Limited seating, masks, temperature checks? What can SU football fans expect at the Carrier Dome this fall | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Limited seating, masks, temperature checks? What can SU football fans expect at the Carrier Dome this fall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would fans right now sign up for a plan that guarantees football if they are willing to commit to zero fans all season?

I feel like a lot wouldnt (especially in SEC country)
Terrible choice... either you have some fans or nothing.

If the kids are playing with a small risk so should the fans.

Still say, we got to open up and shelter the most at risk. Every one decides their own risk tolerance.

I just flew on a packed flight from SYR to St Pete. I wore a mask and felt secure. To each his own

Still say, we got to open up and shelter the most at risk. Every one decides their own risk tolerance.

It's a half year of this and there still isn't an accepted definition of "risk," probably because this is vastly different depending on the age group and pre-existing conditions. Seems that the kids can play with minimal risk of anything bad happening to them, however far different for a segment of the fan base.

Anyway, we'll know when we know...

I am not saying what side I am on...just asking if it guaranteed a full season would fans sign up.

I am noting your vote.

I personally separate the sport from the event, if that makes sense.

The latest science says that indoor, crowded facilities are the worst for transmitting the virus. Like the Dome in football season, or any basketball arena in the country.

not clear they are comparing domes/arenas to other inside areas though. What it does imply is that eating in a restaurant is probably not the safest thing yet and neither will being in a dome with no mask on..

It's a half year of this and there still isn't an accepted definition of "risk," probably because this is vastly different depending on the age group and pre-existing conditions. Seems that the kids can play with minimal risk of anything bad happening to them, however far different for a segment of the fan base.

Anyway, we'll know when we know...
A saw an interview with JC Tretter, head of the NFL players union, yesterday. He said some of his members have pre-existing conditions, and more than a few have family members who do.

Incidentally, he's a Cornell grad from the Buffalo 'burbs.

A saw an interview with JC Tretter, head of the NFL players union, yesterday. He said some of his members have pre-existing conditions, and more than a few have family members who do.

Incidentally, he's a Cornell grad from the Buffalo 'burbs.

That was a concern with MLB, esp the family part and guys that are slightly older.

I just flew on a packed flight from SYR to St Pete. I wore a mask and felt secure. To each his own
If players want to play with no fans and it can bee done safely I am for it. Watching EPL right now. Sports with no fans is better then none. Again if they can do it safely.

And it’s 50-50 whether an asteroid collides with the earth tonight. Either it will happen, or it won’t happen. Fact of the matter is that no one knows anything today. And what they DO know today will change by tomorrow. Given that no single body can decree a go / no go on football, and that even the individual conferences consider it a local decision that would enable some schools to play while others don’t, I think it is highly likely that there will be college football in some form in the fall.

The latest science says that indoor, crowded facilities are the worst for transmitting the virus. Like the Dome in football season, or any basketball arena in the country.

The risk at the Dome can be mitagated.

Open up the entry doors and vent louvers and run the fans. Fans wear masks and reduce the capacity.

Last edited:
It's a half year of this and there still isn't an accepted definition of "risk,"

To complicate things further, perhaps I am at very low risk. I go out and catch it someplace, and I give it to someone who is at risk.

FWIW, the faculty I know are basically ready to revolt about having to go back and teach in person classes in the fall.

Open up the entry doors and vent louvers and run the fans. Fans wear masks and reduce the capacity.
That will work better in the Fall than the Winter.

Since it’s rumored to be behind schedule anyways, leave the dome roof off for fball season.

To complicate things further, perhaps I am at very low risk. I go out and catch it someplace, and I give it to someone who is at risk.

FWIW, the faculty I know are basically ready to revolt about having to go back and teach in person classes in the fall.
My younger brother is ready to go to SU in the fall and I’m going to try to convince him to just go community college for a semester and decide again in the winter. It’s not worth the money as it looks right now and you’re probably not going to miss too much of the college experience.

My younger brother is ready to go to SU in the fall and I’m going to try to convince him to just go community college for a semester and decide again in the winter. It’s not worth the money as it looks right now and you’re probably not going to miss too much of the college experience.

If he is a freshmen, then that isn't a bad idea. However, I ) will they hold his spot in SU, II) I've heard of quite a few students who plan to go the CC route and then go to a larger school after 2 years. However, many many never make it to the larger school. Another thing to consider is this, if larger schools aren't offering the best online experience, I'm wondering how typically very resource strapped CC's (who may now have a huge influx of students) will pan out.

Just food for thought. Glad your brother made a great decision.

If he is a freshmen, then that isn't a bad idea. However, I ) will they hold his spot in SU, II) I've heard of quite a few students who plan to go the CC route and then go to a larger school after 2 years. However, many many never make it to the larger school. Another thing to consider is this, if larger schools aren't offering the best online experience, I'm wondering how typically very resource strapped CC's (who may now have a huge influx of students) will pan out.

Just food for thought. Glad your brother made a great decision.
I (2015 hs grad) was between St John’s and CC to play basketball and ended up going to CC. I did my two years and went on to UMass, so I’m going to pitch my experience to him haha. There’s cons to going to CC before going to a big school but I’m happy with my experience.

I personally had no desire to go SU for undergrad because of it’s proximity to home and I know he felt the same way. But he got waitlisted at a couple out-of-state schools and backed into this decision with some parental pressure. I just don’t think going to a big school as a last resort type choice is the best in our current climate.

Thank you for your insight though. I’m very happy I’m not making a college decision this fall.

Sorry your absolutely wrong, a vast majority of protests were peaceful including ones my own kids took part in. Yes there was violence but it was not the rule.

For the purposes of keeping the thread from the other side we can call it numerous events of the past few weeks. Many peaceful numerous daily marches for sure, and once something is broken it's broken as well.

Plenty of businesses in Richmond, Raleigh, Charleston and others got trashed, nevermind the big city stuff we saw on TV.

For the purposes of keeping the thread from the other side we can call it numerous events of the past few weeks. Many peaceful numerous daily marches for sure, and once something is broken it's broken as well.

Plenty of businesses in Richmond, Raleigh, Charleston and others got trashed, nevermind the big city stuff we saw on TV.
Yep , there is also questions about who did the trashing but as you said for the other board.

Hopefully the season happens and if it does is there a time frame that they announce game start times ? Specifically Rutgers game week 2 ?

This is probably not the way to go. The epidemiologists say that air circulation actually makes matters worse. Completely still air is the best condition. That figures: we're finally going to get air conditioning and it's not good for us. lol

Hopefully the season happens and if it does is there a time frame that they announce game start times ? Specifically Rutgers game week 2 ?

Normally they announce the start times for the 1st three weeks of the season by June 1.

Guessing that we're going to use the 12 day rule for the entire season. We may not have a start time until late August.

Status
Not open for further replies.