Class of 2017 - LB Keirston Johnson (FL) Committed to USF | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 LB Keirston Johnson (FL) Committed to USF

Strange turn of events. Looked like his family had a great time. Maybe the distance sunk in?

tumblr_mtc9h1NI1h1qex0dmo3_r1_500.gif

Strange turn of events. Looked like his family had a great time. Maybe the distance sunk in?

Definitely strange, but given the subsequent commitments at LB, I don't worry about this at all.

Opens up another scholarship, and those are at a premium. We can use it to add a player at a position of need greater than LB.

Not sour grapes about Johnson, who looks like a fine prospect--but with Fagan and the kid from Ohio, this class is set at LB.

Stinks. This is one talented cat. Bummer. Wonder which SEC team called him?
Yeah it must be a good offer coming. He seemed solid after his visit

All good...the young man made the trip...seemed to like it and had change of heart...maybe due to distance, family, new offer or other...better now than right before signing day...seems like nice enough young man...wish him well and moving on...I think the staff will optimize the open scholarly just fine...

Anyone think it was mutual?

I don't think anyone knows. Lots of possible reasons.
Family decided it was too far from home...not all kids want to be far from home and family.
Maybe other interest and offers on the way.
Academics. He was suppose to enroll early but now has to take Spanish in the Spring. NCAA requirements have changed regarding what courses have to be completed in a specific time frame.
:noidea:

That's why sometimes you don't get to over excited about someone who has committed to a school without ever visiting. I believe this has happened to us before.

That's why sometimes you don't get to over excited about someone who has committed to a school without ever visiting. I believe this has happened to us before.
He visited with his entire family two weeks ago.

I know that, however he committed prior to that without even visiting.
Right and reconfirmed he commitment after the visit. His family all had cuse gear on. I'm actually impressed how well this board has taken this decommittment.

Right and reconfirmed he commitment after the visit. His family all had cuse gear on. I'm actually impressed how well this board has taken this decommittment.

his 5.1 forty time helps to lessen the blow to.

Him reconfirming doesnt mean he didnt like what he saw or the coaches didnt like what they saw. Coming fresh off his visit, might have not been ready to tell people his thoughts. Giving a verbal prior to visiting could have been premature. I have no intel. Just my thoughts

Him reconfirming doesnt mean he didnt like what he saw or the coaches didnt like what they saw. Coming fresh off his visit, might have not been ready to tell people his thoughts. Giving a verbal prior to visiting could have been premature. I have no intel. Just my thoughts

dammit, I came in here just because I thought you might have some intel, lol.

Ya know , dealing with these recruits if you are a college coach is way worse than dating in your 40's, like myself. You court a girl, take her out to dinner, romance, spend time and $$$. It all feels and looks good, she is all in;)then you get a texf a week later that she wants to explore other options. Translation: she has other guys (schools) in mind that might have better resources. While i love college fb, i see why some coaches are just cut out to be pro guys. These, kids are worse than single girls in the northeast;)

Ya know , dealing with these recruits if you are a college coach is way worse than dating in your 40's, like myself. You court a girl, take her out to dinner, romance, spend time and $$$. It all feels and looks good, she is all in;)then you get a texf a week later that she wants to explore other options. Translation: she has other guys (schools) in mind that might have better resources. While i love college fb, i see why some coaches are just cut out to be pro guys. These, kids are worse than single girls in the northeast;)
Seems to me that you might need to improve your facilities and change to a more desirable style of play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom