Lets be honest this just isnt a good offensive team, period. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Lets be honest this just isnt a good offensive team, period.

I'm not buying the whole not a good offensive team. We were ranked 4th in kenpom offense after that first Duke game, we've just been playing bad since. We are missing our starting center and biggest body on the team (Coleman), our best defensive center is slow since his injury (Keita), Our best athlete can't stay on the floor (Grant).

That's 3 of our 4 big men. The only one not hurt is Rak. Not only is it tough for us to get baskets down low, our offensive and defensive rebounding take a big hit from this. Foul trouble is a real problem as well, and fatigue. We aren't getting EASY buckets anymore, and we don't box out opponents on rebounds, giving them easy buckets.

This is the best FT shooting team I can remember seeing at Cuse. We haven't been getting to the FT line at all in the past month.

This team is anemic on offense. The injuries have only made it more obvious.

Would you make that pass? I agree with you. BMK hurts us offensively. He's getting pushed around too much going for rebounds, and he sets up way too far under the basket on offensive boards. He gets a couple when we shoot airballs, but then he just gives the ball away anyway. Man he was awful yesterday.
Nope. That's the point though. The defense pays zero attention to Keita because they know any SU player with the ball won't either. It's sad to watch.

I've been grappling with this question of offense. I mean, we have the same team now (sans DC, who wasn't much of a contributor anyway) that scored 90+ against Baylor, came back from 18 down and scored 78 against Nova and that scored 90+ against Duke.
The same team, in the same season.
I cling to the belief that the team will rediscover what they had in those aforementioned games.

We are definitely in a rut. However, if Cooney can gain some consistency and Grant's back heals, we might actually end up better offensively. The necessity of the situation has had us looking towards Rak more frequently. He isn't always finishing, but until the past two weeks I wasn't sure he would ever be a threat. NC State was a look at how things could be for him. If we can get half that production from him, and Cooney and Grant return to their former selves, we will look pretty impressive again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom