LeQuint Allen is Back | Page 60 | Syracusefan.com

LeQuint Allen is Back

so a question.. if allen had gotten in the same fight in say FT Lauderdale on spring break would he have gotten into any trouble at all? I mean why did the school step in to check his conduct if the school police were not involved for something like this ? are they reviewing the police blotters looking for kids who may have done something wrong everywhere or just around syracuse? Had he gone to Cortland and got in the same fight is that too close?

If there is anyone in the Syracuse admin who reads this board

Friday afternoon before a holiday weekend would be the absolute perfect time to announce this thing has been reversed. You can get the benefit of doing the right thing, sleeping well over the weekend knowing you didn't capriciously destroy a young man's life, and get the benefit of having it basically forgotten about by the time people get back to the real world next Wednesday.

Strongly recommend you take advantage of this golden opportunity to do the right thing.

Here’s the docket. Files are linked

It’s a sad tale all around. Fact that complainant felt he needed to have a lawyer present is suspect. SPD report said the injuries weren‘t serious. And if he was curb stomped by 7-10 guys, how do assign all his injuries to Allen?

The facts not disputed are that he agreed he violated the code of conduct and hit the guy leading to one lost tooth. The other injuries are not proven who is responsible. Is a lost tooth is a severe injury worth of a two semester suspension? That’s the issue.

Possible solution. Accept the retro active suspension, he can walk on and get an NIL deal that happens to be enough to cover room and board.

Depends on how can you make up credits. Probably too much time has passed.
Memorandum of law.

Friday afternoon before a holiday weekend would be the absolute perfect time to announce this thing has been reversed. You can get the benefit of doing the right thing, sleeping well over the weekend knowing you didn't capriciously destroy a young man's life, and get the benefit of having it basically forgotten about by the time people get back to the real world next Wednesday.

Strongly recommend you take advantage of this golden opportunity to do the right thing.
Don't even have to read the board. Friday news dumps are a thing for a reason. They'd know this with Newhouse on campus.

so a question.. if allen had gotten in the same fight in say FT Lauderdale on spring break would he have gotten into any trouble at all? I mean why did the school step in to check his conduct if the school police were not involved for something like this ? are they reviewing the police blotters looking for kids who may have done something wrong everywhere or just around syracuse? Had he gone to Cortland and got in the same fight is that too close?
A violation of The Code of Student Conduct was filed by the other student.
Also, if I was a black male, I wouldn’t want to be arrested in Ft. Lauderdale for any reason!

A violation of The Code of Student Conduct was filed by the other student.
Also, if I was a black male, I wouldn’t want to be arrested in Ft. Lauderdale for any reason!
so in reality it wasn't what he did, it was who reported it and how. And that pts back to why wasnt the other kid given anything if he was a student? withhold is degree or something even if he graduated in Dec which no one really knows for sure.

Attacking it the only way it can be. Didn't follow procedures, shocking to sense of fairness. Good luck to LA.
I did miss the fact that mitigating circumstances may be considered (note it’s may, not must) in the policy. I didn’t read the whole policy and the staff was declaratory on that. My bad.

She did include that the sanctions were based in part on facts not established, that the injuries were severe , and if they were, they were caused by Allen. That is an essential element to being allowed to issue a suspension.

Most of the time Syracuse University is in the news for something related to academia, I'm embarrassed. It's been a thousand years so it doesn't matter to my career or anything but i can't stand this nonsense. I bet a lot of schools are this way - selection bias. the kinds of people who stay in academia and are interested in making and enforcing these kinds of policies are different than people who go to college, leave, and produce value.
True dat.

I did miss the fact that mitigating circumstances may be considered (note it’s may, not must) in the policy. I didn’t read the whole policy and the staff was declaratory on that. My bad.
When I read that I also thought, LOL, yeah right. Might as well not even include it in the policy.

When I read that I also thought, LOL, yeah right. Might as well not even include it in the policy.
But telling Allen that they can’t be considered is wrong, it’s misleading.

...and July 5th, NCAA announces investigation of Syracuse Football and administration over athlete preferential treatment allegations??

Here’s the docket. Files are linked

It’s a sad tale all around. Fact that complainant felt he needed to have a lawyer present is suspect. SPD report said the injuries weren‘t serious. And if he was curb stomped by 7-10 guys, how do assign all his injuries to Allen?

The facts not disputed are that he agreed he violated the code of conduct and hit the guy leading to one lost tooth. The other injuries are not proven who is responsible. Is a lost tooth is a severe injury worth of a two semester suspension? That’s the issue.

Possible solution. Accept the retro active suspension, he can walk on and get an NIL deal that happens to be enough to cover room and board.

Depends on how can you make up credits. Probably too much time has passed.

Doesn't his suspension forbid him from being on University property for 2 semesters?

Tough to be a walk-on when he can't be anywhere near Lally or the Dome.

SU is looking forward to a holiday weekend and people forgetting this. Do not let that happen people, keep the email campaign to SU admins going all weekend.
If the admin hasn’t already felt enough pressure from donors and the media to make some moves behind the curtain then I highly doubt a few extra days will make a difference.

...and July 5th, NCAA announces investigation of Syracuse Football and administration over athlete preferential treatment allegations??
We can agree to disagree on this. He's not restoring his status as a player, he is restoring his status as a student based on legitimate documented procedural issues. The athletic department can deal with his football playing status.

Doesn't his suspension forbid him from being on University property for 2 semesters?

Tough to be a walk-on when he can't be anywhere near Lally or the Dome.
Correct. He is suspended from access to SU facilities; Byrd Library to Manley. He's excommunicated until there's adjudication or he withdraws from SU.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom