LeQuint Allen is Back | Page 74 | Syracusefan.com

LeQuint Allen is Back

I just sent the Chancellor an email.

I just addressed the suspension process, alumni concerns, and the need to review process.
I didn't mention LeQuint, but did suggest that all students that have been negatively impacted by the current process be allowed to continue their education until they can be re-reviewed by the new/updated process.

I'm sure it won't be read by him, but maybe there are people that are creating statistics for him related to this and other issues.
I don’t expect the process to change, except at the margins.

I also don’t know when these policies were crafted, but their primary usage now, I believe, is to prosecute sexual misconduct. It’s hard to get a criminal conviction in a he-said she-said scenario, so schools took a “don’t just stand there, do something” approach and swing the pendulum way to the other side. This was partly fueled by an Obama admin Title IX “guidance” that was used as justification for unjust processes.

It’s worse than simply the evidentiary standard. These processes often stack the deck against the accused. That’s not a bug, it’s a feature. They feel they need to do something, anything, so if some innocents get swept up, tough.

FIRE has been fighting these sham courts for years. Here’s the problem. There are True Believers who are going to go ballistic on you if you propose tightening these processes. I was debating this once with a practicing attorney, and he was ready to rip my head off. His exact words: due process for rapists?!

It may seem common sense that what we are seeing is nonsensical. I think we’ll see a very noisy response to any attempt to change the process.

Especially now that the wielders of this hammer have decided that speech and academic work look a lot like nails.

I don’t expect the process to change, except at the margins.

I also don’t know when these policies were crafted, but their primary usage now, I believe, is to prosecute sexual misconduct. It’s hard to get a criminal conviction in a he-said she-said scenario, so schools took a “don’t just stand there, do something” approach and swing the pendulum way to the other side. This was partly fueled by an Obama admin Title IX “guidance” that was used as justification for unjust processes.

It’s worse than simply the evidentiary standard. These processes often stack the deck against the accused. That’s not a bug, it’s a feature. They feel they need to do something, anything, so if some innocents get swept up, tough.

FIRE has been fighting these sham courts for years. Here’s the problem. There are True Believers who are going to go ballistic on you if you propose tightening these processes. I was debating this once with a practicing attorney, and he was ready to rip my head off. His exact words: due process for rapists?!

It may seem common sense that what we are seeing is nonsensical. I think we’ll see a very noisy response to any attempt to change the process.

Especially now that the wielders of this hammer have decided that speech and academic work look a lot like nails.
I would think that a sexual misconduct allegation could be handled and should be handled differently than a fight

I would think that a sexual misconduct allegation could be handled and should be handled differently than a fight
It is, there is a separate much more detailed process.

I assumed this thread would go in many different directions but “cars” was not one of them.

Speaking of - has anyone who sent an email and got anything but the canned response that they receive many emails? Assuming since as kcsu mentioned they just got a form letter back the answer is no. To that point a couple others who sent written letters have not gotten anything at all.

Speaking of - has anyone who sent an email and got anything but the canned response that they receive many emails? Assuming since as kcsu mentioned they just got a form letter back the answer is no. To that point a couple others who sent written letters have not gotten anything at all.
Not I.

Are folks using personal or work emails? I wonder if they are domain filtering.

crickets. Also, first time out of four that JW has not responded.
Didn’t you say it was just a form response the other times?

crickets. Also, first time out of four that JW has not responded.
Not surprised. This is a big, big problem that there are no answers for, other than a Hail Mary from a friend of SU Athletics in the court of law. We will see how it plays out, but I could see a worst-case scenario play out of many deciding to look elsewhere for employment. And thus setting SU football back yet again. Hope I am wrong. This season could be a really fun one. Maybe it’s a rallying cry.

Last edited:
Didn’t you say it was just a form response the other times?
I did. We have reached out to JW 4 times in total about issues.
On the LA situation both a letter and email. Nothing on letter form on email. As to Kent form on email.
Send one yourself and you'll see.

Yes. Absolutely we should. Because we will likely be happy with the outcome.

I doubt it, this is a very difficult case for lequint, and our ad and chancellor are scared of interjecting because of fear of preferable treatment for athletes. The fact that a student can’t defend himself against someone being violent is the most outrageous thing Ive heard in a long time. We have a bad admin. Plain and simple. Excepting John but his hands are tied.

I doubt it, this is a very difficult case for lequint, and our ad and chancellor are scared of interjecting because of fear of preferable treatment for athletes. The fact that a student can’t defend himself against someone being violent is the most outrageous thing Ive heard in a long time. We have a bad admin. Plain and simple. Excepting John but his hands are tied.
This is where a judge needs common sense

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom