List Next Year's Rotation | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

List Next Year's Rotation

Hughes is averaging something like 14 points a game and is our leading outside shooter. Certainly he's a starter next year.

He just might be our only returning starter too.

Buddy’s ball handling was fine as a frosh and will just get better. If you divide 80 by 3, you get just under 27 minutes. If you look at the 3 guards you think will divide playing time, Buddy has by far the most experience and is the only one who has proven he can excel in ACC play.

I think it is naive to think Carey, who was clearly completely overmatched as a frosh, and Goodine, who has never played in a college game, are going to get the same or more playing time than Buddy. Did you read what I wrote? Did you even watch the games this season? Buddy had a really good frosh season. And it wasn’t just because of his outstanding outside shooting. He shot 56% inside the 3 point circle.

We will find out soon enough.

You wrote that you think Buddy will start and play 35 minutes a game.

I just don't see that. My point was that even Andy Rautins as a senior didn't play that many minutes; we rotated two younger guards who were more athletic - Scoop and Brandon Triche. They both played a little over 20 minutes a game, and Mookie Jones got 10 minutes off the bench as a designated shooer.

That's how I see next year. Three guard rotation with Girard as the 10 minute guy / 4th guard who can give you extra 3 point shooting.

I always thought you were a much more knowledgeable poster about football than hoops, no offense intended. I'll be shocked if Buddy starts and plays 35 as a soph. He's not the finished product yet. By his junior year, I could agree with that, but I'd be awfully surprised if JB puts that much responsibility on him next year.

Carey 25
Buddy 25
Goodine 20
Girard 10

Carey 25
Buddy 25
Goodine 20
Girard 10

That's about how I see it, too. And that works really well; not too much pressure on any one guy, give them all a chance to grow.

The question will be, does the 4th guard get dropped for Eli later in the season. And what will our center position look like?

If we're too crowded at forward, one of the young guards is going to lose time. But we need to have adequate cover at center without using Marek there.

If we get a starting center late, or if Brissett returns, Eli is going to play a decent amount at guard, and probably Goodine and maybe Girard get bumped to the bench by ACC / tournament season.

Buddy’s ball handling was fine as a frosh and will just get better. If you divide 80 by 3, you get just under 27 minutes. If you look at the 3 guards you think will divide playing time, Buddy has by far the most experience and is the only one who has proven he can excel in ACC play.

I think it is naive to think Carey, who was clearly completely overmatched as a frosh, and Goodine, who has never played in a college game, are going to get the same or more playing time than Buddy. Did you read what I wrote? Did you even watch the games this season? Buddy had a really good frosh season. And it wasn’t just because of his outstanding outside shooting. He shot 56% inside the 3 point circle.

We will find out soon enough.

I think Buddy is our second most valuable player *this* year and, at times, our second best player behind Battle.

But his handle is terrible. Not average, not spotty, it’s bad even as a frosh.

That’s why JC has to make the leap next year. Buddy shouldn’t be handling the ball a lot. He needs to be our Klay Thompson. JC will be the key to unlock all of our shooters. And judging JC off of the joke of what his minutes were this year isn’t fair.

Buddy is on track to do great things here, but his dribbling is an absolute liability right now.

Oshae can go overseas and make tons of money! Not sure what your looking at!
He can't shoot, however I think if he stays and works hard he will eventually have a professional career.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom