Leaving Las Vegas ... with a W | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Leaving Las Vegas ... with a W

Anybody ambitious enough to go on the UNLV board and see what they are saying about the roughing the passer call?

It was a good trip! Got the W, hit the over, and managed to grab one of those tailgate towels someone forgot. I drove out later so wasn’t able to attend that. Great time! What a game, thanks to our Not So Special teams for making it a game lol.

I thought UNLV taking a knee to run out the clock was incredibly arrogant.
They were so certain they could win in overtime that it wasn’t worth even trying.
Things like that often bite you in the butt- thank god.

fran said after the game that the blocked punt happened because 2 of our players never blocked their man. He said they forgot the details of what they were supposed to do.

regardless, this team can still have a really special season if we improve special teams (maybe some blockers need to be replaced!), get back Marlowe Wax and hopefully Yazeed.
I actually thought it was done out of fear.

they have a new/unproven guy at QB, and while he was playing well, has never faced that situation before. With the clock a factor on his mind, what if he tries to squeeze a ball in there and Cinco comes away with a pick six everyone is screaming why not play for OT?

if Fran did that with McCord I’d have been furious. but with a guy in his second FBS start, and first with any late game pressure? I’m not sure what I’d have done. I’d probably have tried a tunnel screen to White and seen if that popped something for us. But assuming not a kneel was my next playcall

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom