Lineup | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Lineup

I think we need more size up top. I would go JG3 and Eli up top with marek, Quincy and BS on the bottom. I would also please Edwards more even though he is going to get pushed around like crazy
Yup. Also gets Buddy into a dagger killer 3 maker off the bench role.

Why did you quote that article? To show he had one decent game and one decent offer?

But you’re right, let buddy keep shooting away, don’t bench him. We might have ourselves a Doug Mcdermott type player eventually!
He shot 40% from 3 in acc play last year. It’s not 1 game. If you have a solution let me know. I don’t see Sherman or Pearl sitting On the bench. All of our problems are not based on Buddy. This was never supposed to be his role. He is better than I expected at this point.

He shot 40% from 3 in acc play last year. It’s not 1 game. If you have a solution let me know. I don’t see Sherman or Pearl sitting On the bench. All of our problems are not based on Buddy. This was never supposed to be his role. He is better than I expected at this point.
I agree but it gets us a little more beef on the court

I think we need more size up top. I would go JG3 and Eli up top with marek, Quincy and BS on the bottom. I would also please Edwards more even though he is going to get pushed around like crazy
I agree. I think you have to at least try Eli at shooting guard. If your Not ready to change The starting lineup at least give it a try. Elijiah’s handle is just as good as Buddy and shooting and overall play is better. Then you get Quincy on the court (and even though only a fresh we need his physicality) Marek and Sidibe. Gives you a chance to have the most size and defense at top of the zone. we don’t lose anything in terms of ball handling or guard play. What’s the negative?

Cuse

I agree. I think you have to at least try Eli at shooting guard. If your Not ready to change The starting lineup at least give it a try. Elijiah’s handle is just as good as Buddy and shooting and overall play is better. Then you get Quincy on the court (and even though only a fresh we need his physicality) Marek and Sidibe. Gives you a chance to have the most size and defense at top of the zone. we don’t lose anything in terms of ball handling or guard play. What’s the negative?

Cuse
The only negative I can think of is less shooters to space the floor.

Why did you quote that article? To show he had one decent game and one decent offer?

But you’re right, let buddy keep shooting away, don’t bench him. We might have ourselves a Doug Mcdermott type player eventually!
Shooters shoot so yes you actually do let Buddy keep shooting because he has a proven stroke and shots will start to fall eventually.

Shooters shoot

Shooters shoot so yes you actually do let Buddy keep shooting because he has a proven stroke and shots will start to fall eventually.

Shooters shoot
Don't be fooled into thinking this means shooters need to take bad shots.

Hell, Mookie Jones isn't sitting on the bench.

Don't be fooled into thinking this means shooters need to take bad shots.
Thank you for the warning I was just about to fall into that trap.

Hell, Mookie Jones isn't sitting on the bench.
Goodine is capable and we really need him. He is good and athletic and can shoot. He is just having a mental issue of some kind.

Thank you for the warning I was just about to fall into that trap.
giphy.gif

Braswell, Elijah, Edwards up front
Goodine and BB back court.

first off the bencch: guards: Howard.
frontcourt: Marek.

Theres no fix. The only potential we had was if carey ended up being able to break the defense down. Jb pushed him out like an idiot.

So now JB is pushing guys down and breaking thumbs?

The problem with the Buddy/JG3 combo it kills us defensively and rebounding (we really miss Jalen here).

Yes, Buddy shot 40% from 3 in the ACC, but that is mostly his only positive - when he plays the top of the zone for 35 minutes as opposed to 15-17 minutes, it’s gonna hurt. It’s one thing if Frank or Tyus are up there with him, they are long and played really well up there. But when both guards aren’t good, it’s brutal to watch

The problem with the Buddy/JG3 combo it kills us defensively and rebounding (we really miss Jalen here).

Yes, Buddy shot 40% from 3 in the ACC, but that is mostly his only positive - when he plays the top of the zone for 35 minutes as opposed to 15-17 minutes, it’s gonna hurt. It’s one thing if Frank or Tyus are up there with him, they are long and played really well up there. But when both guards aren’t good, it’s brutal to watch

Defense has been the least of our problems and KenPom pretty much points that out. Now rebounding is bad, but this is the worst the offense has ever been.

This team isn’t Buddy’s fault, no more than it’s Girard’s, Sidibe‘s etc. Mad at dad so blame his son? Who do you want there, Goodine, Washington? What player is there to replace him as an outside threat in these losses? He’s an easy, lazy target for fans. He played 29 minutes so he did sit. How can you target just one player, regardless if it’s Boeheim, Girard, Sidibe, Dolenzaj etc for this team’s issues?

Eh, he's a fairly large part of the problem...but you are correct, it's not his fault.

I was thinking the same about Marek. He seems to be the only one that can get Sid the ball so he can score. Maybe a little high low out there. He is good enough to get shooters the ball or to Sid. I also think he could take it to the rim.
he is not a center...point forward makes much more sense to me...

plus maybe that way it will force him to be assertive...something he couldn´t do otherwise...

he is too demure...but if you litterally made his position facilitator and driver etc...he would be FORCED to play to his own strengths...

im not convinced it would work...but at this point what would the harm be in experimenting?

his length at the top of the zone could be a nightmare...

he´d probably foul too much and turn the ballover too much...

but 34 points vs UVA is a bar that cannot be lowered.

I'd like to see:

Washington
Hughes
Quincy
Marek
Edwards

That might be our best defensive team and our best chance at winning.

buddy is plenty big for up top. Hes a step alow laterally.

Girard
Hughes
Guerrier
Marek
Sidibe

Buddy is the 6th man and receives sixth man minutes

Goodine is the 7th man
Washington and Edwards only play when necessary.

Braswell needs to improve on defense and boarding imo.

I'd like to see:

Washington
Hughes
Quincy
Marek
Edwards

That might be our best defensive team and our best chance at winning.
I don’t think Washington is good at defense. He constantly makes mistakes

I don’t think Washington is good at defense. He constantly makes mistakes

His competition at guard isn't either. He's also shooting better than the others too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom