Limited seating, masks, temperature checks? What can SU football fans expect at the Carrier Dome this fall | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Limited seating, masks, temperature checks? What can SU football fans expect at the Carrier Dome this fall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard a story about watching to see how Aussie sports make out as they will be far along in their season when our fball gets going

Heard a story about watching to see how Aussie sports make out as they will be far along in their season when our fball gets going
Don't have to look that far. The NBA and NHL (and maybe MLB) experiences will inform the football leagues. Although, anything less than players keeling over at midfield may not dissuade the SEC.

lets see if there are outbreaks form all the riots the last few weeks before making any decisions more than 2 months away
Apparently there has NOT been much of a spike from the protests. This is being attributed to many of the protesters wearing masks and being outside. This is heartening news, but may not help us much in the fall in the Dome.

not clear they are comparing domes/arenas to other inside areas though. What it does imply is that eating in a restaurant is probably not the safest thing yet and neither will being in a dome with no mask on..
Domes/arenas may be worse, because of the time spent at a sporting event--2 hours plus for basketball and hockey, 4 hours for football. Proximity and duration are the important variables.

But think about. the people in the protest spent way more time close to people than anyone sitting at a game will.

Apparently there has NOT been much of a spike from the protests. This is being attributed to many of the protesters wearing masks and being outside. This is heartening news, but may not help us much in the fall in the Dome.

One thing that I read is that it is too soon to actually tell (although the intial results look promising). The "challenge" is that the vast majority of protesters were generally younger, so they are much more likely to be asymptomatic. The true test will come in the next 1-2 weeks when we see who those folks possibly infected.

Agreed though that the wearing masks and being outside seemed to be a big help.

the dome will be cleaned thoroughly after a game thats for sure

dont really need to though.. nothing will survive past a day or 2 and probably even less than that, the common areas perhaps.

dont really need to though.. nothing will survive past a day or 2 and probably even less than that, the common areas perhaps.

I agree with everything that it doesn't last more than 2-3 on a surface. However, one thing that has always confused me is then why did ships like the Comfort and Diamond Princess then both need to undergo a thorough cleaning? Why not let them sit for a week?

I agree with everything that it doesn't last more than 2-3 on a surface. However, one thing that has always confused me is then why did ships like the Comfort and Diamond Princess then both need to undergo a thorough cleaning? Why not let them sit for a week?

Yes, this. Makes no sense.

If it can’t last beyond 2-3 days on a surface, then wait a week, and viola!
No Covid.

I wonder if it was more for appearances sake?

Might be because those ships still had a ton of people on board even after the passengers leave,

Yes, this. Makes no sense.

If it can’t last beyond 2-3 days on a surface, then wait a week, and viola!
No Covid.

I wonder if it was more for appearances sake?
I believe the virus can survive even longer on some surfaces. The point is moot because it doesn’t have the viral load to transfer anyway. The disinfecting is just extra precaution. Like I have bleach and water spray bottle and I spray my golf cart every day even though the course supposedly is doing it.

You guys do know the CDC already came out and said that getting the virus from touching something is extremely slim right?

Low risk is not no risk.

The key takeaway is - the best way to reduce that risk, is to wash your hands well and regularly, especially before you touch your face, eyes, mouth.

However, people touch their faces, etc all the damn time.
And wash their hands... not so much.

We get it - you’re a card carrying member of “YOLO baby, I’m a young Murican, gonna live muh life, and screw anybody else! Club”.

And, you yourself will likely be just fine doing that; but you could endanger countless others by your actions.

Which is the part that you clearly:
A - just don’t understand.
B - just don’t care about.
C - willfully ignore.
D - all of the above.

Ima vote D for you.

But think about. the people in the protest spent way more time close to people than anyone sitting at a game will.
How are restrooms managed? What about entry? Or concessions? So many questions

And I assume yelling and chanting. And in some cases looting and breaking stuff cuz that's what you are supposed to do.

The hard part at a football game will be to keep a knucklehead from spraying all over as he cheers without a mask.

These homemade FrankenMasks some wear are really suspect as they fall down and uncover the nose. They help some and are better than not wearing one in most cases. I still think most have no idea how to properly put them on.

I want football this Fall. I think the risk to the players is actually very small. Clemson had 23 players report that had contracted Covid-19. Apparently most were asymptomatic.

In order for us to have fans I expect and will support limited capacity. I also, think mask wearing will be smart but it is not fail safe. I think it is smart to put limits on tailgates and beer in the stadium. I would support a mandatory mask wear policy except for when eating and drinking. I do believe in personal freedom but in a football game situation (or like an airplane) folks should just shut up and comply.

Fans need to assume the risk in going and shelter those at risk.

Last edited:
the amount of people wearing awful is masks is crazy. if its home made why make them so short they cant stay on.

Don't have to look that far. The NBA and NHL (and maybe MLB) experiences will inform the football leagues. Although, anything less than players keeling over at midfield may not dissuade the SEC.
the aussie sports though are really as close to fball as you can get

I think you're gonna get between 5-10k at the dome. timed entry to a specific gate only like an amusement park and of course a mask 100% of the time. The AD might as well send those with tickets an SU mask to wear at the game.

the aussie sports though are really as close to fball as you can get
My point is--the NHL/NBA/MLB will be guinea pigs for the NFL. To some extent, we'll see what works, what doesn't, and how improvements can be made. If those sports can't make it work using their "bubbles", football will be damn near impossible.

And I assume yelling and chanting. And in some cases looting and breaking stuff cuz that's what you are supposed to do.

The hard part at a football game will be to keep a knucklehead from spraying all over as he cheers without a mask.

These homemade FrankenMasks some wear are really suspect as they fall down and uncover the nose. They help some and are better than not wearing one in most cases. I still think most have no idea how to properly put them on.

I want football this Fall. I think the risk to the players is actually very small. Clemson had 23 players report that had contracted Covid-19. Apparently most were asymptomatic.

In order for us to have fans I expect and will support limited capacity. I also, think mask wearing will be smart but it is not fail safe. I think it is smart to put limits on tailgates and beer in the stadium. I would support a mandatory mask wear policy except for when eating and drinking. I do believe in personal freedom but in a football game situation (or like an airplane) folks should just shut up and comply.

Fans need to assume the risk in going and shelter those at risk.
they could make a designated space where you can take a break from wearing the masks too like amusement parks are

Status
Not open for further replies.