Leaving Las Vegas ... with a W | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Leaving Las Vegas ... with a W

Anybody ambitious enough to go on the UNLV board and see what they are saying about the roughing the passer call?

It was a good trip! Got the W, hit the over, and managed to grab one of those tailgate towels someone forgot. I drove out later so wasn’t able to attend that. Great time! What a game, thanks to our Not So Special teams for making it a game lol.

I thought UNLV taking a knee to run out the clock was incredibly arrogant.
They were so certain they could win in overtime that it wasn’t worth even trying.
Things like that often bite you in the butt- thank god.

fran said after the game that the blocked punt happened because 2 of our players never blocked their man. He said they forgot the details of what they were supposed to do.

regardless, this team can still have a really special season if we improve special teams (maybe some blockers need to be replaced!), get back Marlowe Wax and hopefully Yazeed.
I actually thought it was done out of fear.

they have a new/unproven guy at QB, and while he was playing well, has never faced that situation before. With the clock a factor on his mind, what if he tries to squeeze a ball in there and Cinco comes away with a pick six everyone is screaming why not play for OT?

if Fran did that with McCord I’d have been furious. but with a guy in his second FBS start, and first with any late game pressure? I’m not sure what I’d have done. I’d probably have tried a tunnel screen to White and seen if that popped something for us. But assuming not a kneel was my next playcall

Did UNLV pay Syracuse for the home game?
It was reported as 300K. Believe that was in a Post Standard article a couple of days ago. Might have been the DO but I don’t think so.

Saw at least one report that they wanted a return home in Syracuse as part of the scheduling agreement but we told them no thank you. That would be exceptionally unusual and bizarre but in keeping with the way we have been scheduling games in recent years.

I hope that report is not true and this was game 1 of a home and home. You can’t give G5 teams a home game and get nothing back in return. That is unacceptable.

Anybody ambitious enough to go on the UNLV board and see what they are saying about the roughing the passer call?

"Neutral" fans on Reddit and Twitter are crying about it being a bad call saying UNLV was robbed. Heck em.

"Neutral" fans on Reddit and Twitter are crying about it being a bad call saying UNLV was robbed. Heck em.

McCord took a shot in the head/neck area so people can call it whatever they want but it
was a penalty.

My impression was the TV ref guy was a little surprised targeting didn’t stand because it was in the head and neck area.

Gear up for this type of game the rest of the year. This team has talent but not enough to where we are going into any game with a relaxed sit back and enjoy. The rollercoaster is here to stay.

The offense is solid at times. Getting OG back in the mix was huge, we miss Zeed Haynes badly (is he coming back?), Pena has been the MVP for this team (I know everyone says McCord), and Willis looks like he can be next.

LQA doesn’t have the jiggle or run away speed that we’ve seen in the past, but man is he tough as nails, a huge threat in the passing game and reliable as hell.

Defensively there are just too many issues to address for any coach. It sucks to admit but the dline lacks any pass rush or push on run plays to allow LBs to fill the gaps, LBs are slow and don’t anticipate to fill gaps, and our defensive backs are terrible angles and suck at tackling. And those are just the surface level issues.

The rollercoaster is here to stay. We are all Monday Morning QB while we sit back and watch what we believe is the best coaching moves. Enjoy the ride.

Gear up for this type of game the rest of the year. This team has talent but not enough to where we are going into any game with a relaxed sit back and enjoy. The rollercoaster is here to stay.

The offense is solid at times. Getting OG back in the mix was huge, we miss Zeed Haynes badly (is he coming back?), Pena has been the MVP for this team (I know everyone says McCord), and Willis looks like he can be next.

LQA doesn’t have the jiggle or run away speed that we’ve seen in the past, but man is he tough as nails, a huge threat in the passing game and reliable as hell.

Defensively there are just too many issues to address for any coach. It sucks to admit but the dline lacks any pass rush or push on run plays to allow LBs to fill the gaps, LBs are slow and don’t anticipate to fill gaps, and our defensive backs are terrible angles and suck at tackling. And those are just the surface level issues.

The rollercoaster is here to stay. We are all Monday Morning QB while we sit back and watch what we believe is the best coaching moves. Enjoy the ride.

Yep we can win or lose every game remaining on the schedule. Going to be a few more decided by who has the ball last imo.

McCord took a shot in the head/neck area so people can call it whatever they want but it
was a penalty.

My impression was the TV ref guy was a little surprised targeting didn’t stand because it was in the head and neck area.
When you leap and lean in on the purpose of diving for the head and neck…. It should be an ejection. They did it several times….. unlv got lucky with most of them as well as the blocking in the back and holding calls that never took place.

1728135821490.jpeg

I actually thought it was done out of fear.

they have a new/unproven guy at QB, and while he was playing well, has never faced that situation before. With the clock a factor on his mind, what if he tries to squeeze a ball in there and Cinco comes away with a pick six everyone is screaming why not play for OT?

if Fran did that with McCord I’d have been furious. but with a guy in his second FBS start, and first with any late game pressure? I’m not sure what I’d have done. I’d probably have tried a tunnel screen to White and seen if that popped something for us. But assuming not a kneel was my next playcall
The UNLV QB, transferred to UNLV, been with team since Jan., played 41 games at Campbell leaving as the programs career leader in passing yards and TDs. Narrowly lost the QB competition to the guy who left. He was not exactly a kid new to college football

The UNLV QB, transferred to UNLV, been with team since Jan., played 41 games at Campbell leaving as the programs career leader in passing yards and TDs. Narrowly lost the QB competition to the guy who left. He was not exactly a kid new to college football
I would give him a some NIL money for next year

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom