Leon Lowery transferring to Wisconsin (again) | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Leon Lowery transferring to Wisconsin (again)

Specifically McCaffrey killed the bowl system. Once he sat out and got drafted high and excelled, the door was open. For the record I don't blame the players at all - wonder if future NIL deal will have a bowl participation bonus?

I do, but I have mixed feelings on it. they are definitely responsible for the demise of the bowl game relevancy.

As for your NIL thought, I was thinking the same thing yesterday. My guess is they won't be tied to bowl game participation because all it would take is one major NIL deal to exclude it in the contract and they all will.

Lowery should be a keep and I think he will be.
Agreed it would be nice if we can retain but it will be interesting to see how Nil will be targeted. There could be some reallocation if he thinks there is some pressing needs elsewhere. Though ideally there is enough to go around.

It’s not a loss, til he signs elsewhere.

Still could be saved, given we have the Nation’s #1 recruiter in the loud house now.

Let’s not forget both Wilson & Alford were in the portal briefly last year.
And then they weren’t.

He’s worth the effort and NIL to retain, and surely will be a top priority for Brown & crew, along with LeQuint & QGII.

(was gonna assume we’d keep Villari, given he’s already transferred 1x, but there’s supposedly the rumored “fired coach” exemption??
Anyway - we’d clearly want to keep him too.)
No doubt. Rutgers was a threat to flip him until signing day during his recruitment. Can’t remember if Fran was involved.

It's akin to Linton ... who didn't exactly kill it at Texas Tech (22 tackles, 3 sacks) after hearing about his NFL potential after he transferred to TT. All is not lost.
None of the transfers, Duce, Jahad, Linton, Geer, Lamson made much of an impact at their new schools. Jawar, Geoff Cantin-Aku (Memphis) and Lee Kponga (WVU), transfers from previous years, did. They are all having outstanding seasons.

Last edited:
With the exception of Wax and Clark (who are excellent players), transfers (edit - out) over the last 2 years have skimmed the cream off the top of our defense. Duce, Jahad, Linton, Geer and now Leon. Yes we've recovered, somewhat, in terms of 'stars', but not in terms of field performance. We give up proven guys and get development guys. It's a drain on resources and (at least defensively) clearly a net loss that needs to be mitigated under Brown's leadership.

Last edited:
None of the transfers, Duce, Jahad, Linton, Geer, Lamson made much of an impact at their new schools. Jawar, Geoff Cantin-Aku (Memphis) and Lee Kponga (WVU), transfers from previos years, did. They are all having outstanding seasons.

Geer, and Lamson have multiple years left to play. Is Linton done ?

He’s taking an official to Wisconsin today. Seems like this one might be gone. I’d assume he’s looking for a bag and he probably isn’t gonna get one here

He’s taking an official to Wisconsin today. Seems like this one might be gone. I’d assume he’s looking for a bag and he probably isn’t gonna get one here
Bingo

With the exception of Wax and Clark (who are excellent players), transfers over the last 2 years have skimmed the cream off the top of our defense. Duce, Jahad, Linton, Geer and now Leon. Yes we've recovered, somewhat, in terms of 'stars', but not in terms of field performance. We give up proven guys and get development guys. It's a drain on resources and (at least defensively) clearly a net loss that needs to be mitigated under Brown's leadership.
Wax is not a transfer. He came here in the same year with Tucker. They are friends from Maryland.

The portal does not open until next week, Wisconsin wont have a bag

No doubt. Rutgers was a threat to flip him until signing day during his recruitment. Can’t remember if Fran was involved.
No they weren't. I worked with his girlfriend's sister at the time and apparently his opinion of Schiano was pretty much what many on here's opinion of Schiano is. Regardless, once Coach Brown gets a chance to talk with him, we'll see if that makes any difference. Of course NIL is also in play here.

None of the transfers, Duce, Jahad, Linton, Geer, Lamson made much of an impact at their new schools. Jawar, Geoff Cantin-Aku (Memphis) and Lee Kponga (WVU), transfers from previous years, did. They are all having outstanding seasons.

Ironically, none of those were NIL transfers

Lee Kpogba dropped down due to grades and had reestablish hinself

He’s been awesome for WVU

The portal does not open until next week, Wisconsin wont have a bag
This is true for the general football population but if your coach leaves or is fired you may enter the portal immediately.

Wax is not a transfer. He came here in the same year with Tucker. They are friends from Maryland.
Exactly my point. I was posting that he's part of the cream of the defense that hasn't been poached (been skimmed off for $), along with Clark.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom