Limited seating, masks, temperature checks? What can SU football fans expect at the Carrier Dome this fall | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Limited seating, masks, temperature checks? What can SU football fans expect at the Carrier Dome this fall

Status
Not open for further replies.
IDK, maybe they do understand. I'm sure you've told them.

Your point is fair but understand these aren't 'laws' they're guidelines.

in nys it’s a law. That’s why there have been a number of businesses fined including 2 in Syracuse the past couple days. It must be law in other states too because a few states have started to look at possibly fining individuals.

in nys it’s a law. That’s why there have been a number of businesses fined including 2 in Syracuse the past couple days. It must be law in other states too because a few states have started to look at possibly fining individuals.

That's overreach, and as has been shown around the country anyone who files a suit is winning. Many of these so called 'laws', more like ordinances are discriminatory against different businesses. Hair salons for example have rules that are 1000x more stringent than the dentist office. Hair dressers have to get tested every two weeks but a dental hygienist does not. You think the salon wouldn't win a lawsuit?

And as has been shown around the country anyone who files a suit is winning.

In VA the mask in a business thing is enforceable by the health department (the same stuff you find in restaurant codes). If It was an actual bill passed into law by the legislature you would run into a lot of unintentional consequences down the road.

I agree 100%. Older generations just can’t help themselves from blaming younger ones in any situation.

In general, the last three months have exposed a lot of selfish people. Hopefully things get better throughout the country and we can get back to complaining about play-calling and poor tackling in September instead of more serious, less fun things on the football board.
FACTS.

I HAD to do some work at a local beach today. About 5,000 people(very reduced) . The largest age group I saw was retiree's. About 10 masks for the few thousand I saw. Yeah. It's the 25 year olds. smh.

FACTS.

I HAD to do some work at a local beach today. About 5,000 people(very reduced) . The largest age group I saw was retiree's. About 10 masks for the few thousand I saw. Yeah. It's the 25 year olds. smh.

just general observations but when I go into home depot the older people not wearing masks or having them pulled down below their noses out number the younger people.

Last edited:
just general observations but when I go into home depot the older people not wearing masks or having them pulled down over their noses out number the younger people.
I agree. It’s been this way since the beginning of the virus.

Not to mention they don’t seem to understand giving people space. Every time I go to the store I see older generations gathering around each other or standing on top of the person in front of them.

i thought barbers still had to enforce social distancing rules inside.
chairs have to moved or unused if they cant be 6 ft and waiting rooms..

50% of capacity was the original rule and mask/face shields

there should be no way that many people waiting inside..

I have been to several golf courses, staying away from people only to have retired dudes walk up and get right in your face to say something.. try to get away without being rude and hope they dont have anything.

Its not an old/vs young thing its a i dont think its an issue thing since in many upstate areas its been very limited much of the time

1. I don’t know a single person in this site or in “real” life that life to stop until a vaccine. We want a safe and measured reopening, like you mentioned which NY is doing. BUT we want every business and person to follow the very basic rules (law in NY) so that everyone can enjoy those reopenings and feel safe.

2. The mentioning of the younger people isn’t age shaming. It’s data. Just like people would always mention most deaths were people over 65. I never took that as shaming. The data supported those comments. And at least in CNY and also according to the mayors of LA and Tampa the data says the 20-29 year old age group are spiking up compared to the others. They take more risks and don’t always realize the consequences. At least that what the experts said. That doesn’t mean they all do, but comparatively they do. I have a 22 and 23 year old. They follow the rules as best I can tell. Some of their friends...not so much. Kids being crowded into a bar shoulder to shoulder is not being smart.

1) When I say life "stops," there is context around that. I don't literally mean sit at home and do absolutely nothing, although I have a co-worker whose family is literally like that. They do not go out in public, have all their groceries bought through instacart etc, do not interact with anyone. I know a few others like that as well, so there are people like this, sadly. They are spooked, anxious and have more or less stopped living.

2) It's also summer time. Kids are out of school and have been cooped up for months. They want to get out and spend time with their friends. I'm 38, married & have 3 kids. I'm not out partying much at all these days. People in the 18-30 age bracket are, which is why there is a spike. They are out more than us because a lot of us have jobs, families and just overall more responsibilities and less free time. And when they are out, if they are not following the rules, then it is up to the establishment they are at to make them, or tell them to leave. If it's not being policed, then that's where the problem is.

I have friends who are in their mid 30's to 40 who have been out to a couple bars in the Syracuse area since the reopening. They told me there were people all around the bar, sitting there just as normal, side by side. And many of the folks sitting at the bar were regulars and "older" people in the 40-60 age range. I specifically asked a friend of mine what it was like, and he said the 18-25 year old bartenders/servers are afraid to say anything to the regulars because 1) they're young and intimidated and 2) the establishments need the money, so there's a chance they're told to look the other way.

It's certainly not perfect. I haven't been inside a restaurant or bar since the reopening, but I see no problem with others doing so. The younger crowd sees the data and knows their risk factor is much lower, hence they go out knowing that risk. I don't think after they go out and party, they're going over to grandma & grandpa's, and if they are...well that is on them. I know my parents (mid 60's) aren't having lengthy interactions with people, and they are very healthy for their age. It's all about mitigating risk.

That's overreach, and as has been shown around the country anyone who files a suit is winning. Many of these so called 'laws', more like ordinances are discriminatory against different businesses. Hair salons for example have rules that are 1000x more stringent than the dentist office. Hair dressers have to get tested every two weeks but a dental hygienist does not. You think the salon wouldn't win a lawsuit?

its not overreach just for the heck of it. It’s based on health considerations. And the law isn’t that hard to comply to. And my dentist isn’t even open yet except for emergencies.

Technically they are executive orders, but your point remains. Sometimes I am anal about certain things. I apologize.

These examples of there were more old people than young are fine. But they are specific to a place. It’s not just young people not following the rules, it’s all ages. But the spikes in positive cases are with the young group more than the others. Yea there will be bars where old timers go and some don’t follow the rules. But there are 10x as many bars that are a younger hangout. I forget which poster it was but he went to 10 different bars one weekend and everyone of them were packed with 20 somethings with hardly anyone following the rules. All anyone can ask for is for everyone to follow the rules. It’s not hard.

just general observations but when I go into home depot the older people not wearing masks or having them pulled down over their noses out number the younger people.
Yeah I mentioned it a few weeks ago, but when we returned to the office it was the older guys (even older than me) we had to remind to put their masks on.

Technically they are executive orders, but your point remains. Sometimes I am anal about certain things. I apologize.

yes it is enacted by executive order be legislative law. Still enforceable and why several dozen businesses have been fined a few shut down.

These examples of there were more old people than young are fine. But they are specific to a place. It’s not just young people not following the rules, it’s all ages. But the spikes in positive cases are with the young group more than the others. Yea there will be bars where old timers go and some don’t follow the rules. But there are 10x as many bars that are a younger hangout. I forget which poster it was but he went to 10 different bars one weekend and everyone of them were packed with 20 somethings with hardly anyone following the rules. All anyone can ask for is for everyone to follow the rules. It’s not hard.

I am sure this is probably relatively accurate. Overall, bars tend to attract younger crowds. The owners need to police it and make sure the patrons are following the rules.

I agree. It’s been this way since the beginning of the virus.

Not to mention they don’t seem to understand giving people space. Every time I go to the store I see older generations gathering around each other or standing on top of the person in front of them.

Yup I've noticed that to.

its not overreach just for the heck of it. It’s based on health considerations. And the law isn’t that hard to comply to. And my dentist isn’t even open yet except for emergencies.

Our dentists and eye doctors in Saratoga County are open.

Based on health considerations I'd rather they go around fining people who are smoking and vaping near me. Far worse for the public health.

And the kings executive orders could be challenged in court. they're not laws.

We can add "yearning to attend college football games during a global deadly pandemic" to the list of selfish and dumb things that human beings do.

(And college football is literally my favorite thing in my life).
Like Lemmings to the Sea.

executive orders are law, just like a laws passed by the regular legislative branches.. And they also can be overturned if they are constitutionally correct . Since we have laws on shirts and shoes I dont know how a law for a mask wouldnt fly in a health crisis and the same for limiting access as we have those 2 for other safety reasons. Now if he says all masks must be a set color that would be shot down.

Agreed. I'm seeing retiree's pack their local breakfast hangouts, the same the youth might be seen at bars.

In regards to football players. They have FAR more to lose than most in their age group, regardless of the reckless folks of all ages Medical staff/trainers/coaches/other players on them daily.

Based on health considerations I'd rather they go around fining people who are smoking and vaping near me. Far worse for the public health.

Sorry to be disagreeable, but this is a ridiculous statement. It would take months of someone smoking around you to affect your health. One sneeze from a maskless COVID-19 carrier and you're infected.

If customers aren't complying what happens. Do you want them to also be bouncers, physically enforcing rules that they may not support because they're negatively impacting their business?

Or do they call the (gulp) police? While they (gulp) still can?

Status
Not open for further replies.