Little 10 | Syracusefan.com

Little 10

Big 10 has one ‘ship in the past 30 years. Still pathetic if you give them Maryland.

I have caught a lot of crap here in Iowa all year because I kept telling people I thought that Iowa was a Sweet16 team...I guess I was wrong after all.

Based on the metrics they deserved the teams and seedings they got. But it doesn't always play out come tourney time and this isn't necessarily only for B10. The seedings this year were probably impacted by less OOC data points.

Similar to when the Big East had 11 teams (or many teams) it didn't perform that well in the tournament either (thanks in large part to continual chokers Pitt, Georgetown and Notre Dame). They did win the title because of Storrs but in general there was over expectations as well in a one and done tournament.

If you look at the B10 they have 3 programs that have consistently performed at or above expectation in the tournament the past 20 years -- Michigan St, Michigan, Wisconsin. But the rest of the conference in general fades on the big stage.

The same could be said about the ACC

ACC was never seen as one of the best conferences this year. Lots of lower seed level teams but only two protected seeds. Weaker bubble as a whole helped.

There were expectations that the Big 10 would have 3 teams in the FF. ACC was not supposed to have any teams make the S16. Cannot compare the 2 conferences.
What?

Embarrassing bad results. The whole country was duped into thinking the league was fantastic and beat up on each other. But the committee can't seed Ohio St as a #2 seed or Purdue as a 4 seed with 10 losses.
Michigan deserved a 1 seed, but the other 8 teams had 86 losses. Thats almost 11 loses each. And now they have to have Sister Jean say a prayer that they have a single team make the sweet 16. And 5 of them got to play double digit seeds. That and a bad ACC only lost the challenge by one. Real bad basketball by an absolutely overrated league.

Really hoping for LSU to win and Maryland. Just so Maryland gets smoked in sweet 16 and last big ten team is an ACC exile

Big 10 has one ‘ship in the past 30 years. Still pathetic if you give them Maryland.
Which you can't. I always get a laugh when they say the Acc has won whatever of the past 20 championships and try to use us in their stats.

I was impressed by Oregon they looked really good.

This year the Big Ten reminds me when 10 years the Big East struggled in the tourney after getting 11 bids. Sadly it came down to Storrs winning it all to defend the conference's reputation

Big 10 officially sucks. Way overrated and over seeded.

True pretty much every year, in my opinion. Big 10 always sucks, always overrated - football and hoops.

This year, though, it's truly surprising how poorly the ACC has performed. So I suppose we shouldn't throw stones.

But we still ballin'!

True pretty much every year, in my opinion. Big 10 always sucks, always overrated - football and hoops.

This year, though, it's truly surprising how poorly the ACC has performed. So I suppose we shouldn't throw stones.

But we still ballin'!

The Big Ten can't win the big one, but they have had 16 Final Four Teams in the past 20 tournaments. (not including Maryland). which is the best of any conference. They just can't win it. As I said above Michigan, Michigan St, Wisconsin have all been good tournament programs which have keyed that total of 16.

ACC has 15.
SEC has 11
Big 12 has 10
Big East (pre split) had 10 in 13 years.

Not shedding a tear that they are struggling however.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom