Limited seating, masks, temperature checks? What can SU football fans expect at the Carrier Dome this fall | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Limited seating, masks, temperature checks? What can SU football fans expect at the Carrier Dome this fall

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fairest way is do some sort of auction. Give out the refunds, start over, say there is a hundred of ticket type A. Let STH bid, figure out the top 100 bids and charge all one hundred of them the price of the 100th place bid.

Each group of ticket prices could have their own auction. Limit to STH because they support more than singles

All these tickets are worth more. They should go to the people who want them there most and not just give them to a lucky would-be scalper.

I suspect that this hasn't been decided yet. With social distancing, you may not be sitting in your regular seats anyway.

While this whole process is far from easy (determining who what where when etc) SU seems to also be making this harder then it has to be. The information that came out I believe on the fball board a month or so ago was that SU had slightly under 20K season ticker holders who had renewed. SU should simply cap that as the attendance number knowing full well at least a few thousand ticket holders will choose not to attend based on being vulnerable from age or pre-existing conditions etc. The remaining number of season ticket holders could be accommodated via social distancing, use of masks etc.

My donor rank is X of 23,694. I assume the 23,694 is season tix? If not, what is it?

Regardless of what the number of fans allowed is at a game (which imo is less than 10k if they are truly going to follow social distancing if it’s still in place) the most difficult thing will be figuring out how many household groups there are. If social distancing rules are still in place, sitting shoulder to shoulder with your buddy wouldn’t be allowed. But what do you do? Call each STH and ask how many of your seats will be used by household members which can then be placed next to each other and others you have will be spaced at 6 feet distances? Difficult logistics.

Edit: forget my comment on STH. That’s donors for all sports I think?

Last edited:
hard to allow scalping though with the expected seat limitations. if some group has 5 family members and SU oks them sittng together and then they want to sell a seat do you let someone you dont know sit in your bubble?

My donor rank is X of 23,694. I assume the 23,694 is season tix? If not, what is it?

Regardless of what the number of fans allowed is at a game (which imo is less than 10k if they are truly going to follow social distancing if it’s still in place) the most difficult thing will be figuring out how many household groups there are. If social distancing rules are still in place, sitting shoulder to shoulder with your buddy wouldn’t be allowed. But what do you do? Call each STH and ask how many of your seats will be used by household members which can then be placed next to each other and others you have will be spaced at 6 feet distances? Difficult logistics.

I really wish chip was willing to sit shoulder to shoulder

Im not sure why I can’t sit next to my buddy?

I’ve likely already been seeing him for months, if me and him make the conscious decision we want to go to the game together...who is SU to tell me I can’t go and sit next to him?

the issue will still be sitting with people you know vs selling your ticket and people you dont know.,
they will have to contact people ahead of time when the allocate tickets to start and that has not been done at all. they can be just assuming all groups will want/be able to sit together.

I’ve likely already been seeing him for months, if me and him make the conscious decision we want to go to the game together...who is SU to tell me I can’t go and sit next to him?
They are the service provider and get to set the rules.

If you don't like them, don't go.

Social distancing right now is a thing. Maybe not in the fall but I think it will still be. If it is, I can assure you for a stadium/arena to allow fans, social distancing will be required. There will be any number of protocols.

They’re allowed to make rules at their stadium.

But if someone I knew was sitting on the other side in a relatively empty section, I’d just go sit over there. They’re not really going to police it unless you’re sitting on his lap.

You can sit 6 feet away and still talk easily in an empty Dome. I’m sure you don’t huddle up at the pee trough.

And with that, I’ve given several of you enough material to last the day.

gonna have pee dividers i would assume, which would cut down on the peeing games.

If you and your friend have season tickets as a group, you will be allowed to sit together. Just as at restaurants, social distancing rules do not apply to people who come in together.

If you and your friend have season tickets as a group, you will be allowed to sit together. Just as at restaurants, social distancing rules do not apply to people who come in together.

Face masks?

Face masks?
Don’t know. If it was up to me, I would require them except when you are eating or drinking.

I assume this will be driven by the feds, the governor or the county executive.

Social distancing right now is a thing. Maybe not in the fall but I think it will still be. If it is, I can assure you for a stadium/arena to allow fans, social distancing will be required. There will be any number of protocols.
Social distancing and masks weren’t a thing at the bars I went to in CNY this weekend. I’m very interested to see what happens with our numbers between now and July 4th.

Social distancing and masks weren’t a thing at the bars I went to in CNY this weekend. I’m very interested to see what happens with our numbers between now and July 4th.
I’ve heard similar things. I think we’re headed for trouble, hope I’m wrong.

Last edited:
They're just beginning to allow groups of 25 ... hard to imagine the state encouraging interior gatherings of 10,000 - with people shouting and cheering - without masks.
Governor Cuomo Announces Gatherings of Up to 25 People will be Allowed in Phase Three of Reopening

That may mean that (if 10k is even allowed by fall) there would have to be a rule about eating/drinking only in the concourses.
Well, they are already talking about phase 4 starting in less than 2 weeks. That phase would allow large gatherings, like weddings and golf tournaments.

No question sporting events are still bigger than these (I think they are the final frontier of opening stuff up) but I can see a path leading to fans being allowed to sit in the stands for SU football games this year.

I agree that if it happens, masks will be required. With the possible exception of people who are eating or drinking.

Don’t know. If it was up to me, I would require them except when you are eating or drinking.

I assume this will be driven by the feds, the governor or the county executive.

We are at a disadvantage having a Dome instead of an outdoor stadium

We are at a disadvantage having a Dome instead of an outdoor stadium
I agree. It will be interesting to compare the capacity percentage allowed for the dome compared to places like Rutgers, Penn State and Maryland.

I agree. It will be interesting to compare the capacity percentage allowed for the dome compared to places like Rutgers, Penn State and Maryland.

Not sure I see an issue with Rutgers. They'll probably have room and then some for anyone crazy enough to pay to sit through 3-4 hours of that.

my point was, for all y’all that jumped on me, is a majority of people are out seeing friends, going to dinner together, going to peoples houses...

if I show up at the dome with my buddy instead of my wife, syracuse isn’t going to tell me I can’t sit next to them...

Now some random person? Sure I can see them telling me I have to sit 6 feet away.

I just think people are going to be surprised with what’s allowed. For most people we are now at a point where it is up to me to decide what risks I want to take, especially as numbers in the northeast continue to drop...

Status
Not open for further replies.