Let’s play something out….. | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Let’s play something out…..

Have you seen their record this year? They might be pulling the thing back down lol

Yes I know their record and yet they are still building. New coach has their donor base excited. Especially since he’s a Vandy/Nashville guy.

Syracuse announced a large gift a few years ago and haven’t even had a ground breaking ceremony yet….

Only because of the emotional attachment of Scott Frost as the prodigal son returned. If he was just some dude from southern cal he would be gone twice over.

Nebraska has the boosters with money
And even they likely forced him to renegotiate his contract to keep his job. I think it's fair considering Head coaches always want to renegotiate after a good year.

Not going to happen. Lateral moves like that are very rare.

Okay, fine. All the more reason to hold on to Babers another season and hope he pans out. There's no sure-fire fix out there.

Okay, fine. All the more reason to hold on to Babers another season and hope he pans out. There's no sure-fire fix out there.
Yep.

The team loses remaining games, finishes 5-7, and Wildhack announces that Dino will return next year, despite 5 losing seasons in 6 years. Meanwhile, programs within the ACC are replacing their HC’s due to records that are significantly better than the one HCDB currently has.

I am not advocating for his firing, but what is going to change between now and next fall? What is going to bring this fan base back after another 9 month offseason following a losing season? This administration has done a lousy job of keeping the fan base engaged with the program, I don’t see that changing. I also don’t see any change of any type happening which is the biggest shame. It just looks like Wildhack is content with where this program sits. One that averages 3-4 wins a year and near bottom of ACC annually in both power rankings and recruiting rankings.
i'll say this. why pay big bucks for a coach who can't keep his head above water. talking .500
you can find a loser for a whole lot less if that's what you're happy with. i want us to be ranked !

Honestly, I like Dino and would prefer he figure it out and receive another year. Also fearful that if he was let go, schools would be “contacting” players like Tucker, Jones, Williams etc. to transfer which would really bury this program.

But the in-game decisions and the inability to recruit at the same level as your peers is and will remain a hinderance to this program until they are fixed.
Don't forget Special teams

If you could tell me who is gonna be the guy who can recruit here then go for it.. If not then its gonna come down to some good luck on the field to get a good record here.

ESPN had a discussion on a show about the coaching vacanicies and who should go to these big open jobs. They decided its just shooting darts.. USC/Tex/Neb etc.. all failing over and over should tell you switching coaches doesnt always work.
I don’t think that’s a matter of “doesn’t always work.” I think it rarely works. Sometimes middle of the road schools strike gold. Almost always those coaches move on and up. Most coaches fail and get fired. The numbers seem to demonstrate that. Dino is already in the top 25% against all D1 for coaching longevity at SU. At six years.

Wildhack is busy trying to raise $150 million to develop some sorts of sports complex? at manley. He was giving my Raymour/Flanagan friend the pitch at Arad Evans the other night. Interestingly, Mike Paulus was also with them in his role with the AD
I’d rather Wildhack work on this then try to hire another coach this year. I’m not happy with the results but as others have said, we have seen improvement. I’d rather be known as the school that gives coaches time and has a reasonable fan base for when / if we need to hire the next guy. With all the insane turnover out there, one would think stability would be valued. We’ve had it in our other sports too.

I’m realistic and just want to compete for a bowl game most seasons, enjoy games and then Hopefully every third or fourth year if the stars align we win 8 or 9 games and are ranked. That to me is the best we can hope for and stability is going to be what gets us that. You need time to coach up guys.

I’m more concerned with the in game decisions and that we’ve lost our one perceived edge in offensive strategy but that’s another issue. Dino will be back next year and if the improvement doesn’t continue, it’s fair game.

Don't forget Special teams
This is a wacky one. How do you dole out credit? He hired Lustig who brought our special teams to the top of CFB. Or now, where it's fallen?

It would be different if it had been consistently bad...