Lebron James is a coward | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Lebron James is a coward

That's kinda why as much as I love Shump, I',m not 100% sold on him. (though I think he's going to turn into an all league defender) If you run with a back court of Lin and Shump, there's basically no shooting on the floor.

From when Melo came over in 2011 to the end of the year, I think we were like #1 in the league in offensive efficiency. Seems like that was a LONG time ago. It really buys how someone with Amare's size and athleticism can't do solid work on the boards.

I think Miami was leading by 2 at the time of the call. And Rondo probably splits the foul shots. But yeah, I don't know how you miss that one. Then again, I've seen a ton of stuff missed in this series.

How about that Wade blocked shot last night? My God.
We need to make personnel changes but cant. If we win the arbitration on June 13th we will have some room. I like Odom as an offseason signing. Last year was a mess but he was great 2 yrs ago. He is the ideal 4 for this team with Melo at the 3 and Chandler at the 5. Odom is a 7 footers who can shoot and space the floor for Melo to operate. Honestly, if it were up to me and we won the arbitration I would sign Odom, resign Lin/Novak with Bird Rights and get a backup pg like Jonny Flynn. Id start Lin/Shump/Melo/Odom/Chandler and run a second unit of Flynn/JR?/Novak/Amare. That wont happen, at least not Amare to the bench, but its my pipedream.

Im really worried that NJ gets desperate and trades D-Will to Miami for Wade, then Howard follows Wade to Brooklyn and Miami gets better with a team that make more sense.

Odom still isn't a great outside shooter though. I loved his game before last year, though he pretty clearly just didn't give a crap so I assume he would be better than that next year. For the minimum (which I don't know if that is realistic or not) then sure.

Do you think they have any chance at the arbitration? I was getting the sense no, but that would totally change things up. Would open up a lot more room for us to operate. Then you definitely take a run at Nash, though I don't know if he would be interested. But you gotta offer him the full MLE then, right?

Im really worried that NJ gets desperate and trades D-Will to Miami for Wade, then Howard follows Wade to Brooklyn and Miami gets better with a team that make more sense.

That would blow. Miami maybe gets worse on a pure player standpoint, but maybe a better fit. Then the Nets are a contender right away.

Odom still isn't a great outside shooter though. I loved his game before last year, though he pretty clearly just didn't give a crap so I assume he would be better than that next year. For the minimum (which I don't know if that is realistic or not) then sure.

Do you think they have any chance at the arbitration? I was getting the sense no, but that would totally change things up. Would open up a lot more room for us to operate. Then you definitely take a run at Nash, though I don't know if he would be interested. But you gotta offer him the full MLE then, right?

That would blow. Miami maybe gets worse on a pure player standpoint, but maybe a better fit. Then the Nets are a contender right away.
There was an article in the paper down here that said Stern supports the Knicks stance of getting early Bird Rights so hopefully that bodes well. If teams implode correctly, the Knicks are right there in the East with Boston getting older (I think lol), D-Rose's injury and possible Miami departures if they should lose. On paper I believe we are right there with Miami/Boston/Chicago even without any changes to them or us but we have to stop being injured all season and figure out how to play together. Lin and Shump should get better and maybe Melo/Amare/Chandler figure it out...if they do, we are really good.

There was an article in the paper down here that said Stern supports the Knicks stance of getting early Bird Rights so hopefully that bodes well.

Where did you read that? Because I saw a link on Zagsblog, but the headline seemed really misleading; I think the body of the story said Stern said he thought the league would win, but headline said he thought the Knicks would win. It was very confusing, I still might have it wrong.

On paper I believe we are right there with Miami/Boston/Chicago even without any changes to them or us but we have to stop being injured all season and figure out how to play together.

Can't agree. Miami totally outclassed us. Yeah there were injuries to us, but you said as is we're right there. I can't see that. Chicago has had the best record in the league the last 2 years. Boston I refuse to try and evaluate. I think the Knicks goal should be to win the division next year and get a home series.

Where did you read that? Because I saw a link on Zagsblog, but the headline seemed really misleading; I think the body of the story said Stern said he thought the league would win, but headline said he thought the Knicks would win. It was very confusing, I still might have it wrong.

Can't agree. Miami totally outclassed us. Yeah there were injuries to us, but you said as is we're right there. I can't see that. Chicago has had the best record in the league the last 2 years. Boston I refuse to try and evaluate. I think the Knicks goal should be to win the division next year and get a home series.
I think it was the Daily News? My barber showed me it last week. Stern said he supported the Players Union representing Lin/Novak getting their early bird rights. I dont think we can evaluate against Miami. We played GREAT down the stretch but had no Lin, no Shump, Amare missed a game and was injured anyway and Chandler by all reports shouldnt have even played game 1 and 2. Meanwhile Baron was hurt playing pg, then got hurt even worse. We were just a mess. Given a normal year with no major injuries, I do think were there. As you know im not as high on Chicago as you are.

I think it was the Daily News? My barber showed me it last week. Stern said he supported the Players Union representing Lin/Novak getting their early bird rights. I dont think we can evaluate against Miami. We played GREAT down the stretch but had no Lin, no Shump, Amare missed a game and was injured anyway and Chandler by all reports shouldnt have even played game 1 and 2. Meanwhile Baron was hurt playing pg, then got hurt even worse. We were just a mess. Given a normal year with no major injuries, I do think were there. As you know im not as high on Chicago as you are.

Yeah, on the Bulls. I assume you are saying we could beat them in a series? I'd call you crazy if you said we would end next season with a better record than them if Rose was healthy all year. (He won't be, so it's a moot point, but I think you follow me).

Yeah, on the Bulls. I assume you are saying we could beat them in a series? I'd call you crazy if you said we would end next season with a better record than them if Rose was healthy all year. (He won't be, so it's a moot point, but I think you follow me).
Maybe not a better record but I think Chicago is a bunch of regular season warriors. Good
team/great bench, built for the long haul and that translates to a dominating regular season. Full year under Woodson with Shump (hopefully healthy) and Chandler and our defense should be nasty. If we can figure out the offense, which only comes with repitition, of which weve had none, then I think we can take Chicago in a series, especially when some people in the know unfortunately dont know if Rose will ever be the same...Boozer and Rip Hamilton are getting old.

Problem with the Bulls is that Coach Thibs plays every regular season game like its game 7. He's burning out D Rose like the Dodgers burned out Ramon Martinez back in the day. Need to get that boy on a pitch count :)

Maybe not a better record but I think Chicago is a bunch of regular season warriors. Good
team/great bench, built for the long haul and that translates to a dominating regular season.

I figured that is what you m eant. They did make the East finals last year, but I definitely think there is something to that. I would've picked Miami over them, for instance.

And yeah, Rose makes them a wild card anyway.

I figured that is what you m eant. They did make the East finals last year, but I definitely think there is something to that. I would've picked Miami over them, for instance.

And yeah, Rose makes them a wild card anyway.

One school of thought: Derrick Rose is the guy who score 40 and his teammates will tank and he won't call anyone out or get in anyone's face (LeBron). Kobe will score 40 and kill his teammates...as did Jordan...and they won.

The counter argument to that: Tim Duncan is emotionless and has never called anyone out (that I can recall) and has won a lot.

I don't know which is better, but I know it matters in some way.

44cuse

He's going to shut me up real quick at this rate...he's going buckwil' right now.

Lebron's been carrying Miami the entire run so far...the role players overall haven't helped much (Oh hi Shane)

Lebron's been carrying Miami the entire run so far...the role players overall haven't helped much (Oh hi Shane)
This is insane. He's single-handed killing every run.

41 and 10. THROUGH 3!

As long as it doesn't get to 5 under 2 mins to play...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I'm going to base my entire judgement of his performance on what he does in the last minute.

LOL J/K :)

epic performance by king james. and yes, CLUTCH! but its all for naught if him and the heat lay an egg in game 7.

When he is making this many jumpers you may as well pack it in. I'm going to assume he won't make this many in Game 7.

This series has answered one burning question of mine: Whatever happened to that Auburn guy who torched Syracuse in the sweet 16?

His rebounding tonight has been every bit as good as his scoring. Dude is owning the defensive boards.

This series has answered one burning question of mine: Whatever happened to that Auburn guy who torched Syracuse in the sweet 16?

hes carved out a nice little career for himself. he was good on dallas early in his career.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom