LOL at triche | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

LOL at triche

Status
Not open for further replies.
My kingdom for Eric Devendorf for the rest of the year

Southerland has a bit of devos cocky attitude, what I would do to give Triche a fraction of it

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Southerland has a bit of devos cocky attitude, what I would do to give Triche a fraction of it

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Unfortunately, JS still hasn't learned how to dribble

He peaked as a senior in high school. Complete regression through college

Triche played really poorly today and that's certainly nothing unusual as of late, but this is dumb. He clearly cares. Works harder than anyone and never dogs it. The idea that he's given up is preposterous.

I don't like criticizing SU players.

But for a 4-year point guard to throw two in-bounds passes to the opposition in a game like this (One meant for Fair the other for MCW) is just unforgivable.

It's not that Triche is dumb, or un-athletic or doesn't care. Its that his instincts for the game are weak. After all these games, he still constantly makes bad decisions on play after play.

I don't like criticizing SU players.

But for a 4-year point guard to throw two in-bounds passes to the opposition in a game like this (One meant for Fair the other for MCW) is just unforgivable.

It's not that Triche is dumb, or un-athletic or doesn't care. Its that his instincts for the game are weak. After all these games, he still constantly makes bad decisions on play after play.

Agreed on your first and last points. Feel bad for Triche and don't want to harp on his poor play.

But you're right - he does care (more than we do) and he is talented. He's not, as is often reported, inconsistent. He's a pretty consistent poor decision-maker, has been for four years. Too mechanical a player and not terribly instinctive.

Also thought the blame on the late inbound should go about 15% to Triche and 85% to Mike - Triche threw it to the wrong shoulder, but Mike just didn't catch the ball. It was right there to be had (hell, the Louisville kid whose back was to the play was able to make the catch).

Why JS is dribbling into the foul circle amongst all those players is a complete mystery to me.

I don't know either, but that begs another question - why is JS, as a senior SF, stil not a passable ball handler?

He makes Elvir Ovcina look like Pistol Pete.

And he keeps giving up these ridiculous threes - yeah, leave Hancock open - brilliant!!!!
Triche's playing loose on Hancock, plus his turnovers, sealed the deal.

I don't know either, but that begs another question - why is JS, as a senior SF, stil not a passable ball handler?

He makes Elvir Ovcina look like Pistol Pete.

Because he just isn't. He's a one dimensional player that is in there for his shooting offense.

I said the same thing after the MU game and got my thread deleted.

Triche's body language out there is horrific. He's constantly hanging his head and doesn't go at 100%

That play in the MU game where he buried his head in the padding of the goal post was the most pathetic thing I have ever seen. The look of a quitter.

Triche's playing loose on Hancock, plus his turnovers, sealed the deal.

That's something that deserves more attention.

If there's one guy on Louisville who you want to cheat up on, isn't it Hancock? What's the disadvantage to playing up on him, knocking him off his spot? He's not going to drive by a guard.

Frustrating.

Because he just isn't. He's a one dimensional player that is in there for his shooting offense.

That seems like a skill that can be taught.

Kind of like low post moves, and FT shooting...

That seems like a skill that can be taught.

Kind of like low post moves, and FT shooting...

Why bother to spend that kind of time giving a player a skill that you really don't want them using. The guy's 6'8".

And on teaching free throws. That one made me laugh. How long have you been watching SU?

If we had been able to teach free throw shooting, we'd have a bunch more championships under our belt ... including the 1987 one in which Uncle Howard missed some.

I think I'm more frustrated with JB for not benching him. A guy playing that bad does not deserve to play all 20 minutes in the second half. I don't care if a walk on comes on the court that kind of play should not be rewarded.

Yes, this is BT's season. It's also James' season and CJ's season. There's 10 guys out there who are more frustrated with this than us. It sucks for them and I feel really bad for those guys.

Why bother to spend that kind of time giving a player a skill that you really don't want them using. The guy's 6'8".

And on teaching free throws. That one made me laugh. How long have you been watching SU?

If we had been able to teach free throw shooting, we'd have a bunch more championships under our belt ... including the 1987 one in which Uncle Howard missed some.

He's a SF, and the team has no guard depth, so maybe him being able to handle the ball would have been helpful.

Laugh about FTs all you want, but missed FTs cost us 2 games this year. How many FTs do the players shoot each practice?

He's a SF, and the team has no guard depth, so maybe him being able to handle the ball would have been helpful.

Laugh about FTs all you want, but missed FTs cost us 2 games this year. How many FTs do the players shoot each practice?

You must be a new SU fan if you don't understand why a suggestion to improve SU foul shooting is seen as ludicrous.

SU has had the foul shooting problem for decades. And they have done everything they could to correct it in many players including bringing in special coaches and even a hypnotist?

Of course, they practice foul shooting. Of course, they coach technique.

And JS was dribbling that ball in the key. How many 6'8" guys can dribble the ball in the key? ... except maybe Magic Johnson, Larry Bird and Carmelo Anthony.

You must be a new SU fan if you don't understand why a suggestion to improve SU foul shooting is seen as ludicrous.

SU has had the foul shooting problem for decades. And they have done everything they could to correct it in many players including bringing in special coaches and even a hypnotist?

Of course, they practice foul shooting. Of course, they coach technique.

And JS was dribbling that ball in the key. How many 6'8" guys can dribble the ball in the key? ... except maybe Magic Johnson, Larry Bird and Carmelo Anthony.

Yes, I'm a new fan, because I disagree with you. How many FTs does each player shoot in practice?

Ryan Blackwell & Todd Burgan could handle the ball.

As I've said since the GT game, Brandon Triche is having the worst senior season from any SU guard in our history.

Awful. Just awful. No excuses for his play today.
Mike Edwards

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Yes, I'm a new fan, because I disagree with you. How many FTs does each player shoot in practice?

Ryan Blackwell & Todd Burgan could handle the ball.

How would I know how many FT's they take in practice? How many should they take? If they take as many as Duke does, I am fine, because they never miss a foul shot.

You are suggesting , I guess, that the SU coaching staff is so dumb that you need to tell them what they need to emphasize more based on your watching games on TV while munching popcorn?

If you don't know the historic problem SU has had with foul shooting, you must be a new fan. To suggest this could have been corrected by more emphasis in practice is a very, very strange position to take.

How would I know how many FT's they take in practice? How many should they take? If they take as many as Duke does, I am fine, because they never miss a foul shot.

You are suggesting , I guess, that the SU coaching staff is so dumb that you need to tell them what they need to emphasize more based on your watching games on TV while munching popcorn?

If you don't know the historic problem SU has had with foul shooting, you must be a new fan. To suggest this could have been corrected by more emphasis in practice is a very, very strange position to take.

In short, your response is an iteration of the tired and idiotic "JB has won 900+ games. How many have you won?" mantra.

I think I'm more frustrated with JB for not benching him. A guy playing that bad does not deserve to play all 20 minutes in the second half. I don't care if a walk on comes on the court that kind of play should not be rewarded.

Yes, this is BT's season. It's also James' season and CJ's season. There's 10 guys out there who are more frustrated with this than us. It sucks for them and I feel really bad for those guys.

Great post and my group constantly talks about this. If any other player in the past 37 years played this poorly with all these bonehead plays they definitely would be sitting on the bench, but not BT. I just don't understand why he leaves Brandon in games when he is struggling so much. BT is not treated the same as everyone else. I don't get it and it's not just because he's a senior, BT has always had a long leash.

In short, your response is an iteration of the tired and idiotic "JB has won 900+ games. How many have you won?" mantra.
What I find "tired and idiotic" are the completely predictable complaints and suggestions from typical fans.

You can set your watch by them. They are vapid and learned from commentators.

So, do tell, what are the posters here allowed to discuss that won't offend your delicate sensibilities?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom