List Next Year's Rotation | Syracusefan.com

List Next Year's Rotation

IthacaMatt

Old Timer / Unofficial Contributor for 25+ years
Since we've got pieces of this idea on a number of threads on this and the recruiting page, this might be a good place to gather them all together, or to start a new round of "BS"ing.

My take, pending us adding another big man (for obvious reasons looking below) in the Spring.

At the beginning of the season, these guys will get chances through December:

Guards:
Jalen Carey
Brycen Goodine
Buddy Boeheim
Joe Girard

Forwards:
Oshae Brissett
Eli Hughes
Quincy Guerrier
Rob Braswell

Centers:
Marek Dolezaj
Bourama Sidibe
Jon Bol Ajok

As we get to ACC Ball, these 8 guys will see the most minutes:

Jalen Carey
Brycen Goodine
Buddy Boeheim
Oshae Brissett
Eli Hughes
Quincy Guerrier
Marek Dolezaj
Bourama Sidibe

Of course, if we add a center, it has to be somebody who is good enough to start.
Our center position is distressing right now.

If we do get a decent center off the transfer wire, then Goodine might be the 9th guy because Eli can play guard.

Last edited:
We need a PG that's a real PG (who can handle against pressure, penetrate and create shots for others) and stop the parade of off guards with good athleticism but weak handle who we hope to teach to be a PG. JB is just stuck on this ever since MCW. It worked one time.

We need a PG that's a real PG (who can handle against pressure, penetrate and create shots for others) and stop the parade of off guards with good athleticism but weak handle who we hope to teach to be a PG. JB is just stuck on this ever since MCW. It worked one time.

That was supposed to be Quade Green. I guess we'll see when he plays for Hop next season (with about 4 more of our former recruits).

Since we've got pieces of this idea on a number of threads on this and the recruiting page, this might be a good place to gather them all together, or to start a new round of "BS"ing.

My take, pending us adding another big man (for obvious reasons looking below) in the Spring.

At the beginning of the season, these guys will get chances through December:

Guards:
Jalen Carey
Brycen Goodine
Buddy Boeheim
Joe Girard

Forwards:
Oshae Brissett
Eli Hughes
Quincy Guerrier
Rob Braswell

Centers:
Marek Dolezaj
Bourama Sidibe
Jon Bol Ajok

As we get to ACC Ball, these 8 guys will see the most minutes:

Jalen Carey
Brycen Goodine
Buddy Boeheim
Oshae Brissett
Eli Hughes
Quincy Guerrier
Marek Dolezaj
Bourama Sidibe

Of course, if we add a center, it has to be somebody who is good enough to start.
Our center position is distressing right now.

If we do get a decent center off the transfer wire, then Goodine might be the 9th guy because Eli can play guard.
Except our first game is vs Virginia

Buddy and Hughes start for sure. Not sure about the rest of the team. Is Oshae back? What about Braswell?

Carey
Buddy
Hughes
O'Shea
Some center

Girard
Goodine
Guerrier
Marek

Braswell

cant eliminate anybody this early from the rotation.

joe g has a legit shot if he can transition to pg

bras potentially adds a huge athleticism factor.

ajok has potential to add a new o dimension at the five.

on paper will it be the least talented team we have had in a while? I mean who had buddy starting as a sophomore.

You think everyone’s leaving. You posted that about Carey from his quotes in that interview.

No I don’t think he is. Not sold he starts though. KCSU was the poster who didn’t like his answer in the interview.

8 ppg and 41% from 3 in ACC play. That’s really good for a freshman.
let me change the question. buddy's stats as a freshman are fine, especially when you consider that our ACC schedule was trash. is buddy a net positive against duke, unc, and virginia? those are the teams we need to beat to be relevant.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom