Leaving Las Vegas ... with a W | Syracusefan.com

Leaving Las Vegas ... with a W

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
2024HelmetsMain1.jpg

VERY happy we pulled through in this one. Was looking bleak for awhile and wasn’t expecting to pull it off. Some truly critical penalties both ways late that impacted the game, luckily the last one was for us. Props to the guys, especially Allen. Some awesome runs through contact to keep it going/win.

ST is a train wreck. That can’t be lost in this just because we won.

Have to admit, didn’t think we were pulling that out. Realistically we should have won by 14 points. A win is a win though and it was a gutsy last 3 minutes. Really ballsy performance by McCord after throwing that pick.

Two blocked punts, an interception at the opponent's 5 yard line, and still we won. Very pleased with the result. If our defense and special teams can just play average, I think we can beat NC State on the road. This SU team is going to score points.

How good is UNLV actually? Put 52 up to crush a.a pretty decent Fresno team ( Fresno was down 6 at Michigan week 1 in the 4q before Michigan pulled away to win by 3 scores).

Seems this backup QB runs things as well if not better than Sluka. Anyways with all the issues we have this seems like a really good win on the road vs a legit good team.

VERY happy we pulled through in this one. Was looking bleak for awhile and wasn’t expecting to pull it off. Some truly critical penalties both ways late that impacted the game, luckily the last one was for us. Props to the guys, especially Allen. Some awesome runs through contact to keep it going/win.

ST is a train wreck. That can’t be lost in this just because we won.
I’m not big on firing people on the tarmac, but they should fire the ST coach on the tarmac.

How good is UNLV actually? Put 52 up to crush a.a pretty decent Fresno team ( Fresno was down 6 at Michigan week 1 in the 4q before Michigan pulled away to win by 3 scores).

Seems this backup QB runs things as well if not better than Sluka. Anyways with all the issues we have this seems like a really good win on the road vs a legit good team.
Bro. They are a top 25 team on the road.

Irregardless of how shitty the special teams was, I'd like to see more routes in the intermediate range than that dink and dunk swing pass sheet...I'd love for them to throw a couple of deep balls out of play action in the ace formation with McCord under center...The second half we should have been throwing Pena on some crossers over the middle...The swing pass for -2 yards needs to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom