Like father like son? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Like father like son?

If?

May?

If I am ever charged with a crime, I hope whatever jurors aren't as willing to connect invisible dots as you seem to be.

This is a tragedy, but associating it with Jo Pa and PSU are a huge stretch in my opinion.
This isn't a court of law.

It's the court of public opinion.

If you don't want people to disagree with your opinions then just lurk

I have prosecuted child abuse and neglect cases for a little over twelve years now (on the family court side - think foster care, not jail). I've seen things that would make people's heads explode, including a case just a few weeks ago with a very similar fact pattern. I've read the accounts, watched the interviews, and seen it all play out far too many times.

Sandusky has six adopted kids. One of his adopted kids already made claims to have been s e xually abused by his father. Given what we know of Sandusky's behavior with The Second Mile, there's a strong likelihood all/most of those adopted kids were abused. For one of those kids to have subsequently abused other kids is the most predictable thing in the world. It is sad and tragic, but predictable. I don't want to tell you of the cases I've had where the 13 year old kid is abusing the 9 year old who is abusing the 5 year old because Dad has been abusing the 13 year old and started on the 9 year old (all while Mom averts her eyes and doesn't ask questions because she doesn't want to know.)

It is a sick, evil, fallen world we live in.
I worked in criminal court for a couple of years then got a promotion in family court. I only had to wait 10 months for another promotion and got the hell back to criminal court.

Criminals are easier to deal with. Family matters stink.

Yes you get murders by family in criminal court. It's why the spouse is always the prime suspect and then other family too, if it's not an obvious acquaintance or stranger murder.

And sometimes family members try to make a murder look like a copycat of a serial killer's MO

All kinds of charming things

Bless you leftytg for doing a job most lawyers cannot.
So, hetero pedophelia is somehow less bad and/or not related to homos e xual pedophelia? :noidea:

Meanwhile, JoePa could have potentially put an end to all of this decades ago - yet he has all his wins now.
And JB was vilified for what was the equivalent of some unpaid parking tickets by comparison.

If Joe was a participator is the only way it makes sense.
Not the only way but yeah, that certainly could be the rotting banana making the sheet sundae into a full blown split.

Ugh

You must mean Sandusky not Paterno being locked up, right?

I don't know what happened between Jerry Sandusky and his son and neither do you.

I don't what caused Sandusky's son to come off the rails and neither do you.

I'm not even sure Sandusky's son is guilty of all or some of these charges. These aren't choirboys here.

Before anybody starts blaming Joe Paterno for the action of Sandusky's son, maybe we ought to be a little patient and see how this thing plays out. That is, if we are interested in being fair minded.

Two words - Duke Lacrosse
Pfft.

Lousy example because Sandusky HAS been convicted.

You seem to forget he pled guilty to several charges.

This has nothing to do with the Duke lacrosse case. A better parallel for Duke would be to the Virginia rape accusations.

The sons offence did not involve males but was inappropriate internet
contact with under age females.
Interesting

More of a parallel to Anthony Weiner then if anything

Interesting

More of a parallel to Anthony Weiner then if anything
Not really. Sandusky Jr. Was doing this with/to his girlfriend's kids... think stepdaughters... creepy.

I saw some guy rip into our local news FB for mentioning Penn State when they talked about this case. "You continue to make this school look bad every time you mention it." Yeah... that's what's doing it.

Not really. Sandusky Jr. Was doing this with/to his girlfriend's kids... think stepdaughters... creepy.
Saw that later.

Thought I added a comment about it but I guess not so now, officially

:vomit:

So, hetero pedophelia is somehow less bad and/or not related to homos e xual pedophelia? :noidea:

Meanwhile, JoePa could have potentially put an end to all of this decades ago - yet he has all his wins now.
And JB was vilified for what was the equivalent of some unpaid parking tickets by comparison.

Hetero or homo there is no difference. The point I tried to make
was that the fathers crimes were in a class by there own, not
that the son did not commit a crime.

Is this thread really necessary? If so at least mods can you move it to the Off topic board? The whole thing is disgusting...would rather not have to even see the title of thread every day when I want to catch up on football, I see enough garbage on the news each night...thx in advance if you can move it

Is this thread really necessary? If so at least mods can you move it to the Off topic board? The whole thing is disgusting...would rather not have to even see the title of thread every day when I want to catch up on football, I see enough garbage on the news each night...thx in advance if you can move it
Don't like the thread? Just click on "Ignore Thread" and you'll never have to see it again.

Last edited:
Fair enough Moontan, you are correct I can put on ignore and will. I am surprised this thread is deemed football relavent...Moving on...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom