Led lights at georgia | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Led lights at georgia

Yes, Ephesus is the company putting in the LED lights. I would hope they will use the Dome as a showcase for what their systems are capable of. As the only P5 school that plays in a domed stadium, we have an environment no other big time football school can touch. We can and should be able to showcase this technology, even for day games.

I am hoping we take it further and buy one of the image projection systems made by Quince imaging. They normally create a custom show for a customer and rent the equipment to make it happen but a few athletic facilities have bought a system ad produce their own stuff. I think SU should do this and build some classes on how to use the equipment. This is awesome technology and if John Wildwack is looking for something special that will convince people to abandon their Lazy Boy and make the Dome a place fans have to be at for SU athletic events, this is the way to do it; SU athletic contests would be ‘must see’ events with this technology in place. It would take guts and foresight but it would energize the fan base and be a game changer.

I know John is looking for a wow factor once the facility re-open post renovation.. This brings more wow than anything else we can do.

Please check it out John!

That looks insane. Must get in my book. Need to take lead instead of keeping up with joneses.

I actually read up on it, and while I can’t find how much UGA spent, the Atlanta Braves stadium was around $4 mil for installation, I think... however, there is a positive maintenance-cost/energy-savings component in the years following to help offset some of the initial investment.
The UGA athletics department is probably the richest in the country. They spend money on all kinds of crap. For example, if there is a thing that could be done to a track, they have done it. They get a lot of money from 'donations' which are like seat licenses, and the big thing is, Chancellors do not tax the dept. Not at UGA, so they get to keep it and spend it on whatever.

I actually read up on it, and while I can’t find how much UGA spent, the Atlanta Braves stadium was around $4 mil for installation, I think... however, there is a positive maintenance-cost/energy-savings component in the years following to help offset some of the initial investment.
I noticed that Gillette Stadium also switched to LED, they seem to do an intro show as well. I’ve been to a Braves game as well and what they do with just white lights is pretty cool.

Presumably there would be an SOW framing what Ephesus is installing, specs, etc. Gotta believe that SOW has functional requirements from someone(s)at Syracuse who have an idea of what they want lighting to be able to do. It will be really interesting to know how much of the capital budget was allocated for lighting.

That looks insane. Must get in my book. Need to take lead instead of keeping up with joneses.
Prudential Center (Devils) has had their system for a few years. Their intro with the projection system is very cool and really gets the crowd going. I wonder how it would look on the green field, though?

C47E5E41-ADC1-48D1-A643-BABAC50CB831.jpeg

Did anyone see that? The entire crowd was lit up red. I hope we do something similar in the dome. The same look but orange would be sweet.

Yep I had the exact same thought when I saw it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom