LeQuint Allen is Back | Page 58 | Syracusefan.com

LeQuint Allen is Back

It’s also within their discretion to exclude witnesses and evidence
That is unbelievable. Actually what's hard to believe is that multiple administration have allowed this to continue.
Are these rules standard practice at most schools?

Question.
Are all students made aware of these rules when the agree to attend Syracuse? and if so how?

I haven't been able to follow everything in this thread, so apologies if this has been answered: would a judge allow discovery in a suit like this? Or is he/she just going to review the suit, review the university's response and then make a decision? I would assume that discovery would drag this thing out longer and also might persuade the university to reach a settlement rather than open themselves up to that. But I'm also assuming that discovery isn't an option here.
It can be allowed, it’s not a right of the petitioner . This is for the most part based on the motions filed. No oral arguments, not a hearing. Paper based.

The decision can be appealed.

I hope he was able to engage counsel that is great in this type of practice.

It can be allowed, it’s not a right of the petitioner . This is for the most part based on the motions filed. No oral arguments, not a hearing. Paper based.

The decision can be appealed.

I hope he was able to engage counsel that is great in this type of practice.

So I would assume that his attorneys are at least going to make that request?

Just so I understand... had LA not have admitted he punched the kid, would he likely be in the clear since the kid didn't testify? If so, that's so whacked.

I ran into a situation with the judicial board when I was at SU about 30 years ago (can't believe I just typed 30). While things eventually worked out in my favor, the process was such bs and caused a lot of angst and distraction from my education.

Last edited:
Just so I understand... had LA not have admitted he punched the kid, would he likely be in the clear since the kid didn't testify? If so, that's so whacked.

I ran into a situation with the judicial board when I was at SU about 30 years ago (can't believe I just typed 30). While things eventually worked out in my favor, the process was so such bs and caused a lot of angst and distraction from my education.

Not necessarily, since there was still the affidavit filed with the police department that I assume the judicial board had access to. And since they seem to allow hearsay and anything else to influence their decision, they could very well have just ruled that the affidavit was proof enough and banned him.

Question.
Are all students made aware of these rules when the agree to attend Syracuse? and if so how?
it’s part of the “contract” with the school. You get handed or pointed to the code at orientation or part of your admission package.

people knowingly pay money to be subject to this rule set.

it’s part of the “contract” with the school. You get handed or pointed to the code at orientation or part of your admission package.

Unreal.

I ran into a situation with the judicial board when I was at SU about 30 years ago (can't believe I just typed 30). While things eventually worked out in my favor, the process was so such bs and caused a lot of angst and distraction from my education.
Possibly. Don’t talk, don’t cooperate with the investigation, unless you have 100% rock solid exculpatory evidence. Lawyer up and be prepared to defend yourself if there is a hearing.

In this case there was absolutely no benefit in talking.

So I would assume that his attorneys are at least going to make that request?
If the claim is unfair application.

But that’s not the real issue. The issue is severe injury = expulsion. The issue is were the injuries severe and if they were , did Allen cause them?

Yes, most institutions (everyone I've worked-at or attended anyway) have a student handbook. When a student enrolls they are agreeing to all policies and procedures in that handbook.

A few short years ago I attended Freshman orientation with my oldest at the public university I attended. I was shocked at what the new students were told. Basically..."if you are accused, you are suspended. It is the students responsibility to not put themselves in a situation where they could be accused of anything. " They went so far as to tell them they need to "DOCUMENT" that another person consented to any type of intimacy. Told them a code was acceptable like "are you sure you wanna get a pizza?" And yes, "getting a pizza" took on many connotations for these knuckleheads the next 4 years.

I've said this since I was in high school 40 years ago. There is no group that is more discriminated against today, in this country, than the American student. Once they walk in the doors of the school or even onto to school property they have no rights. None. I am very thankful both of my children survived their time in the education system.

If someone wants some insight into how court case may shake out, there was a court case involving some racist video produced by a frat a few years back that led to suspensions or maybe expulsions if my memory is correct. That could give some insight into whether courts have grounds to interfere with a disciplinary process at a private college.

If someone wants some insight into how court case may shake out, there was a court case involving some racist video produced by a frat a few years back that led to suspensions or maybe expulsions if my memory is correct. That could give some insight into whether courts have grounds to interfere with a disciplinary process at a private college.
It’s well established they do, but it’s limited. I posted a link to that decision somewhere in this thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom