legit question | Syracusefan.com

legit question

T

tipphill

i seem to recall that loeb was considered a better run threat than ryan,how come he has never been used in situations?options? also i understand that he throws a good long ball. am i way off base here???

I never really saw him as that athletic but I could be wrong. How tall is he?

i had to look it up and su has him as 6'4"

Thanks tipp...I'd think the staff would put Kinder in there or Hunt if they wanted to have a run threat also it seems to me the staff doesn't like to have a two headed qb thing going as well.

i seem to recall that loeb was considered a better run threat than ryan,how come he has never been used in situations?options? also i understand that he throws a good long ball. am i way off base here???
Loeb can run, he is a good athlete. I am sure he is faster than Nassib and probably faster than Kinder as well. He could have been a fine TE. I believe Ole Miss was interested in recruiting him for that position.

My guess is we will see him in the starting spot next year. Obviously that depends on a lot of factors, mainly the freshmen and Hunts ability to develop, but Loeb seems like the safe choice, and my guess is we are looking at a lot of safe choices in the near future.

My guess is we will see him in the starting spot next year. Obviously that depends on a lot of factors, mainly the freshmen and Hunts ability to develop, but Loeb seems like the safe choice, and my guess is we are looking at a lot of safe choices in the near future.

I was under the impression he was a senior?

Loeb can run, he is a good athlete. I am sure he is faster than Nassib and probably faster than Kinder as well. He could have been a fine TE. I believe Ole Miss was interested in recruiting him for that position.

Plus he's accurate with his throws, not a lot of zip but he gets it there...is he faster than Kinder? Kinder is a skinny kid and I thought he had to have decent speed because I'm not impressed with his arm what so ever.

I hope you are wrong because if you are correct Doug is going to ride those "safe choices" right into a pink slip in about 14 month's time.

I hope you are wrong because if you are correct Doug is going to ride those "safe choices" right into a pink slip in about 14 month's time.

I'd venture a guess that the staff knows what Loeb can do and it's up to the other qb's to show what they can do to dislodge him from the starting spot.

Loeb could take his degree and walk. Marrone has never shown a propensity to go with youth over a veteran so just based on that alone Loeb will probably get the ball next year. I’m personally hoping Loeb does not return so Marrone’s hand can be forced at playing one of the young kids who has more program upside.

My preference at this time is to see Hunt take over.

Loeb could take his degree and walk. Marrone has never shown a propensity to go with youth over a veteran so just based on that alone Loeb will probably get the ball next year. I’m personally hoping Loeb does not return so Marrone’s hand can be forced at playing one of the young kids who has more program upside.

I wanted Philcox to take his degree so Coach Mac would have to play Scharr.

Turns out that Philcox kid was pretty good.

Scharr ... not so much.

I wanted Philcox to take his degree so Coach Mac would have to play Scharr.

Turns out that Philcox kid was pretty good.

Scharr ... not so much.

Are you saying you're not a very good judge of talent then? j/k

I'm pretty confident in thinking that loeb is no philcox. Philcox wouldn't b sitting behind nassib

i am not suggesting that loeb replace nassib, merely asking if in certain situations we use him. i believe in the past we used second team qb for situational play.i believe that hcdm needs to make something happen,not selling out his system but adding a tweek to it. i still think the team is pensive which is a reflection of doug.i agree with many posters who feel he over analyzes things ,thus removing any spontanaity(sp) of the players. good players need to play loose and do what they do best w/o way too much over thinking. it detracts from their performance.i believe that why jim b. is so successful---he guides the players not smother them

I hope I am wrong as well. In my opinion the time is t o get aggressive and take chances. I like DM but my fear is that he may operate in that "safe" fashion as a bridge year to get some experience under some guys. Tis is all based on what I have heard from some about the outlook on Kinder and Hunts developments

I hope I am wrong as well. In my opinion the time is t o get aggressive and take chances. I like DM but my fear is that he may operate in that "safe" fashion as a bridge year to get some experience under some guys. Tis is all based on what I have heard from some about the outlook on Kinder and Hunts developments

DM and safe don't belong in the same sentence!

i agree----marrone needs to back off the analysis and let players make plays w/o over thinking and making the players think twice. let them play and stop overcontrolling

You really think QB is the problem? Good lord the kid is 4th in passing and 7th in total offense in the country.

What is the matter with some of you people.

You really think QB is the problem? Good lord the kid is 4th in passing and 7th in total offense in the country.

What is the matter with some of you people.
good lord --no---just trying to think out of the box---which marrone needs to do--you have any suggestions???by the way the stats are meaningless---we are 1-3????take risk here,gosu, do you have any serious suggestions????other than critiquing other posters----like the title says LGIT QUESTION,READ THE OP

My preference would be Loeb to stick around next year and end up as a backup again because Hunt beats him out in preseason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom