Limited seating, masks, temperature checks? What can SU football fans expect at the Carrier Dome this fall | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Limited seating, masks, temperature checks? What can SU football fans expect at the Carrier Dome this fall

Status
Not open for further replies.
My son wears one his entire shift at work. 4 to 8 hours. Not ideal but doable. I seriously doubt you will have fans without them.
Ya it's doable if you have to for work. If I have to be forced to wear one while paying to go to a game why wouldn't I just stay home and be comfortable?

I havent had one on yet for more than 30-40 min at any one time but even then forgot it was on pretty quickly. often get back into the car and forget to even take it off.

Ya it's doable if you have to for work. If I have to be forced to wear one while paying to go to a game why wouldn't I just stay home and be comfortable?
Why wouldn’t you, its a tough time . Fans will have to make do with uncomfortable circumstance. Absolutely no problem with someone that chooses to stay home. I’m not sure I will use my seasons but I’m not concerned with the mask.

Man if I just went by the postings on the football forum over the years complaining about the oppressive Syracuse weather, you'd think we're located in the deep south.
When it’s 80 to 90 degrees outside and their is no AC in the Dome it becomes a sauna inside.

The early season games in the Dome are hot a lot. It’s okay since it’s typically one or two games. I wouldn’t want to have to wear a mask inside if there was no AC in high temperatures.
The Dome will have a AC so I was wrong about having to wear the mask inside.

Why wouldn’t you, its a tough time . Fans will have to make do with uncomfortable circumstance. Absolutely no problem with someone that chooses to stay home. I’m not sure I will use my seasons but I’m not concerned with the mask.
Ya if I have the choice of paying money wearing a mask for 4 hrs in a sauna like dome or watching at home with my ac no mask I'm probably going to pick the option b.

I get that it gets hot in the dome.. but still in the last 30 yrs we have had maybe 10 games where it was hot to the point of being that bad.. it really mattered where you sat.. But given that it wasnt like every game at LSU and other games in the south. The Maryland game last year was as bad as any Dome game.

One thing we know whether there is AC or not, they never really opened up the dome for air flow in the days leading up to a game.. In theory they could open every door/window now and leave them open if they wanted so the heat didnt build like before. stick some of those big fans up in the upperdeck to move air and with so many less people it could be quite a bit better up there.

Man if I just went by the postings on the football forum over the years complaining about the oppressive Syracuse weather, you'd think we're located in the deep south.

It gets pretty bad in there. Heaven forbid there's a touch of humidity outside. It certainly didn't help that the Dome ran out of bottled water during the Florida State game. After October, feel free to layer up. Before then? Wear as little as legally possible if it's already hot outside.

It gets pretty bad in there. Heaven forbid there's a touch of humidity outside. It certainly didn't help that the Dome ran out of bottled water during the Florida State game. After October, feel free to layer up. Before then? Wear as little as legally possible if it's already hot outside.
It's all relative. I grew up in NoVa, where the heat/humid combo is as bad as anywhere in the U.S. We spent our summers playing and working outdoors. The Dome gets hot, but it's never been unbearable for me.
The hottest I've ever been was August 1991 at Ft. Meade digging a foxhole in the middle of the day in MOPP 4. I thought I was going to pass out and that charcoal-lined suit got pretty heavy after a couple of hours of sweat. It was hot enough (97°) and then when the alarm went off, we all looked at each other like, you've GOT to be kidding. That CO was one sadistic mutha.

CAB8C37B-DECC-4936-B061-72CA35B08D43.jpeg

Yeah, that was a pretty damn wretched game.

Masks should be fine if you are not coughing, sneezing or talking/shouting too much. Just sit in your seat and keep your mouth shut. Just think, a game where you can hear a pin drop and perfect sight-lines. The guy who sits behind me and is always asking us to sit down will love this scenario.
I wore a mask for 10 hours a day working in a warehouse. If I can do that then fans can sit in the dome for 4 hours

they could also put a mask free zone at the gates where each fan can go out to get some air and take off the mask and be allowed to go back in

What if someone refuses to wear a mask or take a temp check? what if its someone from another thread thats a friend of Bees?

What if by then they get the rapid testing figured out and want to do random spot tests and someone says no.

Looks like people may want to read the fine print of the tickets before they buy to know what they are signing up for this yr and what constitutional rights they are giving away.

The seldom remembered constitutional right to attend a football game.

It will probably be a little disappointing when they say we need to take your temperature and I drop my drawers. Only to find out their using temporal lobe thermometers. Sir, we just need to swipe your forehead!

Wait, not disappointing, I meant embarrassing.
Sir, you don't need to come back for a re-check at the end of each quarter

What if someone refuses to wear a mask or take a temp check? what if its someone from another thread thats a friend of Bees?

What if by then they get the rapid testing figured out and want to do random spot tests and someone says no.

Looks like people may want to read the fine print of the tickets before they buy to know what they are signing up for this yr and what constitutional rights they are giving away.
Private University.

Is the deal going to be "wear a mask unless you are eating or drinking"? I feel like that allows for a lot or gray area. Do you pull it back up between bites? After the food is gone? Is there no eating or drinking?

I would love if they opened up the area between Heroy and the Dome as an external concessions plaza. Now that they are getting rid of the air supported roof, they may have that flexibility. If nothing else it would get some of the concessions lines and crowds around there shorter
Easy to fix it...just bring in some Karens and station them in each section.

It's all relative. I grew up in NoVa, where the heat/humid combo is as bad as anywhere in the U.S. We spent our summers playing and working outdoors. The Dome gets hot, but it's never been unbearable for me.
The hottest I've ever been was August 1991 at Ft. Meade digging a foxhole in the middle of the day in MOPP 4. I thought I was going to pass out and that charcoal-lined suit got pretty heavy after a couple of hours of sweat. It was hot enough (97°) and then when the alarm went off, we all looked at each other like, you've GOT to be kidding. That CO was one sadistic mutha.
This Air Force guy understands...one time we went TDY and had to stay at a motel without a breakfast bar.

Will SU offer a ticket refund to season ticket holders who don’t want to wear a mask?

They should.

Yeah, no. They won’t.
They’ll just happily sell your tix to a non dumbass.

It’s 2020, a Covid-19 world.
If you don’t want to wear a mask, great!
There’s a place for that. Your home.
Stay there.

You wanna watch a football game?
In person?

Bring your mask.

Yeah, no. They won’t.
They’ll just happily sell your tix to a non dumbass.

It’s 2020, a Covid-19 world.
If you don’t want to wear a mask, great!
There’s a place for that. Your home.
Stay there.

You wanna watch a football game?
In person?

Bring your mask.

I think he’s more saying, will the offer money back to people who won’t go or won’t be able to get in if they don’t wear a mask...

But the true question is, how long do we keep social distancing for? We are going to be through phase 4, if everything goes well, by the end of June.

New Zealand just held a rugby match with fans in the stands, full. Obviously they are ahead of us in containing the virus but...

The question is how long do we continue to wear masks, Social distance etc.

I think he’s more saying, will the offer money back to people who won’t go or won’t be able to get in if they don’t wear a mask...

But the true question is, how long do we keep social distancing for? We are going to be through phase 4, if everything goes well, by the end of June.

New Zealand just held a rugby match with fans in the stands, full. Obviously they are ahead of us in containing the virus but...

The question is how long do we continue to wear masks, Social distance etc.
They are ahead of us is a huge understatement, 20 or so states have cases on the rise. New Zealand has none.

Will SU offer a ticket refund to season ticket holders who don’t want to wear a mask?

They should.
I wouldn’t but that’s me

They should.

Assuming the dome / stadium is selling concessions I cannot see how that’s enforced. Especially the way you drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.