Lebron= Pacers MVP tonight | Syracusefan.com

Lebron= Pacers MVP tonight

Pop he's got 22, I don't think you can call him overrated. He's not Carmelo good but he ain't overrated.

I was being sarcastic. But he's better than Carmelo.

What a drama queen.
That was not a good call though...hibbert jumps up straight but his arms go forward into the offensive players face...it's a foul on him but the refs don't call it...same thing happened against Melo numerous times

I would love, just love to see Indiana win Game 7 at Miami, somehow I don't think it will happen but Indiana has learned a lot of respect in this series. Hopefully they can resign West and maybe pick up another good free agent or two. Love their chemistry and Vogel is a good young coach.

I would love, just love to see Indiana win Game 7 at Miami, somehow I don't think it will happen but Indiana has learned a lot of respect in this series. Hopefully they can resign West and maybe pick up another good free agent or two. Love their chemistry and Vogel is a good young coach.

Why have they earned a lot of respect in this series? Weren't they really well respected before this series? It's not like they came out of nowhere. They were 49-32 with the #1 DRTG in the NBA. They're good. Really good.

44cuse

I was being sarcastic. But he's better than Carmelo.

You were noticeably silent when George slept walked through games 3 and 4.

Yeah, he probably is better than Carmelo...if you only pay attention to the games where hes awake and ignore his frequent NyQuil games. But it doesn't work like that. You take the good with the bad, and right now George is not a better player than Melo.

If he improves his focus, tightens up his handle a bit more, and learns to bring it every game, he'll be one of the best in the league.

He's mostly got broken down Wade and old man Allen on him, he should be going for 30+ every night. He defers way too much. What's funny is if he played more like Melo mentality wise on the offensive end, this series would be over already. Indiana as a whole can be a dumb team, even though they're very good.

Keep in mind Granger's injured too.

Can someone explain what the "restricted area" is meant to restrict?
Apparently it only applies to a player standing inside the circle. I guess if you're caught the just jump to avoid the block call.

You were noticeably silent when George slept walked through games 3 and 4.

Yeah, he probably is better than Carmelo...if you only pay attention to the games where hes awake and ignore his frequent NyQuil games. But it doesn't work like that. You take the good with the bad, and right now George is not a better player than Melo.

If he improves his focus, tightens up his handle a bit more, and learns to bring it every game, he'll be one of the best in the league.

He's mostly got broken down Wade and old man Allen on him, he should be going for 30+ every night. He defers way too much. What's funny is if he played more like Melo mentality wise on the offensive end, this series would be over already. Indiana as a whole can be a dumb team, even though they're very good.

I agree that Melo is better right now, and is far better offensively, but is it really better for Melo to score 20 while shooting 30% than it is for George to score 10 on 45% but he doesn't shoot much?

Can someone explain what the "restricted area" is meant to restrict?

The restricted area had no bearing on that play because the foul on LeBron was for leading with his knee/elbow. Just because Hibbert was in the restricted area doesn't mean LeBron can do whatever he wants to Hibbert.

I'm not saying the call was correct, but that's why they didn't care about the restricted area.

I agree that Melo is better right now, and is far better offensively, but is it really better for Melo to score 20 while shooting 30% than it is for George to score 10 on 45% but he doesn't shoot much?
Well, cherry pick your stats if you will, but Melo had a better shooting percentage and a Much higher average for the year than George. Stats in the playoffs were not as good, but what does a shooter do when his teammates are M.I.A. ?

Well, cherry pick your stats if you will, but Melo had a better shooting percentage and a Much higher average for the year than George. Stats in the playoffs were not as good, but what does a shooter do when his teammates are M.I.A. ?

Yeah I'm not talking about the regular season when he was great. And his supporting cast was bad. But so was Melo IMO. Just because he was noticeably bad doesn't make it better than someone like George who isn't noticed when he's bad. They've both had some horrible playoff games in their careers.

At the end of the day, I still believe Melo is better right now than PG, though I'd definitely take PG going forwards.

Do George's 10 also come with the usual 5-6 turnovers? If so, give me Melo's 20.

My point was, George should not be deferring whatsoever. With his first step, height, and athleticism, he can take Allen or Wade all day long. What he did last game, he should be doing every game.

Melo would never loaf around, deferring, and ignoring/not recognizing a mismatch when he's got one. That was my point.

Melo shot a better % than George did in the Indy-Knicks series. Funny how that works. The guy who shot better got killed for shooting bad, while the guy who actually did shoot bad had his shooting struggles completely ignored.

Do George's 10 also come with the usual 5-6 turnovers? If so, give me Melo's 20.

My point was, George should not be deferring whatsoever. With his first step, height, and athleticism, he can take Allen or Wade all day long. What he did last game, he should be doing every game.

Melo would never loaf around, deferring, and ignoring/not recognizing a mismatch when he's got one. That was my point.

Agreed, but at the same time, Indy is a different kind of offensive scheme. They prefer to spread it around and give West and Hibbert a lot of touches. I don't think they necessarily want George looking to take over all the time. But I agree that he hasn't taken advantage of that Ray Allen matchup the way he should. It's basically like Syracuse vs. Indiana. The offense usually wasnt giving the ball to MCW and Triche and getting out of the way, but it was such a huge mismatch that we changed our scheme to take advantage. It doesn't seem like Indy has done that in that regard. They continue to try to take advantage of the equally large mismatch they have with Hibbert/West down low against Bosh/Battier.

Agreed, but at the same time, Indy is a different kind of offensive scheme. They prefer to spread it around and give West and Hibbert a lot of touches. I don't think they necessarily want George looking to take over all the time. But I agree that he hasn't taken advantage of that Ray Allen matchup the way he should. It's basically like Syracuse vs. Indiana. The offense usually wasnt giving the ball to MCW and Triche and getting out of the way, but it was such a huge mismatch that we changed our scheme to take advantage. It doesn't seem like Indy has done that in that regard. They continue to try to take advantage of the equally large mismatch they have with Hibbert/West down low against Bosh/Battier.

They can still get West and Hibbert touches though, I'm not saying it should be a one man show. But he should not be going 3-10 or 4-10 or whatever he did in those couple games. He should be getting 15-20 shots, if he's got that matchup, with plenty of looks still available inside.

They can look really bad on offense at times. They were playing so tight in the 4th quarter yesterday when Miami was coming back. Actually, George finally put an end to it with a 3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom