List Next Year's Rotation | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

List Next Year's Rotation

Carey/Washington/Girard. Goodine
Buddy/Goodine/Girard
Hughes/Guerrier/Buddy
Oshae/Marek/Guerrier
Marek/Sidibe/JBA

Marek’s gotta progress in the offseason as I can see a scorer surpassing him and outrebounding him. Could also see Sidibe being surpassed.

I think Girard may be hard to keep off the court, though he’ll have to adjust to constant P5 ball pressure.

Goodine’s a young stud, wouldnt be surprised to see him earn time.

Don’t know enough about Guerrier other than he has college size already.

I left Braswell out on purpose. Genuinely know idea how or where he’ll fit in, other than I know he will.

1- Carey/Goodine
2- Buddy/Goodine
3- Hughes/Guerrier
4- Guerrier/Dolezaj
5- Sidibe/Dolezaj

8th man- Braswell

Bench depth- Girard/JBA/Washington

1- Carey/Goodine
2- Buddy/Goodine
3- Hughes/Guerrier
4- Guerrier/Dolezaj
5- Sidibe/Dolezaj

8th man- Braswell

Interesting...

Twice. Gbinije worked too.
Worked at what? The Gbinije and Cooney offense was one of the worst in memory. The only thing it worked at was having a ball dominating guard who struggled to penetrate a packed D or create opportunities for this teammates or create any tempo.

At least he was good at D.

I think Brissett declares, but I don’t think he gets an invite to the NBA camp. He will have a decision to make.

I don't mind moving him on, honestly. He underachieved this year, and somebody like Braswell (and of course, Guerrier) may have a higher upside.

Colin Falls College Stats | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

12, 14 and 15 ppg his last three years. What a scrub.
Buddy has had a really interesting freshman season. He got off to a poor start but found his groove around the time conference play began, when the opposition got markedly tougher, and thrived from that point forward.

Check out his stats in conference play. They are impressive:

2P%: .560
3P%: .407

That would make give him the 3rd best 2P% in the conference, only behind Zion and Elijah Thomas of Clemson. That is an extraordinary percentage for a guard.

His 3P% would be good for 3rd best in the ACC, behind Cam Johnson and Kyle Guy. The thing that is scary is that as time goes on, his percentages keep going higher and higher.

He only played 16.3 mpg in conference play, which was probably too little. Let’s assume he doubles that to 32.6 mpg next season, which is pretty conservative, doesn’t improve at all and gets no bump from playing weaker competition out of conference. If you do that, Buddy’s projected averages per game next year would be 15.2 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 1.2 spg and 1.4 apg.

We almost surely lose both starting guards. Anyone who thinks Buddy is not going to start, with this level of production, is kind of insane. Buddy is destined to break a lot of records during his career here. Who would have thunk it?

Making the final four.
Making the final four didn’t meant we had a good offense. The post I responded to claimed MBG at point worked to create a good offense. I merely disagreed with that... the final four run was built on the D not the O.

Last edited:
1- Carey/Goodine
2- Buddy/Goodine
3- Hughes/Guerrier
4- Guerrier/Dolezaj
5- Sidibe/Dolezaj

8th man- Braswell

That’s how I se it too. Unless we get a grad transfer big.

Don’t see goodine and Guerrier being kept off the court. Goodine is better than Carey right now and I think Guerrier will be our best player next year!

1- Carey/Goodine
2- Buddy/Goodine
3- Hughes/Guerrier
4- Guerrier/Dolezaj
5- Sidibe/Dolezaj

8th man- Braswell

Girard gets more run than that

That’s how I se it too. Unless we get a grad transfer big.

If OB leaves it will be particularly disappointing. He has underwhelmed this season undoubtedly, but he could be a strong contributor as an upperclassmen. The program needs the stability of its core players to remain competitive. As frustrating as he has been this year, he would be one of our top and most important players next year. Furthermore, he's got literally a 0% chance of getting drafted.

Last edited:
1- Carey/Goodine
2- Buddy/Goodine
3- Hughes/Guerrier
4- Guerrier/Dolezaj
5- Sidibe/Dolezaj

8th man- Braswell

so no one else thinks that going into next year with this lineup is concerning.

and in fairness i thought comparing buddy to colin falls was a good thing it wasnt meant to be a dig

I think Brissett declares, but I don’t think he gets an invite to the NBA camp. He will have a decision to make.
If you don't get an invite there really isn't much of a decision.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom