LOL at triche | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

LOL at triche

Status
Not open for further replies.
You give way to much credit to Boeheim. In 72-73 SU was ranked #13, 73-74 #15, 74-75 (Final Four) ranked #6, 75-76 ranked #20. Before Boeheim took over, SU went to the tourney for 4 straight years back when only 32 teams were invited - hardly backwater. Govenor Carey's funding off the Dome, the advent of the Big East & ESPN are what elevated SU's program on the national map. Danforth's decision to go to Tulane is arguable one of the dumbest coaching moves off all-time but stop making the case that Boeheim built this program from scrap. He was just in the right place at the right time.

Right place, a really, really cold and snowy industrial city...while guys have failed in New York, Boston, DC, Philly, Miami and LA and major state Us over and over and over. I am not saying he's Zeus but I really doubt you'll see another guy mean as much to one program.

It's not everyone elses fault that he can't shoot dribble or defend

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Triche or mcw?

It applies to both.

Hell, toss in cooney too.

I'll just ignore the pathetic 3, 4 & 5 spots.

I believe JB's given BT a long leash over the years because he foresaw this season coming. This season we needed a senior guard/leader to be our bedrock. JB has done everything he can to prepare BT for this moment. It was a good plan but BT hasn't become the player we need. We have no better options. If we do well in the post-season it's only if BT makes it happen. It can be no other way. Unless you think MCW is going to carry us to the promised land.

Those saying JB should bench BT are asking for who to lead this team? Who?

well i'm sure glad jb is coaching and not handling my 401k if that was his rock solid planning.
i'd have to sit outside in the cold ticket lines just for free donuts.

I too believe that JB did not coach this game well and that Triche had a very bad game...but for this one game, there are probably hundreds JB has coached well and tens of games that Triche has played well also...but please:
STOP THE MADNESS...I am embarrassed that most of you have gone along with this thread...this is a in bball game...a bball conference. It is not the end of the world. It even isnt the end of 'Cuse in the NCAA. The venom as assinine postings in this thread only demonstrates the curious status of those who have never played a Division 1 bball game...because you have neither the athleitc ability and or mental toughness to do so...
As someone who is not politically correct, I will defend your silly comments in this thread and remind you that to then attribute star status to Triche in any of the last two games of the regular season; any game in BE tournament; any game in the NCAA's would be rediculous. Triche is trying...perhaps he is not as good as we hoped he would be...but than that falls on us (and I do not need a source to tell me this)!

You give way to much credit to Boeheim. In 72-73 SU was ranked #13, 73-74 #15, 74-75 (Final Four) ranked #6, 75-76 ranked #20. Before Boeheim took over, SU went to the tourney for 4 straight years back when only 32 teams were invited - hardly backwater. Govenor Carey's funding off the Dome, the advent of the Big East & ESPN are what elevated SU's program on the national map. Danforth's decision to go to Tulane is arguable one of the dumbest coaching moves off all-time but stop making the case that Boeheim built this program from scrap. He was just in the right place at the right time.

SU was a backwater. I was on campus for much of it in the late 60's and early 70"s. It was a huge deal when we got on TV against Penn State in a Regional game, During the 1960's team like Princeton were a bigger deal.

Other Big East schools (BC, Villanova, St John's, etc. had the same opportunity. They just didn't have Boeheim. And, versus the other teams in the Big East, Syracuse has by far the worst location for recruiting basketball players.

The difference between what SU has to offer outside of the gym and these other schools is huge. Georgetown has M Street. SU has what, Marshall Street? and 160 inches of snow. Georgetown has Howard University for the players social lives. Syracuse has what?

St Johns, Georgetown, Villanova and even BC had huge local areas near their campus with dozens of D1 recruits. Syracuse has what?

You aren't giving Boeheim the credit he deserves. He had the worst location. The worst weather. The fewest number of local prospects. And a long list of other handicaps. He did more with what he had than any of the others over a sustained period.

so yes according to your lore boeheim basically inherited a final four team and has done pretty well since.
don't really get all the backwater stuff at all. we already were pretty damn good.

Triche or mcw?

It applies to both.

Hell, toss in cooney too.

I'll just ignore the pathetic 3, 4 & 5 spots.
Must suck to have the uncontrollable compulsion to be contrarian. Forces you to take crazy stances when there is an obvious consensus that cj fair has been good. "Nope, pathetic"

Must suck to have the uncontrollable compulsion to be contrarian. Forces you to take crazy stances when there is an obvious consensus that cj fair has been good. "Nope, pathetic"

not really.

fair is good at his role. which is...dont play D, dont move on O, and when the ball gets to you...dont miss that 6 footer.

i dont think anyone here is calling for fair to put the team on his shoulders and lead them. and you know what, that is a problem. hes our best player and nobody expects him to take us far. all they do is look at triche and see him struggling to pick up his game. which clearly, JB asked him to do.

the reason...everyone else cant.

not really.

fair is good at his role. which is...dont play D, dont move on O, and when the ball gets to you...dont miss that 6 footer.

i dont think anyone here is calling for fair to put the team on his shoulders and lead them. and you know what, that is a problem. hes our best player and nobody expects him to take us far. all they do is look at triche and see him struggling to pick up his game. which clearly, JB asked him to do, the reason...everyone else cant.

I think that's the point that so many have trouble getting their heads around ... maybe because they don't want to get their heads around it. It's more fun for them to imagine what a player ought to be able to do, in their minds, and then to complain when the player can't reach that level.

We have had suggestions on here that Keita gain 30 lbs of muscle and that Southerland learn to dribble like a Globetrotter.

Each of these players --- in the short and even the long term --- have top stops on what they can do. Especially what they can do consistently. We have seen what Triche can do. And what he cannot do is to carry this team on his back. He is good when the team is hitting on all cylinders with lots of other players contributing. But when you take these pieces away, he really is not good enough to carry the team. He makes all sorts of bad decisions under pressure.

By the way, he's been making those bad decisions throughout games for four years. But when we win --- as we usually do --- people tend to forget about them. He makes more of them under pressure. Just like most people.

We have had suggestions on here that Keita gain 30 lbs of muscle and that Southerland learn to dribble like a Globetrotter.

no we haven't. are you and moqui in a contest where you're graded on the ability to generate bullsh!t exaggerations at maximum pomposity? If so, you are both hall of famers

not really.

i dont think anyone here is calling for fair to put the team on his shoulders and lead them. and you know what, that is a problem. hes our best player and nobody expects him to take us far. all they do is look at triche and see him struggling to pick up his game. which clearly, JB asked him to do.

the reason...everyone else cant.

fair gets free on offense. triche ignores him too much

triche-fair-o.gif

no we haven't. are you and moqui in a contest where you're graded on the ability to generate bullsh!t exaggerations at maximum pomposity? If so, you are both hall of famers

OK ... I exaggerated.

But there was one long post bemoaning SU's overall failure to put weight and muscle on players (strength and conditioning coach repeatedly mentioned) And there were several posters who thought that Southerland's foray into the key wasn't a bad judgement on the part of the player, but rather was just another failure on the part of the coaching staff that of teaching this guy how to dribble in traffic.

fair gets free on offense. triche ignores him too much

triche-fair-o.gif

That's actually one of the changes JB tried on Saturday. Fair had many more chances ... and many more misses.

That's actually one of the changes JB tried on Saturday. Fair had many more chances ... and many more misses.
9-20 is triches fault. its acutally not bad considering the rest of the squad.

We constantly have posts about players "developing" or what they should be doing but are unable to do. People talk about Southerland doing more than the one thing he is capable of.

We had posts through the years about AO developing a faceup game, Rick Jackson going right, GMac puffing himself out, etc, etc...

then why doesnt the lottery pick point guard have the ball???
ball movement, maybe?

as long as we don't ask our two guard to do any dribbling, passing, shooting, and defending, he can thrive in his role

We constantly have posts about players "developing" or what they should be doing but are unable to do. People talk about Southerland doing more than the one thing he is capable of.

We had posts through the years about AO developing a faceup game, Rick Jackson going right, GMac puffing himself out, etc, etc...
as we should

shouldn't college players develop?

southerland could tried picking up a weight at some point in these 4 years. maybe he wouldn't get pushed around so much.

had townie made your post, i would've left it alone, but he always has take it up a notch

ball movement, maybe?

as long as we don't ask our two guard to do any dribbling, passing, shooting, and defending, he can thrive in his role
What is it that you would have Triche do more of rather than shoot?

The "2" is a problem in 2 for 11. But so is the "11".

What is it that you would have Triche do more of rather than shoot?

The "2" is a problem in 2 for 11. But so is the "11".
sit
pass
get out of the way
guard 3 point shooters

as we should

shouldn't college players develop?

southerland could tried picking up a weight at some point in these 4 years. maybe he wouldn't get pushed around so much.

had townie made your post, i would've left it alone, but he always has take it up a notch

Develop along a predictable pattern sure. The one thing SU hoops has always been is really, really predictable. Our guys seeem to push out on their strengths, not develop a weakness (like Ricky and AO). So when people talk about things a player cannot obviously do it's kinda funny.

Unless you think MCW is going to carry us to the promised land.

Those saying JB should bench BT are asking for who to lead this team? Who?

The thing that is just killing me when I read these questions are the posts talking about how our pre-determined lottery pick point guard isn't always the answer here. MCW is the point guard, isn't he? Shouldn't he carry some of the load here?

The inbounds play was MCWs fault!!

If he wasn't a girl, he grabs the ball.

I also thought MCW bailed on the play and stopped his cut toward the basket when he should have kept going. Clearly BT thought the same thing. It was a tough play either way, but they could have executed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom