List Next Year's Rotation | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

List Next Year's Rotation

Wow really had to dig deep in your memory for that one.

One of my negative nelly SU friends texted me “get Buddy out, he can’t get his shot off against teams like this”, 5 minutes into the game.

Can’t really get my response by the filters. But needless to say, Buddy did just fine against Duke. He can get his shot off fine, off the catch. That’s not all on him. And he’s getting a lot better at developing an off the dribble game too. He’s improved as much in one season as anyone I can think of.

He’s gotta pull the trigger with confidence, which he does really well for a freshman IMO, but he’s not perfect. But he’s not Jordan or Kobe or Carmelo where you get him the ball first and say “get your shot off”.

It’s a team effort. He knows how to get open within the context of other guys doing their job and making smart basketball plays.

Once everybody settled in a bit, he got open and he made shots.

Buddy just had 15 points on 5-9 shooting against Duke yesterday.
in a double digit loss, i'm talking about winning games against the top level teams not putting up stats in losses, cmon.

in a double digit loss, i'm talking about winning games against the top level teams not putting up stats in losses, cmon.

Oh, it was one of the guys that played good’s fault that we lost?

Cmon.

And it wasn’t just “putting up stats”. He was hitting big shots to pull us even in the second half, against a team with 3 lottery picks.

Oh, it was one of the guys that played good’s fault that we lost?

Cmon.

And it wasn’t just “putting up stats”. He was hitting big shots to pull us even in the second half, against a team with 3 lottery picks.
a team with 3 lottery picks that we have to figure out a way to beat, or else we continue to be mediocre. buddy made a few shots against a good team and we got blown out. if buddy is the hope going foward that is scary. if we are doing the thing that we are building around buddy as a senior than we might as well be a mid-major.

a team with 3 lottery picks that we have to figure out a way to beat, or else we continue to be mediocre. buddy made a few shots against a good team and we got blown out. if buddy is the hope going foward that is scary. if we are doing the thing that we are building around buddy as a senior than we might as well be a mid-major.

Blown out? Seriously? That was a “blow out”?

Yeah, I don’t think we can talk about basketball and get anywhere.

By the way, we did beat them this year.

so stuck on it that he has invested time and effort recruiting tyler ennis, kaleb joseph, quade green and jaylen carey
Ennis was a great get, the last true PG we had. Joesph was a dud, green we didn't get, and Carey was not a PG most of his HS career.

i think buddy's upside is colin falls. do you guys see him as better than that?

Ennis was a great get, the last true PG we had. Joesph was a dud, green we didn't get, and Carey was not a PG most of his HS career.
You missed the point he was making. You insisted JB only recruits MCW-style tall and lengthy PGs, and he showed you that you’re wrong. Quade was just 6 foot and a pure PG. Ennis was a pure PG and just 6foot3.

carey does possess handle. the rock is a yoyo in his hand and he does have speed. press breaker.

i think buddy's upside is colin falls. do you guys see him as better than that?

Yes. Considering he’s already better than him as a freshman. Might want to check his stats the last half of ACC play.

We lost to Duke because Zion scores 29 points and missed zero shots against our bigs. Buddy is a big???

We’ve got 5 guards. I don’t see us bringing in another one at this point. Unless 2 guys leave.
Doesn’t matter if we have 50 guards if none of them are true points.

Girard is a better basketball player than Carey. Carey is a better athlete, but not a better player. They should both play. Girard can play both guard positions. He will find a way on the court. He’s a better passer than anyone on our current team. He can see the floor. He will have to crank up his intensity on defense. He will occasionally take a charge, but his idea of defense is standing still with his arms up. If he doesn’t play it will be his lack of intensity on defense. He does stand around a lot. Not much movement after he gives up the ball, but the kid can shoot.

on paper will it be the least talented team we have had in a while? I mean who had buddy starting as a sophomore.

On paper, anyway, our most talented recent team was the Andrew White, Tyler Lydon team. That group was 2 deep at every position with a quality player. They just never gelled as a unit.

I assume Battle is gone.

I don't know about Brissett. I don't see how he's played well enough to springboard into becoming a pro, but he pretty clearly had planned to be a 2 year guy.

I'd go Jalen and Buddy as starters at guard. One of Howard Washington or Goodine sees regular minutes. Girard takes on the mantle of sparingly used white guy reserve that the fans go nuts for.

Hughes and Brissett remain your forward combo. Guerrier comes off the bench. Braswell is high end emergency depth. He's the biggest beneficiary if Brissett goes, because he'd slide in as the backup forward and Guerrier becomes a starter.

Marek is the starting 5. Sidibe plays when knees permit. Bol Ajak plays when Sidibe's knees don't permit.

You get to an 8 man rotation, with one guard, one forward and one center, but sometimes who that is shifts around a little.

Since we've got pieces of this idea on a number of threads on this and the recruiting page, this might be a good place to gather them all together, or to start a new round of "BS"ing.

My take, pending us adding another big man (for obvious reasons looking below) in the Spring.

At the beginning of the season, these guys will get chances through December:

Guards:
Jalen Carey
Brycen Goodine
Buddy Boeheim
Joe Girard

Forwards:
Oshae Brissett
Eli Hughes
Quincy Guerrier
Rob Braswell

Centers:
Marek Dolezaj
Bourama Sidibe
Jon Bol Ajok

As we get to ACC Ball, these 8 guys will see the most minutes:

Jalen Carey
Brycen Goodine
Buddy Boeheim
Oshae Brissett
Eli Hughes
Quincy Guerrier
Marek Dolezaj
Bourama Sidibe

Of course, if we add a center, it has to be somebody who is good enough to start.
Our center position is distressing right now.

If we do get a decent center off the transfer wire, then Goodine might be the 9th guy because Eli can play guard.
Where’s Battle?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom