LeQuint Allen is Back | Page 76 | Syracusefan.com

LeQuint Allen is Back

The other way the court can intervene would be if they find that SU didn't follow its own established procedures in the disciplinary hearing. That is also how courts get involved in terminations in businesses.
Tandem suits on both fronts. State court for this. File civil rights in Federal court, likely by the time that gets to adjudication this season would likely be over even if he does not win outright you could get a fait accompli.

Given that the staff went after another HB, there's a lack of confidence the ruling will be overturned. If that's indeed the case, I need to see Dino make a statement and not some cookie cutter by the letter crap.

Coaches don’t go out and sign a new JUCO RB and use up a schollie when we are tight on schollies if they don’t truly think this is going to go sideways
We are tight with 8 weeks to go until the season starts, they can take him as insurance, beyond a PWO it wouldn’t go anywhere else. They may not be feeling confident but they have no idea what the judge will rule.

Coaches don’t go out and sign a new JUCO RB and use up a schollie when we are tight on schollies if they don’t truly think this is going to go sideways
But it's July and we have scholarships available, so does it really hurt adding a little insurance policy?

If LeQuint comes back we just have a stronger RB room. I think people are reading into it too much. It's just a smart add.

Dino added another JUCO RB tonight so I assume he has heard that Allen’s suspension will remain in place no matter what Judge Antonacci rules.

Dino added another JUCO RB tonight so I assume he has heard that Allen’s suspension will remain in place no matter what Judge Antonacci rules.
That doesn’t make sense, if the judge overturns it, it’s overturned, all the school can do is appeal it

That doesn’t make sense, if the judge overturns it, it’s overturned, all the school can do is appeal it
I don’t believe thr judge can’t “overturn it.” He can find the University acted in an arbitrary and capricious manner and order the University to either follows its process with fidelity or issue a penalty that is not “shocking to the conscience.”

I don’t believe thr judge can’t “overturn it.” He can find the University acted in an arbitrary and capricious manner and order the University to either follows its process with fidelity or issue a penalty that is not “shocking to the conscience.”
Hmm, I wonder what that last part would mean

Eh nothing will come of this

Absolute shame by the university.
It appears this doesn’t look like a favorable outcome….

Just an absolute shame
So you spoke with Bob?

But it's July and we have scholarships available, so does it really hurt adding a little insurance policy?

If LeQuint comes back we just have a stronger RB room. I think people are reading into it too much. It's just a smart add.
We needed to beef up the RB room regardless of LA.
LA could portal out after a great year leaving us with not a single proven RB.
Now we have two Jucos who wont leave, have done exceptionally well at a level of competition much harder than any HS. Are mature adults with 22 23 year old strength. Why wouldn't we take this kid? He made all league at one of the best Jucos in the country. This is a great get.

I don’t get your explanation at all. Title IX regards equal opportunities for women athletes. Regarding sexual assault, collegiate women athletes aren’t the only victims. The much greater majority are coeds not participating in collegiate athletics. LeQuint didn’t go before an athletic judicial board but a process applicable to all students. I don’t understand how you are connecting Title IX to SU’s student judicial process or any college’s judicial process. How is Title IX germane to any college’s student judicial process?
Title IX did start as a law giving equal opportunity to female athletes. It was vastly broadened during President Obama's administration (and even before that). My university has an entire Title IX office to help adjudicate sexual assault and sexual harassment issues on campus. This is separate from the Title IX coordinator in athletics.

I, unfortunately, have had to work with them as a professor and an advisor of a young lady who came to me to reveal that another student had sexually assaulted her. I am a mandatory reporter and had to contact our Title IX office to start the process that allowed this young lady to work through the university to seek justice.

So can you explain how it applies in this case? Didn't somebody already say there's a different procedure for the sexual assault cases?
There is no different procedure between how judicial review boards handle sexual assault and assault cases.

If you re-read my initial post on this - I mention there is no distinction to a judicial review board between a sexual assault and an assault case. The accuser had much more leeway in proving their case than the accused. And the "proof" is often much more subjective than it would be in a court of law.

when does the judge hear the case/make a ruling?
SUs response is due on the 12th. The appearance date is the 19th . Not scheduled for oral arguments. That might be the point where he continues or lifts the stay on the suspension . He has 30 days to issue his decision from the 19th.

Allen’s motion mentioned seeking discovery, if granted that would extend the process, but to mean anything the stay needs to stay in place

Last edited:
I’m sorry if this has been explained in previous texts, but does a stay mean that LA is still a student of the university ?

I’m sorry if this has been explained in previous texts, but does a stay mean that LA is still a student of the university ?
I believe that's exactly what it means. His student status remains intact.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom