Like father like son? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Like father like son?

If?

May?

If I am ever charged with a crime, I hope whatever jurors aren't as willing to connect invisible dots as you seem to be.

This is a tragedy, but associating it with Jo Pa and PSU are a huge stretch in my opinion.
Check my edit, and I am not trying to send a dead man to jail. This is not a court case, this is a man turning his back on his moral obligation to protect children for the sake of football. I'm not sure why you are defending Paterno. I know you like to argue, and you are quite good at it, and I am often in agreement with you. But, in this case, there is evidence that Paterno knew about Sandusky molesting kids in 1976. Jeff Sandusky is 41 years old. Paterno knew before Jeff Sandusky was born. Do you think that Jerry Sandusky molesting his adopted son influenced him to also molest children?

If?

May?

If I am ever charged with a crime, I hope whatever jurors aren't as willing to connect invisible dots as you seem to be.

This is a tragedy, but associating it with Jo Pa and PSU are a huge stretch in my opinion.

I think throwing out the term jurors is a bit of a stretch too. There's not that many invisible dots. If Jerry had been reported early and locked up, there a good chance he doesn't molest this kid, and therefore a good chance this guy doesn't molest anyone either. It's a continuation of the chain, a chain which had many many many chances to be broken by PSU and JoePA. I don't think you need to convince a jury of that.

This is very possibly a by-product of Paterno's enabling of his old coaching pal. Maybe if Paterno had been locked up back in 1978 he would not have been in a position to molest certain family -- and non-family -- members, who may or may not repeat the acts perpetrated on them.
Beat me to it.

I have prosecuted child abuse and neglect cases for a little over twelve years now (on the family court side - think foster care, not jail). I've seen things that would make people's heads explode, including a case just a few weeks ago with a very similar fact pattern. I've read the accounts, watched the interviews, and seen it all play out far too many times.

Sandusky has six adopted kids. One of his adopted kids already made claims to have been sexually abused by his father. Given what we know of Sandusky's behavior with The Second Mile, there's a strong likelihood all/most of those adopted kids were abused. For one of those kids to have subsequently abused other kids is the most predictable thing in the world. It is sad and tragic, but predictable. I don't want to tell you of the cases I've had where the 13 year old kid is abusing the 9 year old who is abusing the 5 year old because Dad has been abusing the 13 year old and started on the 9 year old (all while Mom averts her eyes and doesn't ask questions because she doesn't want to know.)

It is a sick, evil, fallen world we live in.

I have prosecuted child abuse and neglect cases for a little over twelve years now (on the family court side - think foster care, not jail). I've seen things that would make people's heads explode, including a case just a few weeks ago with a very similar fact pattern. I've read the accounts, watched the interviews, and seen it all play out far too many times.

Sandusky has six adopted kids. One of his adopted kids already made claims to have been s e xually abused by his father. Given what we know of Sandusky's behavior with The Second Mile, there's a strong likelihood all/most of those adopted kids were abused. For one of those kids to have subsequently abused other kids is the most predictable thing in the world. It is sad and tragic, but predictable. I don't want to tell you of the cases I've had where the 13 year old kid is abusing the 9 year old who is abusing the 5 year old because Dad has been abusing the 13 year old and started on the 9 year old (all while Mom averts her eyes and doesn't ask questions because she doesn't want to know.)

It is a sick, evil, fallen world we live in.
I don't know how you do it

The moment Joe Paterno knew what Sandusky was doing and allowed him to continue, he took on the sins of Sandusky.
If Joe was a participator is the only way it makes sense.

This is absolutely true. Not all who were abused become pedophiles, but the vast majority of pedophiles were abused at some point in time.
Many abused girls become bulimic/anorexic

Not surprising he was abused as a child, not that I feel sorry for him, but he never had a chance.

This is very possibly a by-product of Paterno's enabling of his old coaching pal. Maybe if Paterno had been locked up back in 1978 he would not have been in a position to molest certain family -- and non-family -- members, who may or may not repeat the acts perpetrated on them.

