Local eats | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Local eats

Doesn’t anyone go out to eat anymore? JeremyCuse , weren’t you at the York recently? Whatyathink?

Happen to catch this as the tag didn't alert me.

Yes was just there yesterday, food was really good. App was so/so but both the pasta dishes we got were extremely good. Wife had the short rib ravioli and I had the Calabrian Rigate which was excellent. We don't normally do dessert but they had have some good opti9ns like a smores skillet, a stm Patrick's cheesecake and a few others, brownie sundae was good.

They had some other interesting apps desserts and drinks that I'd like to try. Vibe is different for Amrory but in a good way. Little pricey but not crazy.

was working in the mohawk valley last summer. some of the best eats were TAILOR and COOK and Ocean Blue utica. Symeons new hartford. Upstate and BOCCA cooperstown.(practically neighbors) the Bella Vista and my good friends at the CANAL SIDE in little falls.

was working in the mohawk valley last summer. some of the best eats were TAILOR and COOK and Ocean Blue utica. Symeons new hartford. Upstate and BOCCA cooperstown.(practically neighbors) the Bella Vista and my good friends at the CANAL SIDE in little falls.
I dont know the other ones, but those first 3 you named are 3 really good ones.

Symeon’s is great

Eva’s in Solvay is just spectacular.

The Daily Diner in Manlius is a hit

Keep trying Avicolli’s in Fayetteville but nothings wowwed me yet for dinner. Lunch is very good

Did Valentines Dinner at 317 on Montgomery. Food was great and the owner’s the man.

My brother-in-law is friends with the Ocean Blue owner. Really good restaurant. One of the best in CNY.

They will be reopening in a bigger space at some point, is what I understand. We got to it before it closed. Best brisket sandwich I ever had! Look forward to their new location
Oburg might be headed up your way again this spring.

My brother-in-law is friends with the Ocean Blue owner. Really good restaurant. One of the best in CNY.
right across the way from the doubletree where i was staying. here's the thing...head's up it's credit card only. i only had cash and was reluctantly told that it's ok today but expect no change. great oyster selection and great rooftop deck.

Enjoy. I moved a year ago
sorry i didn't realize you'd been moved from the psych center. i won't toss any more perch sammiches over the fence. so where are you currently committed ?

(BTW jackie vee still a goddess)

Last edited:
If you are near Utica just go to Bella Regina and thank me later. Their riggies are tiers above anybody else's. The meatball appetizer with garlic bread never misses.

I would eat there once a week if I wouldn't gain 100 pounds.

Looks like Saint Urban has expanded upstairs into the old Stout Beard spot.

659C0403-7DD8-474A-8A7E-51A72294C750.png

Symeon’s is great
Symeons is very good. IMO, Zeina’s on Varick is better. Smaller place with incredible food & a warm atmosphere. The owners Albert & Layla will treat you as family right down to the complimentary coffee. I get a gyro nearly every week.

Symeons is very good. IMO, Zeina’s on Varick is better. Smaller place but incredible family, food, & atmosphere. The owners Albert & Layla will treat you as family right down to the complimentary coffee.
Will have to try on my next trip through Utica!

Calamari, lobster tail and prime rib at Daniella’s Seafood and Pasta tonight. As good of a steak as I’ve had up here in a long time.

I’m always game for a good prime rib. Should I get bank financing for this meal?
Little under $400 for five of us but everyone got an app or salad and two of us added a lobster tail to our steaks.

Only ridiculous thing was a $16 shrimp cocktail that had THREE shrimp haha