Lineup | Syracusefan.com

Lineup

AZOrange

Living Legend
Looks there’s a pretty obvious fix here that makes all the sense in the world and if JB isn’t willing to make it we have to storm the palace!

Buddy is a perfect bench guy. He’s not a starter at this level and at this stage.

Looks there’s a pretty obvious fix here that makes all the sense in the world and if JB isn’t willing to make it we have to storm the palace!

Buddy is a perfect bench guy. He’s not a starter at this level and at this stage.
I didn't see the stats tonight. But going in to tonight, I believe Buddy had taken more shots than Hughes.

at this point, time to start trying different combos...

how about:

PG: Marek - shooting % - 60
SG: Hughes - 42% (42% 3pt)
SF: Guerrier - 44%
PF: Edwards - 82%
C: Sidibe - 69%

I have a hard time thinking that lineup would get pounded on the glass.
Plus if the issue is being out matched physically..then this lineup will be fine on that front.

Plus...this puts the 5 best shooting % players on the floor together as well!!!

on top of all that...I think marek´s best attribute is his passing...why not see if he could be a facilitator out there...?

Plus i really love these matchups in one on one defense...i think marek guarding a PG could be interesting.

...it will never happen...but why not at this point???

PS i havent watched any games this season b/c I am in europe LOL

how about:

Just as well you've been overseas. With a screen name like CardiacCuse you would feel out of place this year. We either win big or lose big depending on the level of the competition.

I didn't see the stats tonight. But going in to tonight, I believe Buddy had taken more shots than Hughes.

Fun fact: In these first 8 games of his sophomore season, Buddy has taken +30% more shots per game than Dion Waiters did in the first 8 games of his sophomore season.

Obviously, that speaks as much to the talent around them as anything. But, still, kinda crazy.

how about:

I have a hard time thinking that lineup would get pounded on the glass.
Plus if the issue is being out matched physically..then this lineup will be fine on that front.

Plus...this puts the 5 best shooting % players on the floor together as well!!!

on top of all that...I think marek´s best attribute is his passing...why not see if he could be a facilitator out there...?

Plus i really love these matchups in one on one defense...i think marek guarding a PG could be interesting.

...it will never happen...but why not at this point???

I was thinking the same about Marek. He seems to be the only one that can get Sid the ball so he can score. Maybe a little high low out there. He is good enough to get shooters the ball or to Sid. I also think he could take it to the rim.

Edwards and Sidibe and Marek on the court at the same time???? Hughes would be triple teamed.
Edwards is shooting 80%. Sidibe is missing layups. What should we do here?

Edwards and Sidibe and Marek on the court at the same time???? Hughes would be triple teamed.

No I would want Sid and Marek. Hughes JG and buddy. My point is to have Marek distribute the ball. He will make mistakes getting used to it but I know he can hit a 10 footer. He can drive and he can pass. It may open up shots for guys that need space to knock down their shot. Also he can drop it to Sid. The more confidence Marek has the better he plays. I honestly feel like he can help our offense by touching the ball around the top of the key

No I would want Sid and Marek. Hughes JG and buddy. My point is to have Marek distribute the ball. He will make mistakes getting used to it but I know he can hit a 10 footer. He can drive and he can pass. It may open up shots for guys that need space to knock down their shot. Also he can drop it to Sid. The more confidence Marek has the better he plays. I honestly feel like he can help our offense by touching the ball around the top of the key
Marek would foul out in 3 minutes playing D on a PG.

Theres no fix. The only potential we had was if carey ended up being able to break the defense down. Jb pushed him out like an idiot.

Per 100 possessions, Buddy is averaging 23.5 FGA at 35.3% shooting to Hughes's 20.7 at 41.7% shooting. At total FGA, Hughes leads Buddy by 1 (103-102).

Per 100 possessions in 2017-18, on a thin team, Battle was at 25.2

At this point I would try Hughes at the 2, put QG at the 3 and have buddy coming off the bench. I think this *could* improve the defense at the top of the zone as well as try and address the rebounding issues plaguing us right now. Theres really not much to lose at this point. And since none of this is actually going to happen, I would also try a Braswell & QG at the 3 & 4 from time to time. Braswell can shoot over his man if he gets a small window so it could help open up the offense, and i'd like to see how he does rebounding and defensively if he gets a little time.

Fix for what, exactly?

I think it's a decent idea but I have no illusions that it will significantly improve the current state of affairs.

Marek would foul out in 3 minutes playing D on a PG.
Maybe I am not good at explaining

On d Sid / Dutchie at C
Marek
Hughes/QG
Buddy/ Hughes SG
JG/Goodine PG

On offense Marek around top of key in half court set. Sid down low. The other 3 on the perimeter and feed Marek the ball and let him distribute from top of the key or drive and dish to Sid or send it back out to perimeter. I think having Marek distribute in half court is what I would like to see.

This team isn’t Buddy’s fault, no more than it’s Girard’s, Sidibe‘s etc. Mad at dad so blame his son? Who do you want there, Goodine, Washington? What player is there to replace him as an outside threat in these losses? He’s an easy, lazy target for fans. He played 29 minutes so he did sit. How can you target just one player, regardless if it’s Boeheim, Girard, Sidibe, Dolenzaj etc for this team’s issues?

is lineuo any relation to missio?

if so, this fits...

This team isn’t Buddy’s fault, no more than it’s Girard’s, Sidibe‘s etc. Mad at dad so blame his son? Who do you want there, Goodine, Washington? What player is there to replace him as an outside threat in these losses? He’s an easy, lazy target for fans. He played 29 minutes so he did sit. How can you target just one player, regardless if it’s Boeheim, Girard, Sidibe, Dolenzaj etc for this team’s issues?

Why did you quote that article? To show he had one decent game and one decent offer?

But you’re right, let buddy keep shooting away, don’t bench him. We might have ourselves a Doug Mcdermott type player eventually!

Theres no fix. The only potential we had was if carey ended up being able to break the defense down. Jb pushed him out like an idiot.
Lol carey isn’t the answer

Please move Hughes to the point. He is the best player we have at dealing with the press. Why because he is big enough, strong enough and can handle the ball well enough to hurt the defense.

Iowa did not press because they were missing two players, but most teams will press us. None of our guards are close to being ready to handle the press. i.e. we can't make a team pay for pressing our guards.

The problem with allowing a team to press us is it takes time off the clock before we get into our offense and often we are starting our offense further away from the basket than we want.

I doubt many teams will elect to press Hughes because they won't want to allow him to get down hill on them, but if they do so be it.

This allows Guerrier to start and we need him on the boards, plus Hughes can hit the defensive boards from the guard spot and get it and go.

Buddy and Girard can split time at the 2, and Goodine could spell Hughes at the point when we need him to play the 3 in the zone for foul reasons.

Sorry thought the tongue in cheek was obvious with storm the palace...

I think we need more size up top. I would go JG3 and Eli up top with marek, Quincy and BS on the bottom. I would also please Edwards more even though he is going to get pushed around like crazy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom