, or not at all - just not much info out there on him. Sykes will be a tough battle but we have a shot.

Then there's the slew of other Florida cb's, we probably end up with 2 or 3 total in addition to what we already have but who really knows which ones at this point outside of Hudson. And you have Enoicy floating out there as well who is scheduled to visit us right before signing day.

A lot to be excited about and it will be a fun ride.

Nice synopsis. Maybe I'm just jaded cause a lot of these names have been around forever and we haven't closed yet. Love to steal a kid from OU or ND too at some point. I think that would really be a big coup!

I'm starting to get a bit concerned this year is like the Marrone recruiting years where we are in it for a lot of great players right up until the end but can't cross over and get signatures.

Of the best possible players that we have a chance with

Ward: Still a Purdue Commit
Thomas: As referenced above OU lean?
Sykes: ND?
Slayton: ?
Williams: Will wait on Wake hire
Ishmael: Looks positive, but who knows, lot of traction on his twitter account to play at big time schools
Enoicy: Lot of big boys in the hunt

We're totally out for Holley and I'm probably missing a few. That's not to say this class doesn't have great players, KJ, AJ, Alin, etc., but some of these game changers that would really invigorate us hopeless fans are gonna be hard sells. I can vividly remember the last few Februarys waiting as the class came in and thinking maybe we will see a new name pop up, to no avail. Hate to be a downer, but I've heard this song before. Maybe with GMAC its different? Any thoughts?

Even if we miss out on some of our top options I feel like this year we still have solid back up plans.

These are the following uncommitted guys I feel we are the favorite to land at the current time

Steve Ishmael WR
Denzel Ward OT
Zeek Rodney DT
Chris Slayton DE
Jaboree Williams MLB
Cordell Hudson CB
Demetrius Johnson (Back up plan) OLB

There's 7 kids right there who we are in great position with. Leaves only 2-4 spots. Guys like Tommy Mister, any 1 of (Tindall/Lawerence/Dowels) could easily finish our class. We just have to hope we can pull a recruiting coup by getting either Sykes or Thomas. Outside of Ishmael, Sykes is probably their top target right now. That could go a long way with a kid.

I'm starting to get a bit concerned this year is like the Marrone recruiting years where we are in it for a lot of great players right up until the end but can't cross over and get signatures.

Of the best possible players that we have a chance with

Ward: Still a Purdue Commit
Thomas: As referenced above OU lean?
Sykes: ND?
Slayton: ?
Williams: Will wait on Wake hire
Ishmael: Looks positive, but who knows, lot of traction on his twitter account to play at big time schools
Enoicy: Lot of big boys in the hunt

We're totally out for Holley and I'm probably missing a few. That's not to say this class doesn't have great players, KJ, AJ, Alin, etc., but some of these game changers that would really invigorate us hopeless fans are gonna be hard sells. I can vividly remember the last few Februarys waiting as the class came in and thinking maybe we will see a new name pop up, to no avail. Hate to be a downer, but I've heard this song before. Maybe with GMAC its different? Any thoughts?
:(

Even if we miss out on some of our top options I feel like this year we still have solid back up plans.

These are the following uncommitted guys I feel we are the favorite to land at the current time

Steve Ishmael WR
Denzel Ward OT
Zeek Rodney DT
Chris Slayton DE
Jaboree Williams MLB
Cordell Hudson CB

There's 7 kids right there who we are in great position with. Leaves only 2-4 spots. Guys like Tommy Mister, any 1 of (Tindall/Lawerence/Dowels) could easily finish our class. We just have to hope we can pull a recruiting coup by getting either Sykes or Thomas. Outside of Ishmael, Sykes is probably their top target right now. That could go a long way with a kid.

Ward and Williams are committed though right?

Ward and Williams are committed though right?

They are but are looking around. Wake Forest's coaching change and Purdue's futility this year spurred that.

Steve Ishmael WR
Denzel Ward OT
Zeek Rodney DT
Chris Slayton DE
Jaboree Williams MLB
Cordell Hudson CB

Just curious, what makes you think we are the favorite to land Zeek. I haven't seen much info pop up on him recently.

Ward is supposedly down to Purdue, SU and USF - and I really don't see Syracuse losing out on him to a 1 win Purdue team or a 2 win USF team. Have to like our chances there.

Ishmael has been recruited by McDonald FOREVER and it sounds like him and his mother have about as solid a relationship with a recruiting coach that you can. Not to mention him and Edouard are pretty good friends and have talked about playing together even before he was committed to Syracuse. Have to like our chances there too.

Hudson sounds like a done deal for the most part - I'd be floored if we lost out on him to Rutgers or Iowa St. We play in Florida every year and I think that's a big deal to him. I'd also be pretty surprised if we lost out on Jaboree Williams. I love the fact he's an early enrollee too.

Part of the fun in recruiting is not knowing what's going to happen and finding out about last minute surprises. I think Slayton is one of those kids that could commit to us tomorrow, on signing day, or not at all - just not much info out there on him. Sykes will be a tough battle but we have a shot.

Then there's the slew of other Florida cb's, we probably end up with 2 or 3 total in addition to what we already have but who really knows which ones at this point outside of Hudson. And you have Enoicy floating out there as well who is scheduled to visit us right before signing day.

A lot to be excited about and it will be a fun ride.
Enoicy has been recruited by George for over 2 years, so he has a relationship with him. Maybe not this year, but if you look at all the recruits pictures with Scott, I think he will be a great closer as Head Coach, it seems the kids pick up on his family, and intensity themes.

Enoicy has been recruited by George for over 2 years, so he has a relationship with him. Maybe not this year, but if you look at all the recruits pictures with Scott, I think he will be a great closer as Head Coach, it seems the kids pick up on his family, and intensity themes.
Wasn't Shafer already a good closer when he was DC? I always thought he was one of the better recruiters on Marrone's staff.

The frustrating thing to me is seeing other recruits over the past year cancelling visits here after a good visit elsewhere, while our visitors still are making their visits to other places

Just curious, what makes you think we are the favorite to land Zeek. I haven't seen much info pop up on him recently.

I believe it's just us and Marshall right now

The frustrating thing to me is seeing other recruits over the past year cancelling visits here after a good visit elsewhere, while our visitors still are making their visits to other places

It does suck but that's what happens when you upgrade the talent you're involved with.

Last edited:
LOL I am too old for twitter I have no clue who said what exactly lol

CL...translation please ;-)

FWIW:

AJ was asking Thomas what was up with all his tweets about Oklahoma. Thomas then put up a grinning face. Then AJ asked him what he was trying to say. By the response from Thomas and AJ it could be that Thomas is just playing around about OK and doesn't have any real interest.

We'll see. It's twitter.

Man AJ is such an assist when it comes to recruiting. He's like a hawk watching over all of our recruits and potential targets.

best part if he is even going after defensive guys

1. Quentin Jones ‏@Q_Jones11 2h
  2. All star game at 2pm at peachtree ridge hs today come support!!!
  1. Lorri Cown ‏@McClowny 53m
    @Q_Jones11 @jonny_suave1 Come out and show these Boys From the Hill how much you appreciate their endless hours of hard work.

GwinnettGGR ‏@GwinnettGGR 11h
Gwinnett County High School All-Star Game tomorrow at Peachtree Ridge!!! Kickoff is at 2pm!

Last edited:
http://thefootballbrainiacs.com/jonathan-thomas-note-2
From an article 12/23/1013

"Just a week ago if you asked me, or him for that matter, I would have told you he was OU’s to lose. But in speaking to him last night you can tell that Syracuse has made a real impression on him and his family. Coach Kish did visit him about a week ago but Syracuse has already sent multiple coaches down to Georgia to visit JT and his family. And he let me know straight up that Syracuse’s more aggressive recruiting style and their openness about how much they want him and want him to qualify has made an impression lately.
Bottom line here is if JT does qualify it looks like it’s going to come down to OU and Syracuse and while it seemed like a foregone conclusion that he’d end up at OU in that scenario, he admitted the decision is going to be tougher than he once thought. JT is a great great kid…a class act…and you can tell there is a sense of loyalty there to Syracuse and that’s going to be a bit of a hurdle for OU to overcome. Definitely not insurmountable but a little tougher than I would have thought just last week."

I love this kid and Ishmael.

Commit to Syracuse. Return our program to it's former glory.