You must mean Sandusky not Paterno being locked up, right?

I don't know what happened between Jerry Sandusky and his son and neither do you.

I don't what caused Sandusky's son to come off the rails and neither do you.

I'm not even sure Sandusky's son is guilty of all or some of these charges. These aren't choirboys here.

Before anybody starts blaming Joe Paterno for the action of Sandusky's son, maybe we ought to be a little patient and see how this thing plays out. That is, if we are interested in being fair minded.

Two words - Duke Lacrosse

I don't know what happened between Jerry Sandusky and his son and neither do you.

I'm not even sure Sandusky's son is guilty of all or some of these charges. These aren't choirboys here.

Before anybody starts blaming Joe Paterno for the action of Sandusky's son, maybe we ought to be a little patient and see how this thing plays out. That is, if we are interested in being fair minded.

3 words - What???

Maryland troll ... leave now and this is the very first time I spoke these words.

You are one step below the Sandusky's

PATERNO KNEW EVERYTHING...HAD TOO

I was working all day and saw this for the first time on the ticker watching the basketball game. Just horrible and sickening.

Many abused girls become bulimic/anorexic
Yup. The unfortunate thing about sex abuse of all ages, the abuse is horrible and the attached disorders due to the abuse. It's often times a life sentence.

The sons offence did not involve males but was inappropriate internet
contact with under age females.

I think throwing out the term jurors is a bit of a stretch too. There's not that many invisible dots. If Jerry had been reported early and locked up, there a good chance he doesn't molest this kid, and therefore a good chance this guy doesn't molest anyone either. It's a continuation of the chain, a chain which had many many many chances to be broken by PSU and JoePA. I don't think you need to convince a jury of that.
psu,joepa and mrs sandusky

So, hetero pedophelia is somehow less bad and/or not related to homosexual pedophelia? :noidea:

Meanwhile, JoePa could have potentially put an end to all of this decades ago - yet he has all his wins now.
And JB was vilified for what was the equivalent of some unpaid parking tickets by comparison.

that is incorrect. You should read the arrest affidavit.

He was soliciting nude photos and oral sex from the 15 and 16 year old daughters of his girlfriend, who he had been living with for approximately five years. He did so via text messages. He tried to manipulate the girls by saying he was a medical professional, so it was ok for him to see them nude. He also claimed that victim 1 had nude photos on the internet, but that he "knew a guy" who could get them off the internet, but he needed a copy of a nude photo he knew was genuine to make it work. Victim 1 constantly felt that Sandusky was looking her up and down and spying on her in the shower, such that she stopped taking showers while Sandusky was at home.

The victim's response was great (after she refused, Sandusky insisted on meeting in person to smooth things over). The victim texted:
"no, we don't need to talk and we are not going to. You did what you did and I'm not going to give you a chance to justify it. You literally tried to guilt me into doing it and you even specifically told me what I "needed" to do. You know who does that? Rapists and Abusers, not [REDACTED] who care about their [REDACTED]. I don't know how many times I need to tell you no and stop before you get it."

I want to give that girl a high five. I wish every kid in a similar situation could give that response. Sadly, she's very much the exception.

To reiterate, Sandusky tried to solicit nude photos and oral sex from girls he had been living with as - essentially - their step father for five years (since the girls were 9 and 10). The girls kept the text messages and showed them to their biological father, who forwarded them to the police. So for any of you tempted to go all "OMG WHAT ABOUT DUKE LACROSSE?!?!?!", there's hard evidence here.

During the whole case there were rumors he had indeed abused one of his kids (not sure if he had more than one)

They weren't rumors. His stepson came out during the trial and exposed his stepfather.

The thought that pops into my head is was abused?... Correct me if I'm wrong, but, is it not much more likely to become a pedophile if you yourself are abused?

significantly. its very very sad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom