Limited seating, masks, temperature checks? What can SU football fans expect at the Carrier Dome this fall | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Limited seating, masks, temperature checks? What can SU football fans expect at the Carrier Dome this fall

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Air Force guy understands...one time we went TDY and had to stay at a motel without a breakfast bar.
It seemed like the Air Force bases were always getting fancy new housing and we were stuck in WW2 era buildings with faulty fluorescent lighting and walls that shook whenever anyone on the floor closed their door. I used to go workout at the AF gym. It was WAY bigger and nicer than the Army one.

I think he’s more saying, will the offer money back to people who won’t go or won’t be able to get in if they don’t wear a mask...

But the true question is, how long do we keep social distancing for? We are going to be through phase 4, if everything goes well, by the end of June.

New Zealand just held a rugby match with fans in the stands, full. Obviously they are ahead of us in containing the virus but...

The question is how long do we continue to wear masks, Social distance etc.

New Zealand has had zero new cases for three weeks...

Assuming the dome / stadium is selling concessions I cannot see how that’s enforced. Especially the way you drink.
You ever try to breathe out when you're drinking? Can't be done

Drink, hold breath, mask, exhale, repeat.

It is not only fun it is has public health benefits

Is it a fact that when the Air Force decides they need a new base, the first thing that gets built is the Officers’ Club?
Almost correct, right after the O'Club comes the:

Golf course, gym, housing, BX and commissary...after they run out of money they ask for more to build the runway

Last edited:
Will SU offer a ticket refund to season ticket holders who don’t want to wear a mask?

They should.

From what I hear they will be very liberal with refunds and renewals for fans that are not comfortable attending games this year. I believe they will even hold your season ticket seats until 2021 if you talk to your rep.

Yeah, no. They won’t.
They’ll just happily sell your tix to a non dumbass.

They're not going to refund my ticket but they're going to sell it to a non dumbass?

What if we both show up to the same game and I bring a mask?

I believe they will even hold your season ticket seats until 2021 if you talk to your rep.

That's going above and beyond.

Granted, there's no shortage of available season tickets, but they should have no obligation to hold the seat.

That's going above and beyond.

Granted, there's no shortage of available season tickets, but they should have no obligation to hold the seat.
Nah disagree

It is a relationship issue and SU needs happy STHers... grasshopper, you have become hardened living among the DC crowd

Some of these STHers have lived through games like Akron and Penn State...they are very fragile and could go off into a very dark place (like your time with Millhouse at lollapalooza festival 2002).

Last edited:
Nah disagree

It is a relationship issue and SU needs happy STHers... grasshopper, you have become hardened living among the DC crowd

Some of these STHers have lived through games like Akron and Penn State...they are very fragile and could go off into a very dark place (like your time with Millhouse at lollapalooza festival 2002).

Agreed. Although I am not a STH, I would be very disappointed if they did anything else for those who are uncomfortable going this year and I'm not one who complains very much.

Nah disagree

Agree with this. A lot of the season ticket holder base is 60 or older. People at risk should not be asked to pay to retain tickets that they can't safely use. No one should be forced to choose between risking their life or losing their season tickets.

I am glad Syracuse is enlightened enough to provide season ticket holders with this option. It is the right way to do business, even if it costs the university some much needed income in the short term.

Last edited:
From what I hear they will be very liberal with refunds and renewals for fans that are not comfortable attending games this year. I believe they will even hold your season ticket seats until 2021 if you talk to your rep.
This is very important. That's how you retain a ticket base. Hopefully this is going to be the case.

Agree with this. A lot of the season ticket holder base is 60 or older. People at risk should not be asked to pay to retain tickets that can't safely use. No one should be forced to choose between risking their life or losing their season tickets.

I am glad Syracuse is enlightened enough to provide season ticket holders with this option. It is the right way to do business, even if it costs the university some much needed income in the short term.
Bingo,
Too difficult to build season ticket base in Upstate NY as it is. SU doesn’t need another “ it’s the only game in town “ moment. I’m 59 but I’m not sure if I will attend with my seasons until we get right up to Sept and I analyze the Covid situation at that time. ( and the university plan for safety) That is if I am offered seats at all.

Bingo,
Too difficult to build season ticket base in Upstate NY as it is. SU doesn’t need another “ it’s the only game in town “ moment. I’m 59 but I’m not sure if I will attend with my seasons until we get right up to Sept and I analyze the Covid situation at that time. ( and the university plan for safety) That is if I am offered seats at all.

I'm in the same boat. Except I'm in my 30s and my pops is in my 60s, so if he isn't comfortable with the setting, we'll love to just roll the tickets over, or maybe take later games if they do the 3-4 game, which has to be the case because:

Does anyone have any idea how many STH there are? Accounts or seats. Even ballpark estimates from some of you seasoned fans. Beat writers don't get it. SU doesn't announce it. But +9k from 2 years ago seems like there are more than 16,000.

Nah disagree

That's kind of my point. They are going above and beyond by doing it, in my opinion. And that's a good thing. It's not an obligation it's a choice.

I'll let SU keep my money of course, but I just can't see making the trip in this year's circumstances unless they ultimately ease up before the season ends.

I'm in the same boat. Except I'm in my 30s and my pops is in my 60s, so if he isn't comfortable with the setting, we'll love to just roll the tickets over, or maybe take later games if they do the 3-4 game, which has to be the case because:

Does anyone have any idea how many STH there are? Accounts or seats. Even ballpark estimates from some of you seasoned fans. Beat writers don't get it. SU doesn't announce it. But +9k from 2 years ago seems like there are more than 16,000.
Last year they had somewhere around 33K SThers

That includes students, comps, etc...

Maybe they give the high rollers all the games, then the rest of the season ticket holders get to split the games. Will still be done people left out but the lottery could include more people getting fewer games.

I'd rather get tix to all the games than none but im not going to go to all of them regardless

I wonder what the scalping is going to be like. They're going to learn a lot from this

That's kind of my point. They are going above and beyond by doing it, in my opinion. And that's a good thing. It's not an obligation it's a choice.

I'll let SU keep my money of course, but I just can't see making the trip in this year's circumstances unless they ultimately ease up before the season ends.

Same. It's the right thing to do.

I'm chalking up my already spent money as a donation at this point.

Seems to me that we are going to be in the 12-16K window somewhere depending on whether they can sufficiently space 1/3 vs 1/4. My gut says they land on 15.

While this whole process is far from easy (determining who what where when etc) SU seems to also be making this harder then it has to be. The information that came out I believe on the fball board a month or so ago was that SU had slightly under 20K season ticker holders who had renewed. SU should simply cap that as the attendance number knowing full well at least a few thousand ticket holders will choose not to attend based on being vulnerable from age or pre-existing conditions etc. The remaining number of season ticket holders could be accommodated via social distancing, use of masks etc.

Maybe they give the high rollers all the games, then the rest of the season ticket holders get to split the games. Will still be done people left out but the lottery could include more people getting fewer games.

I'd rather get tix to all the games than none but im not going to go to all of them regardless

I wonder what the scalping is going to be like. They're going to learn a lot from this
There will be scalping. Especially if SU is above .500%

with the whole mobile ticketing maybe less scalping day of game

As a STH for both SU football and the Buffalo Bills, I have much more faith that SU will do the correct thing (eg refunding/rolling over $$ for fans who aren't comfortable in attending) vs what the NFL and the Bills will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.