LOL at triche | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

LOL at triche

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, do tell, what are the posters here allowed to discuss that won't offend your delicate sensibilities?

My sensibilities aren't delicate.

But to try and hang everything around JB's neck using the brain-dead military philosophy that the commander is always responsible for everything isn't a particularly nuanced view of the world.

But beyond that I have been thinking ... and I go way back.

Before Boeheim and the Big East came along, SU was a backwater of college basketball. We were a mid-major. We were so low in the college basketball world that our first successful coach took a job at Tulane as a promotion. Think about that. Danforth took the Tulane job as a stepping stone up from SU.

Now SU is big time and it was Boeheim that made us big time. Sure the rise of the Big East helped. But other schools were in the Big East and they are still nowhere.

So to now criticize JB is to turn a blind eye to history. It is to me, an act of ingratitude ... a stunning act of ingratitude.

Melodrama and hyperbole aside, you're saying that no criticism of the head coach is allowed. Yeah, that would make for a fantastic message board.

Melodrama and hyperbole aside, you're saying that no criticism of the head coach is allowed. Yeah, that would make for a fantastic message board.

Jim Boeheim IS Syracuse University basketball. If you don't like him, the zone that has developed, the dome ... then what is it you do like?

When he leaves, I'd say its 50-50 the program will stay relevant nationally.

How many people here are hanging "everything around JB's neck", as you stated? I see that posters are criticizing him, along with the players.

To say that the coach is above criticism because of his long-standing connection to and employment with, SU, is bizarre, in my opinion.

Constructive criticism is fine, I think some folks, me included, get our panties in a bunch when people go off on the "destructive" type. I don't see where saying JB sucks and should retire, or player-x isn't trying or is a quitter helps the team at all, but people have to vent I guess.

Great post and my group constantly talks about this. If any other player in the past 37 years played this poorly with all these bonehead plays they definitely would be sitting on the bench, but not BT. I just don't understand why he leaves Brandon in games when he is struggling so much. BT is not treated the same as everyone else. I don't get it and it's not just because he's a senior, BT has always had a long leash.

I wouldn't say he's always had a long leash. He's had the quick yank to the bench for poor play the previous 3 seasons. Of course there have been more capable backups than Cooney in those previous 3 seasons including Waiters who should have been starting but that is a different can of worms. But as bad as Triche has been playing I also can't understand why JB won't bench him now. Capable backups or not. At least to send him a message. The message being that you're playing like horseshi% and I don't care if you're a senior. Play better or you're going to sit. Plus at this point could Cooney be any worse? Triche only credited with 7 turnovers was a gift from the official scorer today.

Triche's problem is mcw sucks and fair is worse.

How many people here are hanging "everything around JB's neck", as you stated? I see that posters are criticizing him, along with the players.

To say that the coach is above criticism because of his long-standing connection to and employment with, SU, is bizarre, in my opinion.
To say that JB is above criticism would be ridiculous. It doesn't make sense to criticize anybody but the coaches. To criticize the players is kind of stupid. They are reacting to the situation the best they know how. Only the coaches are in a position to make intellectual choices.

However, to criticize the coaches for JS not having a good handle is one of the most ridiculous things I've seen on the board in quite a while. And that's saying something because there's been an unbelievable amount of ridiculous BS on this board this year.

I believe JB's given BT a long leash over the years because he foresaw this season coming. This season we needed a senior guard/leader to be our bedrock. JB has done everything he can to prepare BT for this moment. It was a good plan but BT hasn't become the player we need. We have no better options. If we do well in the post-season it's only if BT makes it happen. It can be no other way. Unless you think MCW is going to carry us to the promised land.

Those saying JB should bench BT are asking for who to lead this team? Who?

Guessing you meant cooney. If you truly meant fair, I don't know anymore.
Fair is a good 2nd or 3rd banana.

He's a Robin, no Batman.

This team has no Batmans, and you all kill the only guy with a basketball brain out there.

Here's the way message boards work, sam.

You post something. Then people read it.

They can ignore, agree or disagree with what you say.

Sometimes if they disagree they will write back and challenge your statement. That's the part you seem to be having some trouble with.

You are entitled to an opinion. But you are not entitled to have everyone agree with you.

I would like to see a message board with far less whining after a loss. So I am not getting what I want either.

I believe JB's given BT a long leash over the years because he foresaw this season coming. This season we needed a senior guard/leader to be our bedrock. JB has done everything he can to prepare BT for this moment. It was a good plan but BT hasn't become the player we need. We have no better options. If we do well in the post-season it's only if BT makes it happen. It can be no other way. Unless you think MCW is going to carry us to the promised land.

Those saying JB should bench BT are asking for who to lead this team? Who?

Well of course you know who the candidate is ... Cooney.

And this is based on the curious belief that "He couldn't be any worse than BT". That's the extent of the logic that supports this.

He couldn't be any worse? Wanna bet?

Or that BT is so dog tired he can't play. These guys have no idea how tired BT is. These kids are in fantastic shape. Remember the 6OT game vs. UConn? Anybody pass out?

I watched a video a while back of a heart scan of a University of Maryland basketball player. It was incredible how efficiently that thing pumped.

His expression during the final minute said it all, he just doesn't care anymore. Could we be in a worse position heading into the tournament?
That seems pretty harsh to say. He doesn't care anymore? Huh? The kid has always had horrible body language and doesn't show a ton of emotion, but to say he doesn't care seems ridiculous...

Remember when JB benched Scoop a few times last year, or at least didn't play him much in second halves or in crucial situations? I wish we had the same ability to do that with Triche this year. Actually, I wish we had Scoop :)

I don't like criticizing SU players.

But for a 4-year point guard to throw two in-bounds passes to the opposition in a game like this (One meant for Fair the other for MCW) is just unforgivable.

It's not that Triche is dumb, or un-athletic or doesn't care. Its that his instincts for the game are weak. After all these games, he still constantly makes bad decisions on play after play.

so why is he the guy inbounding the ball ? If you can see this , shouldnt someone who sees him everyday in practice?

so why is he the guy inbounding the ball ? If you can see this , shouldnt someone who sees him everyday in practice?
Because he's the point guard. Because the point guard handles the ball And because he has done it more than anyone else. So these mistakes are more unlikely with him.

But Triche has always been prone to these mistakes.

The inbounds play was MCWs fault!!

If he wasn't a girl, he grabs the ball.

Fair is a good 2nd or 3rd banana.

He's a Robin, no Batman.

This team has no Batmans, and you all kill the only guy with a basketball brain out there.
Problem is triches shooting is as cold as mister freeze. You can't have two guards that can't shoot , who turn over all the time, and lose their guys on defense. What good is his supposed basketball brain? Didn't look too smart on the play where he passed fair wide open I'm the corner

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Problem is triches shooting is as cold as mister freeze. You can't have two guards that can't shoot , who turn over all the time, and lose their guys on defense. What good is his supposed basketball brain? Didn't look too smart on the play where he passed fair wide open I'm the corner

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Lots of problems, triche being forced to do more is end result.

I long for the days of defending hart against your posts....

I respectfully disagree. Triche threw it to the wrong shoulder. He threw it leading MCW into the defensive player instead of throwing it to his outside hand where he could have easily caught it and gone up with it.

There were two bad inbound passes by Brandon. The halfcourt lob pass was unexcusable, but both passes should never be made by a senior. He knows we have timeouts. If you think that MCW was at fault on the other pass then you are entitled to your opinion, but I think a senior should NEVER attempt that play unless it was wide open for a layup. NOT in that situation with that amount of time left.

Before Boeheim and the Big East came along, SU was a backwater of college basketball. We were a mid-major. We were so low in the college basketball world that our first successful coach took a job at Tulane as a promotion. Think about that. Danforth took the Tulane job as a stepping stone up from SU.

Now SU is big time and it was Boeheim that made us big time. Sure the rise of the Big East helped. But other schools were in the Big East and they are still nowhere.

So to now criticize JB is to turn a blind eye to history. It is to me, an act of ingratitude ... a stunning act of ingratitude.

You give way to much credit to Boeheim. In 72-73 SU was ranked #13, 73-74 #15, 74-75 (Final Four) ranked #6, 75-76 ranked #20. Before Boeheim took over, SU went to the tourney for 4 straight years back when only 32 teams were invited - hardly backwater. Govenor Carey's funding off the Dome, the advent of the Big East & ESPN are what elevated SU's program on the national map. Danforth's decision to go to Tulane is arguable one of the dumbest coaching moves off all-time but stop making the case that Boeheim built this program from scrap. He was just in the right place at the right time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom