Limited seating, masks, temperature checks? What can SU football fans expect at the Carrier Dome this fall | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Limited seating, masks, temperature checks? What can SU football fans expect at the Carrier Dome this fall

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah policy was a bit short sited in a crisis but it didnt last very long either. Had we had the facilities to send them elsewhere sooner it never happens.
Jacob Javitts Center, Central Park Temp Hospital, Brooklyn Temp Hospital???

Cuomo did a lot of good things in extreme crises but this is probably his worst decision.

Cuomo did a lot of good things in extreme crises but this is probably his worst decision.

Well he was winning. Besides that one policy...however, the last few weeks he’s gone off the deep end.

his rules are planned to be in effect, potentially, forever.

yeah but those all came after the policy was quantified in early april. the issues people were complaining about were from late march as everything ramped up.

Its easy to second guess. Im not a Cuomo supporter but out of all of the politicians he did his best to focus on the issue vs the politics. He was running a State much larger and certainly more important than many countries and did a very good job.

Im an independent, have voted for both sides. Voted for Obama and Trump but will not support Trump in the next election even though i commend him for many things he has done extremely well. Namely foreign economic policy.
His handling of the Pandemic has been sophomoric at best but more importantly his mental insecurities which were evident before have been laid bare during this crisis and are too dangerous to ignore.

Its easy to second guess. Im not a Cuomo supporter but out of all of the politicians he did his best to focus on the issue vs the politics. He was running a State much larger and certainly more important than many countries and did a very good job.

Im an independent, have voted for both sides. Voted for Obama and Trump but will not support Trump in the next election even though i commend him for many things he has done extremely well. Namely foreign economic policy.
His handling of the Pandemic has been sophomoric at best but more importantly his mental insecurities which were evident before have been laid bare during this crisis and are too dangerous to ignore.

We have an insecure child and a senile old man running for president. We can’t find any two better than this? I guess I will vote for policy and hope that the one I vote for surrounds himself with a competent supporting cast.

yeah but those all came after the policy was quantified in early april. the issues people were complaining about were from late march as everything ramped up.
But he kept the bad policy going even when all these hospitals were way under utilized

no he didnt. the Nursing homes that had issues ignored the policy and they repeated it in every PC for weeks that they should not be taking patients if they couldnt do it properly and they had places to send people that couldnt be handled.

We have an insecure child and a senile old man running for president. We can’t find any two better than this? I guess I will vote for policy and hope that the one I vote for surrounds himself with a competent supporting cast.

Well, given that one of the 2 options has already shown he’s incapable of doing that; and as soon as they aren’t just a yes-man (or woman) anymore - YOURE FIRED!

... that kinda narrows the field for you.:p

Also, one of the candidates can run.
and drink water. ;)

yup , but we are writing stories in june about something that happened in march/april and people were dieing weeks later when we dont even know when they went back and forth. the story itself says the first patient they took was mid april and that was weeks after they changed the policy.

No doubt some died because of the beginnings of the policy that was used, but it also wasnt anywhere close to the 6000, over 1500 hundred have died since mid may and the policy was long gone by then.

other stories said "Some homes believe a bigger contribution came from staffers and residents unaware they had the virus. And some say they would have taken on COVID-19 patients regardless of the state’s order. "

Some did it intentionally since they had capacity and had no issues

Other stories said if they had not done it the hospital system would have collapsed.

it was a mix of everything..

Reactions: FAL
But what will September bring???

They said they are working on a plan with Connecticut and New Jersey to expand capacity at sporting events.

I would assume SU will be able to do 100% capacity with proof of vaccination.

I also would be shocked if Syracuse didn’t require a vaccine to attend sporting events next year. Especially with them requiring for all employees and students by next fall.

They said they are working on a plan with Connecticut and New Jersey to expand capacity at sporting events.

I would assume SU will be able to do 100% capacity with proof of vaccination.

I also would be shocked if Syracuse didn’t require a vaccine to attend sporting events next year. Especially with them requiring for all employees and students by next fall.
I hope so. We need to do everything possible to incent people to get vaccinated. Making it mandatory to attend sporting events is one way to do that.

sounds like 12-15 yr old children will be able to start being vaccinated soon which will help some

What if someone refuses to wear a mask or take a temp check? what if its someone from another thread thats a friend of Bees?

What if by then they get the rapid testing figured out and want to do random spot tests and someone says no.

Looks like people may want to read the fine print of the tickets before they buy to know what they are signing up for this yr and what constitutional rights they are giving away.
Ummmm. It’s a private facility and the ticket is a license, subject to the regulations and stipulations of the licensor.

After going 5-7 and 1-10 do you really think there will be a run on football tickets this season. My guess with 100% fans they would be lucky to draw 18-20k butts in the seats.

The temperature check is done by a machine that scans your body.

I got no problem with limited capacity.

Each season ticket holder should get 2 games and then rollover the remainder of cost to next year’s tickets.

You aren’t going to get fans to wear masks indoors for the September games due to heat.
To the people concerned about wearing masks in September heat in the dome, you can relax. SU announced AC was completed in the dome a couple of days ago. I think the days of sauna ball after gone forever, even in early September.

To the people concerned about wearing masks in September heat in the dome, you can relax. SU announced AC was completed in the dome a couple of days ago. I think the days of sauna ball after gone forever, even in early September.
Tom, what do you know about the seats? They were going to redo them but now I don’t know.

Depends. They still need more chilled water capacity to handle a fully occupied dome and 80+ degree day. Right now they are robbing chilled water supply from rest of campus which is perfectly fine for limited occupancy events over next month

Tom, what do you know about the seats? They were going to redo them but now I don’t know.
To my knowledge, there is no plan to change seating for this summer, or any time in the immediate future. It turned out to be a lot harder than the university first thought...

Depends. They still need more chilled water capacity to handle a fully occupied dome and 80+ degree day. Right now they are robbing chilled water supply from rest of campus which is perfectly fine for limited occupancy events over next month
I don’t know how often there have been events at the dome with full occupancy, where the temperature is 80 degrees and classes are in session throughout campus, all at the same time.

Probably never.

Not sure how often they have expanded chilled water supply in the past as they have been building a steady stream of large buildings for decades. Maybe you do? I haven’t heard of issues with AC on campus during this almost continual expansion.

I am confident they will have things working in time for football this fall. Doesn’t sound like full houses are in the cards for football games this fall anyway, for a number of reasons...

After going 5-7 and 1-10 do you really think there will be a run on football tickets this season. My guess with 100% fans they would be lucky to draw 18-20k butts in the seats.
I think yo uare selling it a little short. With no football to watch at all last season there will be more than that. If we are at 100% capacity there will be 25-30K to watch the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.