Lebron James is a coward | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Lebron James is a coward

Maybe Lebron can go back to flopping like a little *&^%$ in the first half so Miami can do what they do best and front run.

Maybe Lebron can go back to flopping like a little *&^%$ in the first half so Miami can do what they do best and front run.

They really need to clean up the flopping. Start fining people or something.

If Miami doesn't win the title this year, I wonder if they consider breaking up the team. Bosh isn't the best fit for them.

I'm interested as to why you think Bosh isn't a good fit for them. They were two wins from a title last year and are in great position to make another run at it this year pending the severity of his injury.

samspann what built in hater excuse will you be using this year

"hater"? didn't know that people still used that term.

I won't be making excuses for the way that the season ends for Lebron's team. I won't be surprised if it's the same , different season for the Chosen One (still can't type that without giggling).

Miami fans and LeBron supporters that are too dense to understand why people don't like their team/him crack me up.

I'm interested as to why you think Bosh isn't a good fit for them. They were two wins from a title last year and are in great position to make another run at it this year pending the severity of his injury.
Yea, I think they might be better off keeping one of Wade or Lebron with Bosh, then getting some better role players. If they win it, then disregard my comments but so far it seems too many stars just get in each others way. Miami Big 3, 2 players playing the same role. Knicks with their frontline and Melo/STAT playing the same type of offensive game.

Don't get me wrong; he's a very good player and with him they will be one of the best teams in the league.

But Bosh is a scoring big man; he's not a great defender or a great rebounder. He's always going to be the third option on that team, so it is kind of putting a limit on what they can get out of him. I think they would probably be better off with a 4 man who can do more of the dirty work and doesn't derive as much of his value from scoring.

Yea, I think they might be better off keeping one of Wade or Lebron and Bosh, then getting some better role players. If they win it, then disregard my comments but so far it seems too many stars just get in each others way. Miami Big 3, 2 players playing the same role. Knicks with their frontline and Melo/STAT playing the same type of offensive game.

Just seems like on some level, you run into the law of diminishing returns. Bosh in Toronto was the kind of guy who could be the focal point of the offense and be very efficient, but that's just not going to happen in Miami. You are paying him first banana money to be a third banana. You mention the Knicks; for instance, if Miami could trade Bosh for Chandler (which the Knicks would never do, just saying) I think they'd be a better team. Chandler doesn't need the ball, he will take care of the dirty work and protect the rim. (It's not the best comp, because Chandler is a better player period IMO). There are players, or groups of players, who may not be as good as Bosh in a vacuum but would fit better for Miami. IMO at least.

Don't get me wrong; he's a very good player and with him they will be one of the best teams in the league.

But Bosh is a scoring big man; he's not a great defender or a great rebounder. He's always going to be the third option on that team, so it is kind of putting a limit on what they can get out of him. I think they would probably be better off with a 4 man who can do more of the dirty work and doesn't derive as much of his value from scoring.

You mean like an Anderson Varejao?

You mean like an Anderson Varejao?

Bingo, like if could could trade Bosh for Varejao and a wing player, that probably makes Miami better.

And the irony of Miami getting some of the cleveland supporting cast players would be awesome.

Probably one of the worst pro sports cities in the U.S.

No probably needed. Was listening to some of the game on Sunday on their radio station, th ey still had seats available for the game last night!

LeChoke. LeBrick. LeFlop. Chosen One. King James. Not one, not two, not three.... This is why people dont like him. Lebron jock huggers need to relax. He brought alot of this on himself. He's the best player in the game who plays like a clown in a close game down the stretch. When you "bring your talents to South Beach" all the while destroying your hometown team, you better back that up.

I didn't know they existed prior to the Summer of 2010.

Probably one of the worst pro sports cities in the U.S.
Most their fans are people who want to be like Birdman and Lil Wayne. Miami is worse than LA. My boy goes to games down there and says half the arena is on their phone all game doing blow in the bathroom.

LeChoke. LeBrick. LeFlop. Chosen One. King James. Not one, not two, not three.... This is why people dont like him. Lebron jock huggers need to relax. He brought alot of this on himself. He's the best player in the game who plays like a clown in a close game down the stretch. When you "bring your talents to South Beach" all the while destroying your hometown team, you better back that up.

I defend Lebron, but I have no problem with this stuff.

Miami fans and LeBron supporters that are too dense to understand why people don't like their team/him crack me up.

I'm able to separate his ability from his personality (he seems to be a douchebag). A lot of people can't seem to do that...based on the premise of this thread.

I suspect it's because on some level people still have a "Carmelo vs Lebron circa 2004" mindset.

I'm able to separate his ability from his personality (he seems to be a douchebag). A lot of people can't seem to do that...based on the premise of this thread.

I suspect it's because on some level people still have a "Carmelo vs Lebron circa 2004" mindset.
That's fair. He's a phenomenal talent and ridiculous athlete, no doubt about that. I just can't stand his personality or the hype built up around him. The only real part of that that is any debate at all is that Carmelo deserved to win ROY. After that, the debate was over.

When Mario Chalmers rose up to take the game-tying three last night, did anyone in the entire world think he was actually going to drain it?

No.

If Lebron takes it and misses...fine. It's basketball, you can't make every shot. Just have the damn guts to take it. It frustrates me to see a game end that way.

Chalmers is probably a better 3 point shooter than Lebron though. I know there is the MJ school of thought that the best guy should always take th e last shot, but if it's a 3 like that, that doesn't really bother me; the guy is a career 33% shooter from 3.

Of course then you run into the issue of Chalmers takes more open 3's than Lebron or Wade, and in a situation like that it's going to be harder to get a wide open 3 (though probably easier to get one for Chalmers then Lebron or Wade).

When you need a 3 I don't have a problem running a play for one of your 3 point shooters. The Knicks ran a play for Steve Novak (yes they actually ran a play for him at one point) to get him a 3 in that crazy game against the Bulls. Play worked, he got a great look, he just rimmed it out.

2 point game or less, Lebron needs the ball in his hands to make a play. When you need a 3 don't have a problem with that; though Chalmers didn't get a good shot. (Wasn't there someone in the corner, I thought maybe he was going to pass it to him; James Jones maybe/)

Chalmers is probably a better 3 point shooter than Lebron though. I know there is the MJ school of thought that the best guy should always take th e last shot, but if it's a 3 like that, that doesn't really bother me; the guy is a career 33% shooter from 3.

Of course then you run into the issue of Chalmers takes more open 3's than Lebron or Wade, and in a situation like that it's going to be harder to get a wide open 3 (though probably easier to get one for Chalmers then Lebron or Wade).

When you need a 3 I don't have a problem running a play for one of your 3 point shooters. The Knicks ran a play for Steve Novak (yes they actually ran a play for him at one point) to get him a 3 in that crazy game against the Bulls. Play worked, he got a great look, he just rimmed it out.

2 point game or less, Lebron needs the ball in his hands to make a play. When you need a 3 don't have a problem with that; though Chalmers didn't get a good shot. (Wasn't there someone in the corner, I thought maybe he was going to pass it to him; James Jones maybe/)

Novak shoots like 50% from three though, is Chalmers even at 40%?

Novak shoots like 50% from three though, is Chalmers even at 40%?

Yeah I understand what you're saying (Chalmers was like 39% this year); I'm not saying Chalmers is as good a shooter as Novak, he clearly isn't. But it's not like you have to have your best player shoot a 3 if he's not great from 3.

They really need to clean up the flopping. Start fining people or something.
The NBA needs to make these plays a point of emphasis next season. When a flop occurs after minimal contact, the officials should make no call and let play continue. In cases of a blatant flop after no contact occurs, the offender should be assessed a technical foul. Do this and you'll see flopping disappear from the game pretty quickly.

The NBA needs to make these plays a point of emphasis next season. When a flop occurs after minimal contact, the officials should make no call and let play continue. In cases of a blatant flop after no contact occurs, the offender should be assessed a technical foul. Do this and you'll see flopping disappear from the game pretty quickly.

I also think a lot of it may need to be done after games; I can see refs falling for flops in games, but if you go back on video and watch questionable plays you can see a lot more flops.

I also think a lot of it may need to be done after games; I can see refs falling for flops in games, but if you go back on video and watch questionable plays you can see a lot more flops.

I agree with that. And I recognize that officiating this sport is very difficult due to the size and athleticism of the players and the speed of the game. Over time though, I would think the officials would be better able to recognize flopping in real time and make more correct calls on the court.

LeBron is a great basketball player. He is not in the top 20 of great players because of his disappearance at big times. The greatest players of every sport come through in the clutch more often than not and they want to be the ones making the decisive play. LBJ hasn't shown a desire to be the one to win or lose a close game at the end.

This is not a knock on him or his abilities. He is a HOFer for sure, but if you had to pick 5 guys (maybe even 10) in the NBA right now who you want to take the last shot in a game for a win, you would be crazy to pick LBJ.

It's the same with A-Rod in baseball. 1st ballot HOFer, maybe most physically talented player ever, but NOT clutch.

Man, what is David Stern going to do if the Heat get knocked out?

Lebron has 9500 mentions per hour on the net. Closest player is Blake Griffin at 400 per hour. No one is going to be watching any hoops if Lebron goes out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom