Ledo update | Syracusefan.com

Ledo update

Francis03

All American
Some peeps within his camp prefer him to end up at SU. He's still most likely to end up back at Providence but if SU decides to make a big push, things could become interesting. UK and UConn aren't really recruiting him hard at the moment. So it's mainly Providence and SU for the time being.

Francis...as always good heads-up. Do we want him...does he fit our game and needs?

I'm torn on this because of this kid's history and what others have said, yet he is a legit top 25 player in a class where we currently have no commits and seem to be waiting longer than we have in a long time. He's friends with MCW and could also help us land Nerlens Noel (don't forget that). I say we go for him.

interesting..thank you good sir

Some peeps within his camp prefer him to end up at SU. He's still most likely to end up back at Providence but if SU decides to make a big push, things could become interesting. UK and UConn aren't really recruiting him hard at the moment. So it's mainly Providence and SU for the time being.

Thanks Francis. That's what it sounded like from the story. It will be interesting to see what the staff does here. The amount of teams that have backed off tell me that this kid might not be the type of kid we want. But that's pure speculation. On the other hand, reports of his play describe a a good-sized, very talented scoring guard. Not sure what I'm rooting for here...

to get ledo i think su needs 1 or 2 of 3 guards of triche, waters, mcw to have a huge year and leave early. And if hes even considering cuse then he will prolly wait til spring to commit

Ledo = one and done. Would much rather have Cooney get extra minutes and develop into great player. Also, Cooney not a head case. Ledo & Waiters together is asking for trouble.

Its interesting the number of players we have chosen to go without lately... A lot of talent to give up... Chemistry does matter though

It's more than just chemstry. It's about being able to effectively coach the team and the ongoing reputation of the program.

Thanks for the update Francis. It seems like we are on the dark side of the moon for this recruiting season. Really apprecate any nuggets you provide for us.

I think the upside is much higher to Ledo then it is with Waiters. Ledo is well worth the risk IMO

Its interesting the number of players we have chosen to go without lately... A lot of talent to give up... Chemistry does matter though

I wouldn't be surprised if SU's low APR score has affected some of the recruiting decisions over the past few years. After 08-09, SU really had to be careful about recruiting players who would maintain good academic standing.

I've never met Ricardo Ledo so obviously the coaches know more about him than I do, but if I had to guess, a kid who's attended as many high schools as he has carries some academic risk.

If Ledo can play the 3, then we should jump on him. Bringing him in to play the 2 in a backcourt that will already have Triche, Waiters, Carter-Williams and Cooney is probably not a good fit. One-and-dones expect a lot of playing time and the ability to showcase their skills for the next level. Ledo will not get that opportunity on the 2012-2013 team. I don't see Ledo ending up here.

If Ledo can play the 3, then we should jump on him. Bringing him in to play the 2 in a backcourt that will already have Triche, Waiters, Carter-Williams and Cooney is probably not a good fit. One-and-dones expect a lot of playing time and the ability to showcase their skills for the next level. Ledo will not get that opportunity on the 2012-2013 team. I don't see Ledo ending up here.

...and if he wants to play the 3...good point...if not; passing is a good option

I get why people are arguing about chemistry, but Jim Boeheim has shown a willingness to bring in and manage these kinds of players who are talented but flighty or high-maintenance. That isn't going to change as long as he's around. If Ledo goes elsewhere, though, it'd probably be for the best.

Normally, I'm a proponent of gunning for the best talent you can bring in and let everything sort itself out, but I think the SF spot is a major need for the 2012 recruiting class. After Joseph graduates, it'll be Fair and nothing unless the team goes small, which is unlikely to be as successful as a more balanced lineup.

I get why people are arguing about chemistry, but Jim Boeheim has shown a willingness to bring in and manage these kinds of players who are talented but flighty or high-maintenance. That isn't going to change as long as he's around. If Ledo goes elsewhere, though, it'd probably be for the best.

Normally, I'm a proponent of gunning for the best talent you can bring in and let everything sort itself out, but I think the SF spot is a major need for the 2012 recruiting class. After Joseph graduates, it'll be Fair and nothing unless the team goes small, which is unlikely to be as successful as a more balanced lineup.

Finding the replacement for Joseph at the 3 is the biggest need for this team in recruiting. Fair or Southerland will be given the opportunity to show case their skills for that spot in 2012. Grant would probably be a good fit at the 3 position for us.

IF Ledo can play the 3 in the Syracuse system then he will be brought in if there is interest from his side. He will need to be willing to play the wing in the 2-3 zone. He will need to play off of the ball on offense. He will need to demonstrate the desire and ability to rebound. If Ledo wants to play a "point forward" that is not a good fit in JB's offensive system. The "point forward" fit is the reason we lost Tobias Harris to Tennessee....that and Bruce Pearl's special homestyle cookouts :)

He's a 6'6" SG and that's where he'll play at the next level. Would you play the 3 if you were in his shoes? I'm guessing he ends up at WV or Kentucky.

He's a 6'6" SG and that's where he'll play at the next level. Would you play the 3 if you were in his shoes? I'm guessing he ends up at WV or Kentucky.

He should worry more about performing at the college level and less about where he might play at the next level.....if I were a betting man I'd bet his next level is somewhere in the old Eastern Bloc.

He should worry more about performing at the college level and less about where he might play at the next level.....if I were a betting man I'd bet his next level is somewhere in the old Eastern Bloc.

No idea what he is worrying about. Just trying to put myself in his shoes and ask myself if I want to attend a school where I have to learn a new position or do I want to go where I can play a position I already know. Same as any other kid would be asking himself. You might be right about the Eastern Bloc comment, but on the other hand he's just a kid and could surprise people. One year behaving and showing off his skills, then to the NBA and the sweet life.

There is a “Yah but“ here -- the people controlling the situation are not kids and you can bet that they have their hands out.

Ledo's upside might be great, but that dude's downside riding the minibike in your avatar, Greg, is something else.

Ledo's upside might be great, but that dude's downside riding the minibike in your avatar, Greg, is something else.
lol the computer I am using won't let me use Melo cutting down the net avatar so fat guy on a bike was plan B. I should have thought about a better plan B now looking back.

GoodmanCBS Jeff Goodman

Ricky Ledo has committed to Providence, source told CBSSports.com. Have no clue if it's out there yet.

Probably for the best. Being close with Kris Dunn will likely temper his flakiness to a degree (assuming Ledo actually sticks to his commitment), but I think Syracuse is too deep in the backcourt to take him in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom