Like father like son? | Syracusefan.com

Like father like son?

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
Sick if true.

buffy yuck.gif

The thought that pops into my head is was abused?... Correct me if I'm wrong, but, is it not much more likely to become a pedophile if you yourself are abused?

During the whole case there were rumors he had indeed abused one of his kids (not sure if he had more than one)

During the whole case there were rumors he had indeed abused one of his kids (not sure if he had more than one)
I thought they adopted a few kids.

The thought that pops into my head is was abused?... Correct me if I'm wrong, but, is it not much more likely to become a pedophile if you yourself are abused?
This is absolutely true. Not all who were abused become pedophiles, but the vast majority of pedophiles were abused at some point in time.

It's all reprehensible, but, this just gets worse and worse. The entire thing is just sickening and heartbreaking.

This is absolutely true. Not all who were abused become pedophiles, but the vast majority of pedophiles were abused at some point in time.
That is why knowing about Sandusky in the 70's and not doing anything about it and allowing him to do it for another 30 years and molesting god knows how many kids just is horrific. But, at least they won some football games.

It's all reprehensible, but, this just gets worse and worse. The entire thing is just sickening and heartbreaking.
I interned on a adolescent, psychiatric unit where a number of the patients were victims of incest. The worst part was many of those victims were probably going to be institutionalized for life.

Never in my wildest imagination did I expect to read that when I opened this thread. Just totally sickening and sad.

Never in my wildest imagination did I expect to read that when I opened this thread. Just totally sickening and sad.
The monster set up organizations designed to funnel boys to him, do you think he could resist molesting boys in his own home? Unfortunately his son could not break the chain.

I interned on a adolescent, psychiatric unit where a number of the patients were victims of incest. The worst part was many of those victims were probably going to be institutionalized for life.
:(Oh Lord

The moment Joe Paterno knew what Sandusky was doing and allowed him to continue, he took on the sins of Sandusky.
Yes.

But this isn't the Sandusky who coached at PSU.

Yes.

But this isn't the Sandusky who coached at PSU.
It's part of the chain. Who knows at what point Sandusky's son was triggered to follow his father? But, if something had been done decades earlier, it may have been in time to break this chain.
Edit: Jeff Sandusky is 41. If Paterno had stepped up when he first knew, Jeff Sandusky would have never been molested.

Last edited:
It's part of the chain. Who knows at what point Sandusky's son was triggered to follow his father? But, if something had been done decades earlier, it may have been in time to break this chain.

If?

May?

If I am ever charged with a crime, I hope whatever jurors aren't as willing to connect invisible dots as you seem to be.

This is a tragedy, but associating it with Jo Pa and PSU are a huge stretch in my opinion.

How are the actions of this demented person at a corrections facility connected to Joe Paterno?

This is very possibly a by-product of Paterno's enabling of his old coaching pal. Maybe if Paterno had been locked up back in 1978 he would not have been in a position to molest certain family -- and non-family -- members, who may or may not repeat the acts perpetrated on them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom