Lebron Opts Out !! | Syracusefan.com

Lebron Opts Out !!

newmexicuse

All Conference
I wonder if he & Melo are planning to land in the same spot. LA ??????????

newmexicuse said:
I wonder if he & Melo are planning to land in the same spot. LA ??????????

I personally think he is opting out to take less and stay in Miami, if Bosh and Wade do. If either one of them opt in he gone.

Now Melo in Philly with Lebron, MCW, Noel, and say the end up with Wiggins, that could be fun to watch. Even if they don't trade the 3 and 10 for the 1 they're going to get 2 solid, ready players. I'm rooting for Melo and Lebron to Philly.

I personally think he is opting out to take less and stay in Miami, if Bosh and Wade do. If either one of them opt in he gone.

Now Melo in Philly with Lebron, MCW, Noel, and say the end up with Wiggins, that could be fun to watch. Even if they don't trade the 3 and 10 for the 1 they're going to get 2 solid, ready players. I'm rooting for Melo and Lebron to Philly.
3 & 10 for the 1? I had not considered that but if I'm Philly I make that deal. If I'm Cleveland I make that deal and pray Embiid is healthy. If they've got cap space for 'Bron or Melo more the better.

cuseincincy said:
3 & 10 for the 1? I had not considered that but if I'm Philly I make that deal. If I'm Cleveland I make that deal and pray Embiid is healthy. If they've got cap space for 'Bron or Melo more the better.

I've heard it, don't know how much I buy it. I think it works both ways and could be a pretty fair deal.

Sixer fan here. May need to go home and change underwear before afternoon meeting.

rhcuse said:
Sixer fan here. May need to go home and change underwear before afternoon meeting.

Tell you what, go from worst in the league to championship favorites the next season. That would be an impressive collection of talent.

Yeah I like the dream hypotheticals for Philly because they have tons of options but all the lineups I come up with don't really have a lot of 3 point shooting which is obviously super important.

My assumption is he already knows what the other 2 are gonna do.

skurey said:
Yeah I like the dream hypotheticals for Philly because they have tons of options but all the lineups I come up with don't really have a lot of 3 point shooting which is obviously super important.

Draft Douggie McBuckets at 10 and grab another free agent. :)

Bron is 90% staying in MIA. Too many factors work in MIA's favor. Riley, Arrison, trust, familiarity, great city, great program, no personal income tax, chance to cement his dynasty. All of those points lead to him staying barring Wade opting in to his 2 remaining years. Bosh has already come out and said he wants to stay and he will take less. Arrison needs to show Bron that he is willing to go into and stay in the repeater tax to keep the team competitive year in and year out. Cutting Mike Miller really rubbed Bron the wrong way and, as a Heat fan, I was really disapointed that went down. I'm not saying we win the finals with Miller, but the blowouts aren't as severe if he was here and maybe they win game 1 and the series goes differently.

I don't get why this is news. Most people expected this anyway. Lebron James, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Tiger Woods, Alex Rodriguez. You know what they all have in common? They are all ESPN **ores.

I don't get why this is news. Most people expected this anyway. Lebron James, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Tiger Woods, Alex Rodriguez. You know what they all have in common? They are all ESPN **ores.

You basically just named the greatest players in their respective sports. They aren't ESPN **ores, they are all great and ESPN uses their likeness to its advantage. And it isn't only ESPN. Bleacher Report, Fox, Yahoo, everywhere is showing this as a leading story. That's like saying the President of the United States is a CNN **ore.

You basically just named the greatest players in their respective sports. They aren't ESPN **ores, they are all great and ESPN uses their likeness to its advantage. And it isn't only ESPN. Bleacher Report, Fox, Yahoo, everywhere is showing this as a leading story. That's like saying the President of the United States is a CNN **ore.
Oh I agree they are great, but everyones acting like this is a surprise, when in fact it is not.

Oh I agree they are great, but everyones acting like this is a surprise, when in fact it is not.
Because most people, I'm guessing, hear free agent and see a recruiting free-for-all. They don't understand that what LeBron's done was totally expected, that he'll most likely stay put.

I've heard it, don't know how much I buy it. I think it works both ways and could be a pretty fair deal.
Why in the world would Philly make that deal. I just don't get the love for Wiggins. Great athlete, but didn't show me he was a special player. If I am Philly, I take Embiid @ 3 and let him sit a year. I then take McDermott or Stuaskas @ 10. I take one more year in the lottery and get another good pick next year, when I will also be getting Embiid, the only real franchise changing talent in the draft.

Capt. Tuttle said:
Why in the world would Philly make that deal. I just don't get the love for Wiggins. Great athlete, but didn't show me he was a special player. If I am Philly, I take Embiid @ 3 and let him sit a year. I then take McDermott or Stuaskas @ 10. I take one more year in the lottery and get another good pick next year, when I will also be getting Embiid, the only real franchise changing talent in the draft.

I don't disagree with your logic at all, I think Embiid and Noel up front would be awesome along with drafting McDermott. Philly tanked for a reason this year and that reason was Wiggins, I wouldn't put it past them to do a move like that for him. There about a 100 different scenarios that could happen with Philly and their picks including standing pat, I just think they'll be in play for Wiggins.

I would be stunned if he didn't go back to miami, although the clippers could be interesting to watch. If they could unload griffens contract, they can sign lebron, and paul is lebrons best friend.

Most likely, LeBron opted out and Bosh and maybe Wade will follow suit. They take paycuts and clear enough space to bring in a guy like Kyle Lowry.

If Bosh and Wade opt in, LeBron will leave. Until they opt in, this probably isn't big news. If they do opt in, then things get crazy. I don't think there's any situation where Melo and LeBron team up though. I think Melo will end up staying in New York when it's all said and done. If Wade and Bosh opt in, then LeBron chooses between Cleveland and Chicago. That's just my opinion though.

I think LeBron's best option would probably be Phoenix if he ends up leaving Miami, but I don't think he'll go for it. They're in an amazing position though. Most cap space in the league, a team entirely made up of young assets, 3 first round picks... they could turn that team into a contender in one offseason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom