LBs next year | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

LBs next year

Are you talking safeties, corners are all defensive backs? The 2 corners, imo, played pretty well most of the year.; for 1st time starters. If the kids improve year over year they should be just fine.

Talking what we have at the corners (Bradshaw, Fredrick, Dowels), Foster at safety, Williams at safety, Jones at CB/S. Cordy is the star of the bunch. The question is whether the others provide the talent pool we need?

Don't have any way to judge Coley, Melifunwu, or Stritzenger (if he makes the switch to DB).
Again, it depends on what you and others mean by "just fine". I am raising the bar a bit -- comparing to other DB units in the ACC, and what it takes to win enough to get to a bowl. Our secondary needs to be faster, able to make more plays on the ball, an interception or two, please.

I'd use the LB's as their skill set allows until they get acclimated to the speed of the game. Cullen may be a heck of a 3rd down kid to increase the pass rush and it would be nice to have some LB's that can cover in space.

Would like to see what Trotter, Morton and Walton have to offer.

Walton redshirted last year and got zero run this year. I don’t think he even played on specials.

Would like to see what Trotter, Morton and Walton have to offer.

Walton redshirted last year and got zero run this year. I don’t think he even played on specials.

Loved Walton when he signed. Wasnt he messed with and tried at DE with our lack of depth there? Thus, is he how messed up and between positions ? He had great lb size.

I think we will add 1 juco lb and Guthrie and Richards will start. I think Armstrong will be a 2 whit will be a 2 maybe 1 with the juco backing him up. Others will move to de. I am hoping they can get Shy as a third down pressure guy but not sure it will happen.

Do we know this for sure? He's been hurt two seasons straight, and we don't really know if he fits into the Ward system.

I would have to agree everyone is all for getting rid of the small, slow corners well... I get it Cordy is small and plays his butt off and hits but does he really good enough to overcome his shortcomings?

Do we know this for sure? He's been hurt two seasons straight, and we don't really know if he fits into the Ward system.

What we know - watched Cordy play in 2015; know he was Ward's starter in both 2016 and 2017, know how Babers has talked about him. Also saw the other DBs in comparison. Eyes don't lie. He is the best we have, unless someone like Melifonwu (who we haven't seen at all) is an instant starter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom