LeQuint Allen is Back | Page 59 | Syracusefan.com

LeQuint Allen is Back

I’m not going to any event at SU ever if they don’t make this right.

I got some 'buy ticket' emails yesterday from Syracuse. Seasons and Package deals. I hit reply to see what the return email address would say (figuring it would not be an email I could reply to), and to my surprise it was going back to the dome ticket office. I wrote a note that said I wouldn't be buying anymore tickets unless Allen's suspension was overturned.

Last edited:
For those fearing the AI rebellion, I am testing Google Bard and here is its take:

I think it is a complex situation and there are valid arguments on both sides. On the one hand, Allen was involved in a fight, which is a violation of the university's code of conduct. The university has a responsibility to protect its students from violence, and suspending Allen sends a message that fighting will not be tolerated. On the other hand, Allen claims that he was acting in self-defense. If that is the case, then he should not be punished for defending himself. Additionally, the other student involved in the fight was not suspended, which raises questions about the fairness of the university's disciplinary process.

Ultimately, I think it is up to the court to decide whether Allen's suspension was fair. However, I hope that the case will lead to a more thorough investigation of the incident and a more fair disciplinary process for all students.

Here are some additional thoughts on the situation:

• It is important to note that Allen was not charged with a crime. He was issued a ticket for misdemeanor assault, but the charge was later adjourned in contemplation of dismissal. This means that if he stays out of trouble for six months, the charge will be dismissed from his record.
  • The university's Student Judiciary Board is made up of students, faculty, and staff. The board is responsible for hearing cases involving student misconduct and imposing sanctions.
  • Allen's lawsuit alleges that the Student Judiciary Board did not follow its own procedures when it handled his case. The lawsuit also alleges that the board did not allow Allen to present evidence in his defense.
  • The temporary restraining order that has been issued prevents the university from enforcing Allen's suspension until a July 19 court hearing. At that hearing, the court will decide whether to lift the restraining order or allow the suspension to continue.
I think it is important for the court to carefully consider all of the evidence in this case before making a decision. The court should also consider the impact that the suspension will have on Allen's academic and athletic career.

Thank you. That is incredible. In essence anyone could lie and if the committee wanted to they could use lies to justify their decision.
Most of the time Syracuse University is in the news for something related to academia, I'm embarrassed. It's been a thousand years so it doesn't matter to my career or anything but i can't stand this nonsense. I bet a lot of schools are this way - selection bias. the kinds of people who stay in academia and are interested in making and enforcing these kinds of policies are different than people who go to college, leave, and produce value.

For those fearing the AI rebellion, I am testing Google Bard and here is its take:

I think it is a complex situation and there are valid arguments on both sides. On the one hand, Allen was involved in a fight, which is a violation of the university's code of conduct. The university has a responsibility to protect its students from violence, and suspending Allen sends a message that fighting will not be tolerated. On the other hand, Allen claims that he was acting in self-defense. If that is the case, then he should not be punished for defending himself. Additionally, the other student involved in the fight was not suspended, which raises questions about the fairness of the university's disciplinary process.

Ultimately, I think it is up to the court to decide whether Allen's suspension was fair. However, I hope that the case will lead to a more thorough investigation of the incident and a more fair disciplinary process for all students.

Here are some additional thoughts on the situation:

• It is important to note that Allen was not charged with a crime. He was issued a ticket for misdemeanor assault, but the charge was later adjourned in contemplation of dismissal. This means that if he stays out of trouble for six months, the charge will be dismissed from his record.
  • The university's Student Judiciary Board is made up of students, faculty, and staff. The board is responsible for hearing cases involving student misconduct and imposing sanctions.
  • Allen's lawsuit alleges that the Student Judiciary Board did not follow its own procedures when it handled his case. The lawsuit also alleges that the board did not allow Allen to present evidence in his defense.
  • The temporary restraining order that has been issued prevents the university from enforcing Allen's suspension until a July 19 court hearing. At that hearing, the court will decide whether to lift the restraining order or allow the suspension to continue.
I think it is important for the court to carefully consider all of the evidence in this case before making a decision. The court should also consider the impact that the suspension will have on Allen's academic and athletic career.
…..

And Bard’s thoughts on the justification for the Pitt home game being moved to Yankees Stadium?

;)

Hard to say it should have been handled by the football program. If it was a fraternity member, should they handle their disciplinary issues? What about a student who isn’t a member of any group? This is a student issue and the fact that he is a football player is irrelevant to the Judiciary Board. I hate the decision but people need to understand that point.
What you don't understand is students should never have the opportunity to sit in judgement of other students.
Only trained professionals should handle these type of situations.
That is why the process needs to completely changed.
Even professionals have problems staying
Completely on the facts.
But they usually have checks and balances to keep things right.

Cuse Football & fans..don’t give up on LeQuints appeal!​

IMG_4782.gif

A few short years ago I attended Freshman orientation with my oldest at the public university I attended. I was shocked at what the new students were told. Basically..."if you are accused, you are suspended. It is the students responsibility to not put themselves in a situation where they could be accused of anything. " They went so far as to tell them they need to "DOCUMENT" that another person consented to any type of intimacy. Told them a code was acceptable like "are you sure you wanna get a pizza?" And yes, "getting a pizza" took on many connotations for these knuckleheads the next 4 years.

I've said this since I was in high school 40 years ago. There is no group that is more discriminated against today, in this country, than the American student. Once they walk in the doors of the school or even onto to school property they have no rights. None. I am very thankful both of my children survived their time in the education system.
It’s an interesting circumstance when you consider it in light of customer service. Students are paying customers of the University but are rarely treated that way. Liability limitation is more important than common sense.

Here’s the docket. Files are linked

It’s a sad tale all around. Fact that complainant felt he needed to have a lawyer present is suspect. SPD report said the injuries weren‘t serious. And if he was curb stomped by 7-10 guys, how do assign all his injuries to Allen?

The facts not disputed are that he agreed he violated the code of conduct and hit the guy leading to one lost tooth. The other injuries are not proven who is responsible. Is a lost tooth is a severe injury worth of a two semester suspension? That’s the issue.

Possible solution. Accept the retro active suspension, he can walk on and get an NIL deal that happens to be enough to cover room and board.

Depends on how can you make up credits. Probably too much time has passed.

Last edited:
RB is hardly a liability to worry about. If that’s our liability then we’re in good shape.
Yeah having LA available is huge for us. But, it’s not like this is Shrader or Gadsden. I have confidence in beck being able to maximize our strengths if LA can’t play and providing a serviceable RB presence and lean more on Shrader (not ideal) for running.

Did I read correctly that Duce was on campus. got beat up at a party and then called LA for back up?

If LA just happened to be at party and a fight broke out is one thing but wouldn’t going to party with intent be looked at differently?

I haven’t read the entire thread so apologies if already covered

RB is hardly a liability to worry about. If that’s our liability then we’re in good shape.
I agree.. not worried in the least about the RBs unless who ever we end up using fumbles 3-4 times a game.

It’s an interesting circumstance when you consider it in light of customer service. Students are paying customers of the University but are rarely treated that way. Liability limitation is more important than common sense.
Technically education is an export; not as clear cut as a good or service… and then there is federal funding for poor students and crazy research. Private unis don’t want to bite that hand or rock the boat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom